IGNORED

PvP games list (Player VS. Player).

Matej

Asteroids for the Atari 8-bit doesn't show up in either search.

That was THE college dorm game in the mid 80s. It has game options that allow teams turning it into Space War With Big Rocks. WITH four players on the 800.

• Like 3

Asteroids for the Atari 8-bit doesn't show up in either search.

That was THE college dorm game in the mid 80s. It has game options that allow teams turning it into Space War With Big Rocks. WITH four players on the 800.

Well, thats why I said "some examples", which means some programs (not all programs)... iow, just some lists (links) to get you started.

Survivor (Synapse) allows multiplayer cooperative play (one steers the spaceship, others shoot).

Nautilus (Synapse) allows one player to play the Nautilus submarine and the other to play the Colossus ship.

Wizard of Wor is a great multiplayer maze game.

Floyd of the Jungle (early Microprose) allows for four-player jungle maze play and

Mig Alley Ace (dito) and Wingman have two-player split-screen aerial combat.

Chopper Rescure (dito) allows cooperative play.

(A lot of these are early Sid Meier games.)

• Like 1

Three of my favorites...

Rally Speedway

Maze War

Snowball Fight

Rally Speedway unfortunately doesn't use a split screen, so the game "resets" every time one player is so fast (or the other so slow) that the cars cannot be shown on one screen. This is one of the games that would benefit from a vertically split screen as horizontal split would leave very little visibility of the track for either player.

Edited by slx

PvP over Internet .... latency is always there. That's why multiplayer games always have "pretending" routines added.

Such games do better "move by move" . So a "His Dark Majesty" in Multiplayer could do more fun than International Karate with two players ;)

I'm pretty sure (never tested it) my "Atari Schiffeversenken" would do fine, playing on an ST on one side of the planet, and an XL connected on the other side of the Planet to the internet.... ;)

Edited by emkay
  • Like 1