IGNORED

Very cheap SCART to HDMI converter: be worth?

Felyx

You can usually improve the image of these HDMI devices with an HDMI scanline generator.

My current Jaguar setup consists of a SCART to HDMI converter with HDMI scanline generator. I've used similar devices with SCART to VGA output for other consoles. I just recently came across this HDMI specific device.

The scanline generator down-scales to a 4:3 aspect ratio of (1024 x 768), I'm using a 50" plasma TV. The image does not center but displays from left to right with about 1/4 of the screen's far right as a blank screen.

These are available from eBay (least expensive - from China) and Amazon.

There is a good review of the device on YouTube (7 minutes in length):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFSRGBv9enU

I took these pics off my TV .... My apologies as I do not have a video capture card. First pic is native HDMI displayed, second pic has scanlines.

Rayman

post-63816-0-03658600-1520561490.jpg

post-63816-0-99496700-1520561543.jpg

Alien vs Predator

post-63816-0-43342700-1520561801.jpg

post-63816-0-74692600-1520561832.jpg

post-63816-0-70553700-1520561876.jpg

post-63816-0-08232300-1520561898.jpg

Raiden

post-63816-0-14023400-1520561975.jpg

post-63816-0-78234100-1520562010.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How can people stand playing 4:3 games stretched to 16:9? Drives me nuts just seeing pics of that.

Yeah, exactly. I have one of these boxes and it really ruins it for me. The image quality itself is great, and I don't get any blurring or input lag, but the 16:9 stretched image just ruins everything. :(

I found this ( on Amazon.de. Anyone have experience with this?

I have one of these and tried it from composite to HDMI on a 65 inch Panasonic Viera Plasma and it looks pretty nice. A little blurry around the edges but looked pretty nice to me on a large tv!

You can usually improve the image of these HDMI devices with an HDMI scanline generator.

My current Jaguar setup consists of a SCART to HDMI converter with HDMI scanline generator. I've used similar devices with SCART to VGA output for other consoles. I just recently came across this HDMI specific device.

The scanline generator down-scales to a 4:3 aspect ratio of (1024 x 768), I'm using a 50" plasma TV. The image does not center but displays from left to right with about 1/4 of the screen's far right as a blank screen.

These are available from eBay (least expensive - from China) and Amazon.

There is a good review of the device on YouTube (7 minutes in length):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFSRGBv9enU

I took these pics off my TV .... My apologies as I do not have a video capture card. First pic is native HDMI displayed, second pic has scanlines.

Rayman

attachicon.gifRayman NSL.JPG

attachicon.gifRayman SL.JPG

Alien vs Predator

attachicon.gifAvsP NSL.JPG

attachicon.gifAvsP SL.JPG

attachicon.gifMvsP NSL.JPG

attachicon.gifMvsP SL.JPG

Raiden

attachicon.gifRaiden2 NSL.JPG

attachicon.gifRaiden2 SL.JPG

Hey Venatus are you saying you bought something to ADD in the scanlines? I think the picture looks great on your post but think it doesn't look as good with scan lines in.

Hey Venatus are you saying you bought something to ADD in the scanlines? I think the picture looks great on your post but think it doesn't look as good with scan lines in.

Yes, there is a link of the review for the HDMI scanline generator above in my post.

I bought mine from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Video-Output-Generator-Arcade/dp/B077JN6ZYH/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521504584&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+scanline+generator&dpID=519SmYdzcJL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I actually like the scaliness... cleans up the blurriness.

But.. I know its not for everyone. some like and some don't.

• 1 month later...