IGNORED

New Year, New Jaguar Games

PikoInteractive

I have not made an official announcement on our website. But last year in Oct, we closed a deal with Atari SA to purchase the rights of about 60 game IPs.

These new titles added an influx of games we can/want to port to Jaguar.

At the time, we were looking for someone to take on our Jaguar Releases so we could concentrate on monetize these games digitally as soon as possible. Unfortunately we couldn't find anyone that would be the right partner.

The reason I needed some other company/team to take on the releases is because so far, we've been doing the Jaguar releases by hand. Man, it is a lot of work compared to other platforms which we pretty much get the PCBs fully assembled with the games loaded. Our fulfilling times were longer for Jaguar, as every PCB was soldered and tested by hand, and on top of that, we needed to program and solder 2 Flash eeproms on the PCB, almost doubling our assembling time. This added extra pressure that resulted in a bit of drop on quality on our second release.

However, since we couldn't find anyone to take on the Jaguar projects, I found my self forced to keep on doing them ourselves. But I just will not do them by hand. So yesterday we sent some publicly available documentation to a trusted factory so they can start making a new Jaguar PCB which would come pre assembled and pre programmed. At the same time, this week we will dispatch a Cart sample so a new tooling for a cart is made and we can get the pcbs already in a cart, ready for packaging and shipping.

This will lead to Jaguar released (hopefully!) to be done in pairs, so (hopefully) there will be 2 releases in 2018 of a total of 4 games.

As I mentioned on previous announcements, our pricing will not pass the 54.99 mark for a complete in box game. However, we are planning a separate venture called Replay Pass that would allow paid members to get our games, general retro gaming products and other benefits at up to 50% off the MSRP.

Replay Pass would be a separate announcements so there would be details later.

As Always, we want to bring the highest products possible at the lowest possible cost for our consumers.

Thanks for your support on previous releases and I hope we can serve you all in the best possible way in 2018! Happy New Year!

• Like 19

Put me on the pre-order list for all 60 please. Let me know when you need that $3,299.40 sent over your way.

Can we find 250 clones of you? lol!

Unfortunately just part of those 60 would be considered for Jaguar ports. But still good stuff.

In regards of replay pass, yes is a yearly membership, but we want to offer more stuff besides our games. So working with console and retro products distributors etc.

• Like 1

This sounds great. I look forward to hearing more.

One question - did you buy the IP outright from Atari or are these just certain/specific use licenses? Always curious to know where IP is going like with BattleZone now under Rebellion.

Out right! I don't like handling licensing anymore. So starting 2015 and on we just did full buy out =D.

Btw, there should be more info here:

http://pikointeractive.com/blog/

Edited by PikoInteractive

The titles included in this new catalog have mainly original IPs from the following developers:

• Infogrames
  • Ocean Software
  • Legend Entertainment
  • Beam Software
  • Accolade
  • Hasbro Interactive
  • GT Interactive
  • Microprose/Spectrum Holobyte

Damn, that's some pretty exciting news! Congratulations !

I understand you don't want to just shout out all the IPs acquired, just yet.

Have you guys considered the option of sublicensing certain specific game to a third-party developer for a specific platform/release ?

Out of 60 games, there's gotta be some racing games there I could use with my 3D engine :)

Coupled with sharing the factory for pre-assembled PCBs with the developer (effectively, double-tapping), this just might make business sense for you, at minimal effort ;)

• Like 1

By the time the Jag still doesn't have any Operation Wolf like nor any Bomberman...

Ocean is listed so there is a hope but that's dead again for Bomberman...

Edited by Felyx

An RBI baseball game like the original NeS one with better graphics but similar game play would be fun.

Not sure how well this has held up, but RBI 2 for the ST looks like it might be fun:

Not sure if the ST ever received

aka Bo Jackson Baseball - but that's a good game on the Amiga. Then there's
and
, but... :sleep:
  • Like 2

Damn, that's some pretty exciting news! Congratulations !

I understand you don't want to just shout out all the IPs acquired, just yet.

Have you guys considered the option of sublicensing certain specific game to a third-party developer for a specific platform/release ?

Out of 60 games, there's gotta be some racing games there I could use with my 3D engine :)

Coupled with sharing the factory for pre-assembled PCBs with the developer (effectively, double-tapping), this just might make business sense for you, at minimal effort ;)

Well, MicroProse is on the list, so maybe this would make a good candidate?:

• Like 3