IGNORED

New Year, New Jaguar Games

PikoInteractive

"People simply don't seem to understand that a healthy and thriving community has to be built brick by brick; it takes years and years, tons of work hours from very passionate individuals and it can still fail if people put too much negativity into it. "

Ironically, all that negativity seems to be one of the factors which scared off the guys behind the Atari Owl Project, which was a power-pushing 3D concept.

"Once the conflict grew... it seemed to me the behaviour of all sides was poor and i became increasingly irritated by the stirring and rampant sock puppetry that occurred. (Not just on one side) I 'liked' some comments in the middle of that irritation, which i know must have irritated people on all sides."

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/150109-atari-owl-project/page-5

Now, this wasn't the only factor; he also said lack of time has a lot to do with it, but it's still sad.

:(

What Atari Owl said is probably true about the negativity.

However it seems to me that he's one of those personalities and we get a lot of them coming through here who was looking for a reason to quit. As a moderator of the now gone Jaguar sector 2 forums I noticed when he came in there he would spend a lot of time in the flame War section. Reliving long dead flame wars like he was intentionally trying to create excuses to throw his hands up.

Also IMO for such a small crew his game visions may have been intentionally too ambitious. Another reason to throw in the towel perhaps(lack if time) if the first one doesn't work.

I think if he was serious about producing something he would have perhaps attempted something relatively simpler at first. Like a racing game which he loved racing he is actually a real life racer. His knowledge would have shown us a 3D Racing engine we probably haven't seen on the Jaguar yet.

Atari Owl is a good man and IMO an overly sensitive soul for a community like this.

Edited by JagChris
  • Like 3

Like a racing game which he loved racing he is actually a real life racer. His knowledge would have shown us a 3D Racing engine we probably haven't seen on the Jaguar yet.

However, you keep forgetting that unlike 3rd person RPG, where camera moves super slooooow (so even low framerate feels smooth), in a racing game you need a super high framerate to achieve true smoothness (more like 75-90 fps internal, so that when framerate drops, you still fall down only to the visible 60 fps). Much, much higher than what we've seen.

I'm pretty sure, if the 3D engine from Checkered Flag was used for such RPG, it would feel real nice and smooth, because of how slow the camera movement would be - meaning the objects on screen (after the 3D transformation) would move only few pixels, thus the smooth illusion would be created. Unfortunately it was used for a racing game...

• Like 2

Regardless, his 3D knowledge and achievements in the Jaguar have not been matched. I'm not comparing what may have been to anything else, except to the Jaguar.

We would have seen a racing engine unlike anything we've seen before on the Jaguar.

Edited by JagChris

Chris, can I ask you to continue this discussion about the racing engines in my road rash thread?

I am genuinely curious about what you consider 'unlike anything we have seen on jaguar ', as racing engine is what I am working on now. I presume it is the texturing you mean, but best discuss it in my thread.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Stuck on manufacturing =D

Hopefully we will be able to get the games ready by Oct.

In your original post you mentioned hopefully doing two groups of releases for a total of 4 Jaguar games in 2018. (This will lead to Jaguar released (hopefully!) to be done in pairs, so (hopefully) there will be 2 releases in 2018 of a total of 4 games.) With October being the new date for the games to be ready, will this release be for 2 games or 4 games? Either way I can't wait to see what is coming.

• 1 month later...

Hope this update finds everybody doing well!

New developments, Finally we got a mass produced sample! It surprised me yesterday on the mail! This PCB actually fits a lot better on the console (our past one fit a tiny bit tighter than normal and I didn't like it).

I know I said we weren't going to take preorder, but we just might this time. However, We have mostly everything done, Games are tested, Art remastered, as soon as we put together the packaging we'll open these for preorder to see about how many pieces we need to make. Should ship out within a month or so after preorder placed.

Also, for our international buyers, we got a deal with the USPS and we got a slight discount on international shipping. So now our rates are going to be a bit better (not a huge discount) but every bit helps.

Our Retail price per game will be $55 each title, but you will be able to buy both for $105 total + shipping.

And for the big reveal!

The firs title as you suspected is Impossamole!!!!

The Second title.... drum roll...... Head Over Heels by Ocean Software!

In other news, we've revamped our website, and should be posting news a lot more often. We will upload all the IPs we control, as well as access for people to reach out if they want to license one of our properties for any type of commercial project. We will add high quality scans for each IP (we will be buying physical copies for each of them slowly) as well as game profile info, gameplay video, and may be longplay/guide videos!

Thanks for your time!

• Like 10