IGNORED

Altirra 3.00 released

phaeron

Attached is the one I used for testing.

Hi Phareon - Thank you so much for adding the Custom Shader feature.

I use Windows with "Inverted Colours" to reduce eye strain and wondered if you knew of similar shader that would "Invert Colours" for Altirra ?

I have googled extensively and could not find a compatible shader that Altirra didn't complain about having syntax errors, so they may have been in the wrong shader format.

Very many thanks- Lynysys.

I use Windows with "Inverted Colours" to reduce eye strain and wondered if you knew of similar shader that would "Invert Colours" for Altirra ?

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can try this: invert.zip

As always, great work on the emulator and it's much appreciated. Any chance for a "preserve high memory on cold reset" option. I typically emulate a 65C816 and set up a RAMDISK with the high memory.

What's the hardware configuration that this corresponds to? I put in the extended memory preserve option because someone had battery backed up PORTB RAM, but I haven't heard of such for 65C816 linear memory.

Avery... one thing which pops into mind when coding vbxe software... I might missed many powerful debug features but is there a way of single step the VBXE, too?

I mean I can use breakpoints and output eg .vbxe_bll but when you have chained thousands of bcbs I was thinking that there is a way to debug it in line with cpu?

Ok. More precisely single step a bcb not only a chain.

Edited by Heaven/TQA
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can try this: attachicon.gifinvert.zip

What's the hardware configuration that this corresponds to? I put in the extended memory preserve option because someone had battery backed up PORTB RAM, but I haven't heard of such for 65C816 linear memory.

Unfortunately I no longer use actual hardware. I had water damage at my home and that ended my run with the real iron. And now, even if I had the space (which I don't because it's been reallocated, you might say like sectors in a file system LOL) pricing and availability are not the greatest either.

But I digress... to answer your question directly; I know of no actual hardware case where high/linear RAM has a battery backup option. So I guess I see your point if you are interested strictly in emulating real/legit/actual hardware that may be out there.

I must say though that such a hardware solution would be just as worthwhile as it is for extended memory, for the same reasons and likewise for emulation of such solutions as well. For me, Altirra substitutes for actual hardware, so the idea of enhancements or new features excites me just as it would on real hardware, and even if it is exclusive to a software Atari. In short, I think it would be useful regardless if such a feature is actually available for real hardware or not. I think it would be cool!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear Fuji......

Many of us know the pain of losing stuff in bad ways..

Maybe you will take another chance of if there's someone local who has a spare, either way Altirra will fill that space in its own unique way....Its not real hardware but its damn close and better in many many ways but we also love the real thing..

Paul..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2

Sorry to hear Fuji......

Many of us know the pain of losing stuff in bad ways..

Maybe you will take another chance of if there's someone local who has a spare, either way Altirra will fill that space in its own unique way....Its not real hardware but its damn close and better in many many ways but we also love the real thing..

Paul..

I really don't have the space anymore anyway even if it all could magically reappear in working order. And like Keatah said, I too find the virtual experience to be superior now and also it is really convenient too.

• Like 1

@fujidude:

I'd rather feel uneasy about my original hardware from the 80's magically appearing out of thin air. It might be nice to see it and all. But beyond that..? I don't know, it would likely sit in storage or be packed away somewhere.

Besides I don't have the desire to spend time restoring/cleaning/recapping/maintaining tons of vintage hardware. Though I religiously update all my emulators on a haphazard irregular basis. It's just a different form of getting involved and tinkering with something. In a weird sense I equate an emulator update to taking apart a console and making some imaginary nebulous change/fix/mod.

Much of the reason I stay with emulation today has to do with my childhood obsession of wanting an all-in-one box that never breaks down and plays all my consoles. And today here we are! In fact, with emulation, I'm more into the (virtual) machines now than I was when I had real hardware.

• Like 1

I an totally understand the non wish to keep (using a contractors term) 'making good' old machines and yes the space is a pain, back in the day the more the better for me in terms of hardware, I could have filled the house with it and ended up very divorced quite soon after but when you get to now we turn to the minimalist approach because sensible notions like 'living space', time and life in general take over. Its a bit weird, I've got my 3 beloved retro computers all setup around this desk but I still find myself going down the emulation line most of the time. And yes, the superb flexibility of a super Atari under Altirra just makes me smile and for debs must just mean a huge leap in dev work time in debugging etc.

But still I do boot up my Atari with its SIO, AVG and matching monitors as I do with the C64 (Breadbin & C) with their Ultimate II cart or my Amiga 1200 with its Gotek drive in, I still love the real thing but the emulation also enthrals me, to be perfectly honest its a wonderful situation to be in, enjoy both or pack it away.....Nah....It stays for now..

I'll keep both out for the time until I have no choice (hope that does not happen), I'd hate to see the hardware go, like all I've worked hard, traded hard and where possible spent hard along with some amazing generosity from the group and it will sit out and get its small but needed uses..

Truly I do understand the love of emulation and I do understand the intricacies of keep old gear going let alone the space it takes.....Whatever makes you happy is always the best way to go...

Nothing can beat real hw.... ;) got yesterday my first SEGA Mega Drive.... :) SeeeeegAaaa

I like real hardware .. that's why I let my friends have it.

But really, it just takes space, and for gaming, you want those save states, good screen, controller freedom, recording, region free playing, and let's face, pirated software.

• Like 2

yeah I know what you mean... I got my NES Pi, Pi with RetroArch, SNES Mini and will get PSX Mini... basement is full with reotro hardware... but still nothing can beat CRT+retro consoles... (my 1084 serves well so far...).

I like to have the 800 XL (recently switched on again... nice nice machine compared to the 130XE) and my 800... sometimes I simply type on the keyboard and open the cart bay.... lovely machine, too.

• Like 1

I DO keep and maintain my original childhood Apple II material. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it. I only unpack it from time to time. It's all sentimental value and I do +90% of my Apple II activities through emulation.

I also collect:

2 vintage PCs

Ti-59

TRS-80 Pocket Computer 1, 2, and 4.

Those don't take up much space at all and they are childhood items too.

Edited by Keatah

• 1 year later...
On 4/23/2018 at 12:25 PM, MrFish said:

It looks like you included the line offset data (on the far left) in your conversion, which put it to 10K.

I reconverted it without the offset data and it's 8K. It's also 4K repeated twice.

[Edit] The MD5 checksums match now too.

File: ISPlate.rom
CRC-32: f5a142b7
MD4: ea6fec221d0f71668f8d2b1520c75dc7
MD5: ba55e2ecf9986fb9ebff737b492670b1
SHA-1: 826ddd98094db8161a8c411da679327b6ca1cb11

ISPlate.rom 8 kB · 77 downloads

Hello all atari users,

I have downloaded this 8kb and the new8kb but i cant flash it in megaspeedy it read then write and than the flash goes wrong.

The 4kb version works. How can i fix it i used the orginal latest version flasher (i flashed the xillinx chip for add is plate option for use isplate) when i flash option A slot 1.

I have downloaded from here and with respqt added to a empty floppy disk slot 2 d2.

Maybe someone here can help me out.

I wont use the 8kb version to or are there differts version like speedy 1,4 1,5 etc...

Thanks to all atati users here to be here on the forum stay healty.

Grt marco