IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2018 (Season 11)

VIC-20:

Cheese and Onion - 25 minutes

Pentagorat - 25 minutes

Spaceship Minus One - 25 minutes

Yeah, VIC-20 week I guess.

So this was cool, for christmas I gave one of my coworkers a VIC-20 I found for dirt cheap that I cleaned up and got working right, well I haven't even touched a VIC-20 since then but the other day he brought the thing in with a cartridge I've never heard of, the "Penultimate Plus", which is a 3-35K RAM expansion alongside having something like 70 games built into ROM with a pretty clean menu to get around it all.

Cheese and Onion was a neat little platformer with some nice graphics to it, I really had no clue what to even expect with a name like that but it was a lot of fun to mess around with for a while. Pentagorat looked like something off the ZX Spectrum, a little adventure game with what seemed like a bit of a horror theme to it - I've never seen graphics like that on the VIC-20, I'm used to blocky stuff that looks a bit "eh" at best, so this one was cool. Finally Spaceship Minus One was a flappy-bird type game where you just have one button and have to try and get as far as you can in a level without blowing the spaceship up by hitting too much stuff. There were a few more games but I put little-to-no time on most of them/was too busy thinking how neat the cartridge was so I don't have them in here, whoops.

Well, the Activision Patch Quest thread started up for this year so I guess I'll be breaking out the 2600 (or some emulators at the very least) and getting some of those patch requirements. I'm not sure if I'll be crazy enough again to try for gold on Decathlon but hey, maybe I'll ruin another joystick just to do it. I looked into the S-100 project a bit and wow, that's going to be a lot of work and a chunk of cash but it's neat what's going on with it all. I'm thinking that maybe next time they do a group buy of boards on their google group (I'm not paying $300+ for four or five PCBs when I can pay $60 and just wait a week extra) I'm going to at least buy the PCBs to make a backplane and basic Z80 system and then over the course of time populate it all - it would be cool to buy an old box but I really don't have the money to try and buy an old IMSAI or Cromemco box and expand the thing so DIY is the way for me. Finally, well I'm thinking of breaking out some handhelds again so maybe those will pop up if I have the time, maybe the Wonderswan will get some attention again.

• Like 5

There was only about half as much gaming time as usual logged in my household this week, due to the misses and I marathon watching the entirety of Ken Burns' 17 hour documentary on the Vietnam War together over the course of the week. Fortunately we were still able to make a little time for gaming here and there as well. :)

1vAHUFJ.jpg

Ineligible
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Nintendo Wii) - 194 minutes

Game Boy Color
Ms. Pac-Man: Special Color Edition - 40 minutes
Project S-11 - 69 minutes
Tomb Raider: Starring Lara Croft - 74 minutes
Woody Woodpecker (Emulated on Nintendo Wii) - 137 minutes

PlayStation
Parasite Eve - 104 minutes
Rayman - 55 minutes

Sega Master System
OutRun - 20 minutes

Total Video Game Play Time This Week
693 minutes (11 hours 33 minutes) [499 minutes eligible]

Individual System Play Times This Week
Game Boy Color: 320 minutes
Nintendo Wii: 194 minutes
PlayStation: 159 minutes
Sega Master System: 20 minutes

When it came to gaming I spent the majority of the week playing a few different Game Boy Color games for the Nintendo Age forum effort to beat as many Game Boy Color games as possible in 2018, the tracker for which I've been running the past couple years. This week I did Ms. Pac-Man, Woody Woodpecker, and Project S-11; then started in on Tomb Raider towards the end of the week. I also finished up Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on the Wii this week, and you can find my short review of that game along with the GBC games I beat this week here in the Games Beaten in 2018 thread. The only other gaming I did this past week was just 20 minutes of OutRun on the Master System, which just frustrates the heck out of me with it's difficulty level so I didn't spend much time on it.

As far as the misses' gaming time this past week goes she didn't really play anything until she got a copy of Rayman for the PlayStation on the mail on Friday. She had a lot of fun with it for the first few levels, up until the difficulty level spiked through the roof and the game stopped being fun for her. She does enjoy some really difficult games sometimes, so for her the fact that it was a tough game wasn't the problem, the problem was that it was a crazy tough game that demands lots of trial and error while only giving you a limited number of continues.

I recall her saying something along the lines of "This is just bad game design. If a game is going to require this much trial and error you should have unlimited continues to figure it out with, and if the game is going to give you a limited number of continues then the game shouldn't require this much trial and error. Did they even play test this?" So Rayman went back on the shelf and the spousal unit went back to her second attempt at beating Parasite Eve, which took up the rest of her gaming time for the past week. She's just lucky she only spent $10 on the PlayStation version of Rayman and not $225 for the identical Atari Jaguar version. :lol:

Well, I think that pretty much covers everything for this week! I'm guessing we'll both be logging a fair bit more gaming time next week, but we'll see how it goes. Until next time, best wishes and happy gaming to you and yours! :)

• Like 6

Atari 2600

Kaboom! - 275 minutes

River Raid - 98 minutes

Hunchy 2 - 42 minutes

Kaboom! : 110,769

Hunchy 2 : Played through all 14 levels twice and then made it to level 13. Final score was 4850.

