IGNORED

Altirra 3.00 released

phaeron

Then the 2 black stripes merges to one larger at the bottom ;)

That's not what happens here, I have overscan to normal, square pixels and its in a window with indicator margin....The black borders left and right are where I had adjusted the window size to a wrong ar

On a small note sort of related, if I set the display to Direct Draw (only) I just get a white window...

Anyway, here's a screen with those settings..

post-13027-0-77938500-1523180435_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mclaneinc

Hey now, no need to bump for the just for the sake of bumping....

Update:

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.10-test17.zip

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.10-test17-src.zip

• Added ARM64 build configuration. No way to tell if it works yet. (Anyone got a Snapdragon-based Windows 10 device? :-D)
  • Fixed issue with IDE slave device response with only a master on the bus. This was due to inconsistency between the CF and ATA implementations -- SIDE/MyIDE/IDEPlus should now have the same behavior here. Getting back $00 is documented behavior (ATA-4 9.16.1 Device 0 only configurations).
  • Fixed window auto-size, was taking indicator margin into account even when not enabled.
  • Added support for autoswitching to the default profile for an image type when launched for a file as the associated program for that file type. This is an option in Tools / Options / File Types but it is on by default. This behavior requires /launch to be specified on the command line, so for those who have already set up file associations you'll need to remove and readd them, and this won't affect existing IDEs and batch files that launch images through Altirra.
  • Like 13

Sorry Avery, I had a small dose of premature bumping :)

All cured now :)

But it would be nice to have a sticky for Altirra as its home is here on Atari Age and an easy way to find it, although for individual releases it might be easier to keep them separate?

Another words, ignore this :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

Fixed issue with IDE slave device response with only a master on the bus. This was due to inconsistency between the CF and ATA implementations -- SIDE/MyIDE/IDEPlus should now have the same behavior here. Getting back $00 is documented behavior (ATA-4 9.16.1 Device 0 only configurations).

Many thanks. XEL-CF also fixed:

post-21964-0-89348100-1523301163.png

Thanks for the ATA documentation reference as well. That would have saved me some experimentation, had I looked that section up. :)

BTW: I meant to mention - if you're interested in implementing it - that the XEL-CF3 has "swap button" support (similar to the SIDE2 button accessed via System->Console Switches).

The reset register at $D1Cx is now R/W, and returns signature information, button status and can reset the latch independent of the IDE controller:

post-21964-0-54443600-1523301998_thumb.png

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 2

You'll forgive me for looking up the original schematic. I believe in hardware engineers' designs, but not their documentation. :P

One thing that I'm seeing is that D0-D5 appear to be left floating by the XEL-CF3. Do you know if the 1088XEL has pull-ups on the data bus and what bits 0-5 read from $D1Cx? I don't see pull-ups in the schematic or in either the XEL-CF2 or XEL-CF3, which makes me a little suspicious that it's relying on the $D1 high address byte being floated.

• Like 2

Not at all: It somehow took me several days to properly interpret the gloss on the schematic. :)

Data bus is pulled up by RN10, so - with the XEL-CF3 - $D1C0-C7 reads $BF until the button is latched, at which point we get $3F at the same addresses. XEL-CF2 should read $FF at all times.

Hmm ... sounds like I'm gonna have to build an XEL-CF3. And then get a new top panel machined with a hole drilled for the swap button. :)

Sorry for the digression ... Thanks for the new release, Avery!

Don't forget the additional slot for the slave drive. The XEL-CF3 does DP :)

I know, its a bit early to bump but I did it, I'm a very naughty boy :)

Just keen to know if its real or bug..

Sorry Avery, I had a small dose of premature bumping :)

All cured now :)

But it would be nice to have a sticky for Altirra as its home is here on Atari Age and an easy way to find it, although for individual releases it might be easier to keep them separate?

Another words, ignore this :)

Paul,

I agree that you've been quite naughty lately. Your wife needs to give you a spanking with an Atari magazine! :)

• Like 1

Odd thing, not come across this before, what is the difference between opening an image and auto booting it, the reason I ask is that there's a game called Galaxy Defender (the one that's OSA and 400/800 + Basic) which is an xex, now setting the required basic etc and autobooting it fails but with the basic etc and opening the image it boots.

Edited by Mclaneinc

Query re Happy emulation, this probably has been mentioned before but searches bring up pages upon pages..

I'm saying this as an example in the real world, the answer in the emulated world would be to remove the Happy device..

Say I have Happy 1050 emulation on all the time and I come across a EA title that I know won't boot because of it, in the real world I'd set it to Unhappy mode and reset either warm or cold and when I wanted the drive back to happy I'd power cycle it but under emulation as far as I have seen the second the Atari is rebooted so is the drive so the unhappy mode is instantly lost. Either I've missed something (odds are high here :) ) or you just have to remove the Happy for that game?

Its just that I know how you like the emulation to mirror real world as much as possible.

