IGNORED

Altirra 3.00 released

phaeron

I need help with Input mapping so I can use the emulated Koala Pad with Altirria. I have it set but no amount of trying can I get the stylist to activate any of the other option is the screen.

The Cartridge file loads and shows the menu and if I press space bar I get a stylist icon but I need a way to get the icon to active the menu item.

I need help with Input mapping so I can use the emulated Koala Pad with Altirria. I have it set but no amount of trying can I get the stylist to activate any of the other option is the screen.

The Cartridge file loads and shows the menu and if I press space bar I get a stylist icon but I need a way to get the icon to active the menu item.

It would help to mention what software you're trying to use. There are three control switches -- stylus tip, left pad, and right pad -- so make sure all three are bound.

In joystick dongle emulation, what would be the mapping argument to have the fire button pressed all the time?

Can't, you'll need to use an input map for this. Easiest is to bind an unused digital input to the fire button with the Inverted modifier.

• Like 1

>>It still won't work if VBXE is on, though, since in that case the rendering is done directly to 32-bit.<<

Thanks, that finally worked !

Where is the Problem when using 32bit ?

Just a quirk in the way that the analysis overlay is rendered. It's done by modifying the palette register outputs in the GTIA processing. VideoBoard XE replaces this path since it has a modified GTIA pipeline along with its own entirely new attribute map and overlay layers on top of it, so the analysis overlay doesn't get included. It's fixable, I'd just need to write another analysis overlay drawing routine.

• Like 1

Hello phaeron

It would appear that reading turbo cassettes stopped working in one of the most recent development versions, at least those with Turbo Enabled (Command Control).

When I try one of these wave files (booting from cassette with START+OPTION), the cassette boot file is booted correctly, but a small turbo file that immediately follows the cassette boot file does not (screen is black, there is no T-Play displayed). When I try the same with release 3.00, everything works just fine (horizontal loading bars visible, turbo file loads successfully).

Yes, just add an input mapping to a button and bind it to F9 from the drop down list (the drop down lists starts down at the buttons section, just scroll up for the F keys..

Hmm...Thought all the joystick buttons could be mapped to any key...

Pause is pretty much the only GUI choice you can't map :) (as yet??)

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

Very minor issue, but I noticed that a non-existent secondary IDE drive will return $50 (DRDY + DSC) in the status register after the Set Features command ($EF) is issued with DRV = 1. As far as I have been able to deduce, real hardware returns $00. The reverse situation (secondary drive present with no primary) results in unpredictable status bits, but this arrangement is not possible in the emulator at the moment anyway.