IGNORED

New Year, New Jaguar Games

PikoInteractive

If we are talking Microprose..

What about Impossible Mission 2025?

I'm more curious about the I.P rights to Impossible Mission than i am the game itself.

Last i knew the I.P rights for Impossible Mission lay with System 3..

I bought the PSN Minis version of the game on PS3 and that had classic and remade visuals versions on it.

Copyright Ironstone Publishers 2010..so could you bring Impossible Mission 2025 to a platform of your choosing as it is a seperate licence? .

Sorry to pester...

Do System 3 hold rights to entire Epyx home micro back catalogue?.

It's been years since they put out Impossible Mission and i haven't seen them do anything with the likes of Pitstop II, Crush,Crumble and Chomp!, Mind-Roll,etc..

So, you couldn't for example look at bringing World Karate Championship to the Jaguar..even if straight port from the ST?.

I think they bought the complete catalog of Epyx, if I'm not mistaken.

Press releases of the time, implied they had..so they were sat on World Games, Summer Games, California Games etc..

Were bringing out new version of Impossible Mission.. Which they did, but also Pitstop..which I never saw.

Even if it was just more PSN Mini type conversions, that would of been something..

Instead, they own the rights to everything, yet seem to be doing nothing with them.

Frustrating..

I wonder how Final Approach in VR compares to Kennedy Approach. Haven't really played either, since I didn't have the manual for Keneddy Approach and I never bought Final Approach.

I'm less interested in graphic frills than I am in solid gameplay. Graphical minimalism was actually a virtue in the first game, as action was frantic enough, and I think anything else would have created a visual distraction. Extra sound samples would be great, though, as would different airfields (like Hong Kong's old airport horror, or St. Maarten's beachside field) and weather conditions.

I'm not sure I'm totally following all of this, but if Epyx and MicroProse games make it to the Jaguar, and I can start getting games like F15 Strike Eagle II or F-19 Stealth Fighter, or M1 Tank Command, or 688 Attack Sub or all those others, then I might as well just do a direct deposit for my next few paychecks because that's pretty much how this is going to go...

• Like 1

What about SSI? I would *love* to see the Phantasie trilogy on the Jag.

Who owns the SSI IP? Sure, the D&D stuff is owned by... hell I don't even know anymore, it has shifted so many times. But Phantasie and all the fantrastic strategy games like Decision in the Desert and Eastern Front..

But Microprose didn't have anything to do with those, right? Falcon 4.0 would be epic on the Jag...

• Like 1

Who owns the SSI IP? Sure, the D&D stuff is owned by... hell I don't even know anymore, it has shifted so many times. But Phantasie and all the fantrastic strategy games like Decision in the Desert and Eastern Front..

But Microprose didn't have anything to do with those, right? Falcon 4.0 would be epic on the Jag...

Decision in the Desert was a Microprose game, but it only appeared on the C-64, Atari 8-bit and Apple II. Eastern Front was an Atari 8-bit computer game, first as an APX title and later published by Atari.

Knights of the Sky by Microprose would be cool on the Jaguar.

Falcon 4.0 would be epic on the Jag...

MINIMUM:

Processor: 1.8 GHz Processor

Memory: 512 MB RAM

Graphics: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7

Storage: 700 MB available space

Sound Card: 100% DirectX compatible card or onboard sound

So, other than being around 100x too slow (being generous here), with 510mb to little, and no 3D graphics accelerator, everything should go well. Providing that 700MB is loaded from CD totally error free.

Scratch that, not getting involved :)

• Like 3

Decision in the Desert was a Microprose game, but it only appeared on the C-64, Atari 8-bit and Apple II. Eastern Front was an Atari 8-bit computer game, first as an APX title and later published by Atari.

Knights of the Sky by Microprose would be cool on the Jaguar.

Ha, you are 100% correct, I always thought they were both developed by SSI. I knew a dude who said trhey made terrible strategy games.. this was based on Warwind 2 which ran terribly on his computer...

MINIMUM:

Processor: 1.8 GHz Processor

Memory: 512 MB RAM

Graphics: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7

Storage: 700 MB available space

Sound Card: 100% DirectX compatible card or onboard sound

So, other than being around 100x too slow (being generous here), with 510mb to little, and no 3D graphics accelerator, everything should go well. Providing that 700MB is loaded from CD totally error free.

Scratch that, not getting involved :)

Wow, is that a patched version? Maybe I am thinking of the older Falcon games, I thought 4.0 was released in the Win 95 days. Right, Falcon 3.0 then. Jag should be able to handle that. Edited by leech

I'm less interested in graphic frills than I am in solid gameplay. Graphical minimalism was actually a virtue in the first game, as action was frantic enough, and I think anything else would have created a visual distraction. Extra sound samples would be great, though, as would different airfields (like Hong Kong's old airport horror, or St. Maarten's beachside field) and weather conditions.

The higher resolution, even if the game was totally 2D, would still help tremendously for the actual gameplay, as on Atari it was very easy to misread the pixels on the super small font and mess the source/destination airport - hence game over.

But, I would totally buy it, day one, on jag.

Ha, you are 100% correct, I always thought they were both developed by SSI. I knew a dude who said trhey made terrible strategy games.. this was based on Warwind 2 which ran terribly on his computer...

Wow, is that a patched version? Maybe I am thinking of the older Falcon games, I thought 4.0 was released in the Win 95 days. Right, Falcon 3.0 then. Jag should be able to handle that.

Yes, you're thinking Falcon 3.0, which was released around the era of 386 DX40 Mhz - 486 DX 33 MHz, so that's right up the jag's HW alley.

Even youtube videos I just checked show framerate range around 5 fps (exactly like I remember it when I tried it myself - e.g. totally unplayable - though that was an absolutely common problem of the era (except for the silky smooth TFX)), so there shouldn't really be any problem for jag to handle that flatshading scene at 5 fps:

Still, considering how much of a niche, the flight simulators are, other than for collector's reasons, who on earth would want to play something like this on jag these days ?

• Like 1