IGNORED

Rumors about games that turned out to be false

BassGuitari

I love my Vic-20 but the attempted Doom port is just a disgrace. I seriously got nauseous after playing a few minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7h3H-_8N_o

I don’t know. I thought that was pretty impressive for the VIC-20!

I still dream of what might be done for the A8 with the MIDIMaze engine...

Two more I just remembered from way back (both pertain to the NES):

-I remember a friend telling me he knew another kid who was saying that he had a game with "a hundred games on it", and that his dad got on a business trip to Hong Kong. No one believed him. Sounds like he wasn't lying, as his dad probably snagged him a pirated multicart on that business trip! This was pre-internet, so we didn't have a clue.

- This Kotaku article reminded me of this one. Another was while hanging out with my older cousins and their friends. They would always try and convince me that one of their friends' dad "worked for Nintendo" and could get free/cheap games. They would always try to get me to give them whatever money I had and they would get me said cheap games, and turn around and go to the convenience store down the street and spend it on candy and soda. I never fell for it, although other kids in the neighborhood probably did. Apparently the "my dad/uncle/etc. worked for Nintendo" thing was nationwide. Some people's dads probably DID work for Nintendo, but not that kid's dad!

• Like 2