IGNORED

IntyBASIC Showcase Volume 2

Tarzilla

I did see the video yesterday and wanted to post my thoughts but couldn't convey it. The 3D is a bit off since everything except the starfield move the same speed when panning.

If the ship is panning, The starfield is fine. I think the objects that is the closest to you would pan faster than the object that is further away when you're moving.

If your ship was rotating on an axis, then the starfield would have to pan faster than the objects closer to the ship.

It's not real 3D only pseudo-3D to convey a nice playing illusion while not exceeding Intellivision speed.

Game #3 Meteors is now to be published as a standalone game by Intellivision Revolution and it has been replaced by this one.

I've worked hard and it took me years (well, only 24 hours) to develop a worthy and pretty addictive game called Meteor Storm. :grin:

Nice!

Seems to be more playable than Blockade Runner

• Like 2

mthompson put together a story for the game, about a commander that fights meteors and has to deliver supplies, and guess what? now there is a supply delivery animation inside the game :)

(click to animate)

attachicon.gifmvi_0002.gif

OK, scratch me porting the Atari 2600 starship for my entry in the IntyBasic contest.

• Like 1

Port whatever you want. It's important to show your own style, it can be even better than mine :)

First off, I'm just kidding. but it's funny I was playing with an asteroids type game when you announced Meteors and I really was considering a montage of some of the original Atari 2600 releases for the new contest, and starship was one I was thinking about. (I have pretty much nixed that idea anyhow)

secondly, no, mine will never be never be better. but thanks for the vote of confidence.

First off, I'm just kidding. but it's funny I was playing with an asteroids type game when you announced Meteors and I really was considering a montage of some of the original Atari 2600 releases for the new contest, and starship was one I was thinking about. (I have pretty much nixed that idea anyhow)

secondly, no, mine will never be never be better. but thanks for the vote of confidence.

That was an incredible coincidence, I toyed with the idea for years because I wasn't sure if the 8 sprites would be able to recreate enough meteors.

You'll improve definitively with practice, soon or later you'll do something amazing :) :thumbsup:

And with respect to this game it's simply my Meteors game turned into pseudo-3D, not a great effort of imagination on my side, but I needed a game to fill the Showcase after Meteors went to its own release.

• Like 1