IGNORED

Altirra 3.00 released

phaeron

Regular execution history is limited to 128K instructions. The performance analyzer tracer can buffer more and will allow searching within a window of 400K instructions within the trace.

Another option is the heat map (hme, etc.). It tracks read and write accesses to addresses and can tell you the 'source' of the current value stored at an address.

Using "r; g" as the condition can cause stepping to run away due to resuming execution when the breakpoint hits. Using the -n option to the bx command with just "r" as the breakpoint action is better as that sets a non-stopping breakpoint. Current test versions also have bta command that makes this easier; it is the memory access version of the tracepoint (bt) command.

• Like 2

i need to ship a standalone Altirra with my next release.

Where can I see the ".ini" file?

In a perfect world I would like to configure to the desired settings, copy/paste Altirra and .ini file and bundle it with my demo. Jac did it with his SillyPack. Or do I have to manually edit that ini file?

another option would be save state file? but a file with ini-segments ($2e2) does not stop altirra (break at run adress) as its not $2e0...

ideas/help?

The easiest way would be to make a folder with ALtirra and its needed OS roms (unless its works ok under Avery's internal bios) in the main dir, then run it with a /portable command line..(If you don't use the command line initially it will use the registry settings it has stored (if any))

Then setup the release as you want it and altirra to do out with all the settings done, close altirra and there it is..A stand alone version of Altirra with its own special ini for your release..

And that way your own Altirra if its using the registry is untouched..

Paul..

(Sorry about the hand held look of the post Heaven, its just incase anyone else wants to have an Altirra with an ini file to do something special away from their own Altirra settings)

Methinks you are able to use basic and the like ;)

Lol...Sorry...Looking forward to the new release...

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

Should be fine, If it needs IDE stuff etc just stuff the roms in with altirra and do a firmware scan before you shut it down so they are known to the setup, as long as its all self contained in that folder it should be fully transportable..

Have fun

Paul..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Release candidate:

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.10-test36.zip

http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-3.10-test36-src.zip

• Fixed a few regressions in disk drive debugging: issues with intermittent stepping and not being able to set PC, and 8048 R0/R1 registers being reported incorrectly in history.
  • Like 9

Another milestone in completeness...

2600 emulation?

Lol...Just joking, I know that's a whole different ball game...

Regarding Altirra, to quote Paulie from Rocky III (1982 Sylvester Stallone film) when looking at the newly put up Rocky statue by the city, he looks at it and says "Its a thing of beauty"....That's Altirra :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

I downloaded and ran Altirra yesterday for the first time... I use OSX and have run atari800 for years. Yes, I'm used to no sound, I don't run it for everything.

But I did shed a small tear- Altirra is so nice and has so many features. I cried because there isn't something like this for OSX (yet..?)

It would be nice to have a master config file generated that could be edited (to cut down on too much UI clicking to setup a working profile) but the features and the setup.... nice job.

Thanks for building this amazing software.

The first time I had it booting with the U1M BIOS after just 5min of fiddling I was speechless!

• Like 2

I downloaded and ran Altirra yesterday for the first time... I use OSX and have run atari800 for years. Yes, I'm used to no sound, I don't run it for everything.

But I did shed a small tear- Altirra is so nice and has so many features. I cried because there isn't something like this for OSX (yet..?)

It would be nice to have a master config file generated that could be edited (to cut down on too much UI clicking to setup a working profile) but the features and the setup.... nice job.

The first time I had it booting with the U1M BIOS after just 5min of fiddling I was speechless!

If you run it via command line with a /portable switch at the end you will get the cfg / ini file you want, it will then use that until you delete it and then it will go back to using the registry..

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

If you run it via command line with a /portable switch at the end you will get the cfg / ini file you want, it will then use that until you delete it and then it will go back to using the registry..

Yep there is that and it's great. But also within a "single" Altirra configuration you can have endless setups and easily choose between them from within Altirra itself too.

To Avery: thanks to my Turbo Freezer debugger I might found another VBXE emu bug.

In XDL Altirra interprets x3 as wide screen while real hw switched back to narrow wide.

Real hw

0 narrow

1 normal

2 wide

And 3 is narrow again while 3 Altirra remains in wide.

Core 1.26. Havent checked core 1.24.

• Like 1

Yep there is that and it's great. But also within a "single" Altirra configuration you can have endless setups and easily choose between them from within Altirra itself too.

Indeed, that was just for someone doing stuff by command line only to be easy.....The profile system on Altirra is great, could do with a spruce up which have been mentioned in the past (so no repeat requests)...

Paul.

I always think warp and OS 'X' as something other than apple os ten (X)

No tears, I eat apples... :)

To Avery: thanks to my Turbo Freezer debugger I might found another VBXE emu bug.

In XDL Altirra interprets x3 as wide screen while real hw switched back to narrow wide.

Real hw

0 narrow

1 normal

2 wide

And 3 is narrow again while 3 Altirra remains in wide.

Core 1.26. Havent checked core 1.24.

Yes, confirmed from the VHDL, I'll fix it for 3.20.

• Like 3

Altirra Command-Line

Usage: Altirra [switches] <disk/cassette/cartridge images...>

Please add a switch to indicate to the debugger the source code:

/source <txt.asm>

I'm not sure what this would do...? The debugger has source code support so it can map between addresses and source code lines. If it doesn't already know the source file, it won't know any line mappings either and this switch won't fix that.