Yeah I know I could have profiles to boot protected games without the Happy but call me old fashioned, back in the day I loved when I got my Lazer driver to hear the old drive go in to warp mode on the software that took advantage of it and I'm just as silly now..

Or, have as missed something :)

Paul...

Question open to all...

Odd thing, not come across this before, what is the difference between opening an image and auto booting it, the reason I ask is that there's a game called Galaxy Defender (the one that's OSA and 400/800 + Basic) which is an xex, now setting the required basic etc and autobooting it fails but with the basic etc and opening the image it boots.

Booting an image clears other images so you're just booting that image. Traditionally all disk/cart/tape/program images have been cleared, recent versions let you choose in Configure System > Boot.

Opening an image leaves everything else mounted. In particular, if you have the BASIC cartridge inserted, Boot Image will remove it, while Open Image will keep it.

Say I have Happy 1050 emulation on all the time and I come across a EA title that I know won't boot because of it, in the real world I'd set it to Unhappy mode and reset either warm or cold and when I wanted the drive back to happy I'd power cycle it but under emulation as far as I have seen the second the Atari is rebooted so is the drive so the unhappy mode is instantly lost. Either I've missed something (odds are high here :) ) or you just have to remove the Happy for that game?

Yes, this is a known design issue -- currently you can't reset the computer without also resetting the peripherals. It's only very recently that the internal device framework had any notion of whether a device was "internal" or not and it's not yet fully pushed out to the UI, the only currently visible result being the boot delay option. The work around for now is to set up a configuration that allows a 'lukewarm reset' of the computer. Ultimate1MB can do this through its menu, which is invoked by warm reset but can effectively do a cold reset. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution offhand for 400/800.

Its just that I know how you like the emulation to mirror real world as much as possible.

Well, if you really want realism, I could emulate the annoying issue where turning on/off or connecting the computer and drives in the wrong order would occasionally blow a component in the 810. Never did find out exactly what the issue was.

• Like 2

Thank you Avery but there's realism and Uber realism and I'll leave it with (Phaeron) realism :)

Odd to blow a component doing that, some weird discharge in line if the right items are linked....Mind you, reading something from a man who ran a branch of an electronics company who still puts batteries upside down at times probably isn't much use :)

I of course blame the eye sight..

i run into one issue with latest test build...

running Eidolon and saving the state... and reloading state at some point the pm priorities are messed up as panel colors are behind the pm underlays.

so basicly I need loaded eidolon... saved state in latest test and reloaded and went into debugger and back and at some point even not altering the PM priorities seem to have switched.

not happening in 3.00 release version.

well... now happening in 3.00, too... loaded right away this state file into Altirra 3.00 and PMs of the panel are wrong.

eidolon.zip

Edited by Heaven/TQA

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.10-test18.zip

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.10-test18-src.zip

• Fixed crash on startup in the ARM64 build. (QEMU is nearly unusably slow for this, btw.)
  • Fixed crash on startup when running within the Windows 10 recovery console -- DirectInput 8 support is now optional.
  • Fixed a bug when deleting files from DOS2/MyDOS disks in the disk explorer: the directory wasn't updated correctly if the file being deleted was the only entry at the beginning of the last directory sector.
  • Fixed wrong VTOC signature when formatting new disks in DOS 1 format.
  • Added commands to disk UI to convert disks to DOS 1 format and to reinterleave at 12:1.
  • Added command to disk UI to revert a modified disk in virtual R/W mode, discarding changes and re-reading the original, unmodified disk image.
  • Fixed sharp bilinear filter not updating properly when changing the artifacting setting. It is supposed to disable the horizontal sharpening when high artifacting is enabled and this wasn't happening if you switched the artifacting mode after already in sharp bilinear mode.

• Like 7

Hi Avery,

Just did a search for IS Plate and Altirra and hit a 0, was this 1050 upgrade ever considered for emulation by you?

Just wondered as you have added a great man 'Happy' style clones or additional 1050 upgrades..

Not enough info or something else?

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.10-test19.zip

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.10-test19-src.zip

• Improved PRIOR handling in save states. The GTIA renderer was not restoring some internal state properly, so the P/M graphics rendering switched priority (though collisions didn't). There was a separate issue where loading a save state cross-version would cause a different problem with the same symptoms; that was unfortunately saved into the supplied save state, so the fixes won't make that save state work, though they should prevent it from happening again.
  • Fixed bug where save states and SAP images wouldn't load when dragged from .zip files in Explorer, or any other non-file load path was used.
  • Fixed bug where attempting to boot a save state image through Boot Image instead of Load State would reset the computer after loading the save state.

As for IS Plate, not enough info -- I wasn't able to find a ROM image for it, in particular.

Edited by phaeron
  • Like 6

Odd, isn't the IS plate rom two 4K roms in one with only one side being used and the other possibly for planned updates at some point?

I say this based upon work Nir Dary did on fixing and IS plate upgrade for someone..

Edited by Mclaneinc