River Raid : Made a breakthrough last night. I decided to take a short rest but fell asleep and didn't wake up until 12:30 AM. So no score for the HSC. This will

probably knock me out of the medal brackets for good.

• Like 6

We may go to blows... :)

I grew up idolizing Agassi. :D

Oh, I love Agassi! :) Vastly prefer him to Connors, actually, or to just about any American men's player. I'm just quoting the famous line someone shouted from the crowd during the Agassi-Connors match in 1988: "He's a punk—you're a legend!"

(Connors does have the better line of tennis video games, though -- a couple of his are decent, while all of Agassi's I've played are terrible...)

• Like 3

I don't recall that particular person from the crowd. :)

Anyway, good... Agassi was the whole reason I played tennis in my youth. Always wanted to be able to strike a ball from behind the line and paint the corners with it. I got pretty good, but just against my dad. :) I never played organized tennis.

But those marathon sets and matches with my dad in the South Carolina sun on that crappy cement tennis court were the stuff of legends.

• Like 3

Speaking of Agassi.... one of the most memorable sporting events I ever watched was the '99 French Open where Agassi was down two sets to none (and it wasn't even THAT close)... Agassi had never won the French Open-- He was up against Andre Medvedev and it looked like he was going to lose in his 3rd French Open finals...

Some how, some way--something clicked in his head, and he put on one of the finest 3 sets of Tennis I've ever seen. That day--when he completed the career Grand Slam, I knew that no Tennis player would ever take his place in my mind as the best tennis player ever. He didn't beat Sampras much, and he lost to Federer in the '05 US Open... but to me, watching the guy play... I knew he was the finest striker and returner the game would ever see. He never had the huge serve like Federer, but he could return a ball served at 130 MPH and it would be returned harder than it was served... He left people's knees wobbling as he would snipe them from 10 feet behind the baseline.

Loved watching him play... One of a kind.

• Like 3

^There's a great story in his autobiography (Open) about that Medvedev match. IIRC Medvedev's career had been in a tailspin and he asked Agassi for advice, which Andre helpfully gave...and found himself on the receiving end of it!

I've always liked Agassi ever since he won Wimbledon in 1992. There's a basic humanity to him, a kind of openness and straightforward sincerity that's rare among people in general, let alone athletes in the spotlight. I remember watching a match in 1996 (I think) and even though I hardly knew anything about tennis at that point, it was so clear from the look in his eyes that he was adrift. Then, when he came back and reached #1 again, it was all the sweeter -- and his retirement speech at the US Open was one of the most moving things I've ever seen in sports.

He was an unbelievable talent with unreal hand-eye coordination -- a Taylor Dent serve that once held the record for the fastest ever was returned by Agassi for a clean winner! -- and a really hard worker who overcame some serious physical limitations to do what he did. He hardly had the ideal tennis physique, and had terrible back problems to boot. And yet, he was one of the all-time greats.

• Like 3

I'll have to read that book. Thanks for the reference. :)

He always struck me as the gritty self-made type, where Sampras always seemed like the country club player... I don't know much about their backgrounds, but that's how it always seemed on the court.

• Like 3

As far as the misses' gaming time this past week goes she didn't really play anything until she got a copy of Rayman for the PlayStation on the mail on Friday. She had a lot of fun with it for the first few levels, up until the difficulty level spiked through the roof and the game stopped being fun for her. She does enjoy some really difficult games sometimes, so for her the fact that it was a tough game wasn't the problem, the problem was that it was a crazy tough game that demands lots of trial and error while only giving you a limited number of continues.

I recall her saying something along the lines of "This is just bad game design. If a game is going to require this much trial and error you should have unlimited continues to figure it out with, and if the game is going to give you a limited number of continues then the game shouldn't require this much trial and error. Did they even play test this?" So Rayman went back on the shelf and the spousal unit went back to her second attempt at beating Parasite Eve, which took up the rest of her gaming time for the past week. She's just lucky she only spent $10 on the PlayStation version of Rayman and not $225 for the identical Atari Jaguar version. :lol:

I have started and quit that game multiple times for the same reason. It isn't that it is a bad game. It's just so rage-quit inducingly hard. I don't understand how the franchise survived to have a sequel. However - I love almost everything that came after it. Overall it is one of my favorite franchises and certainly near the top for 3d platformers.

• Like 4

Speaking about tennis players with their own video games, I thought there was at least one Pong video game featuring Björn Borg, but the only one I found after a quick search is this one by Tomy/Paltoy. I don't own it, but the question is if it would qualify for this tracker.

18643663-253-640x480.jpg

http://www.electronicplastic.com/game/?company=&id=519

On the other hand, it seems our other sports giant at the time, Ingemar Stenmark was only awarded with board games. Perhaps video and computer games were so new back then that nobody saw the marketing potential trying to sell them with famous names.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 7

Weekend Times (Sat-Sun)

N64:

Knockout Kings 2000 (120 minutes)
Pokemon Snap (20 minutes)

Nintendo:

Duck Hunt (30 minutes)
Hogan's Alley (60 minutes)
Super Mario Bros 2 (90 minutes)

TI-99/4A:

Alpiner (150 minutes)
NeverLander (30 minutes)
Popeye (20 minutes)

Still playing Knockout Kings quite a bit. I don't have the memory pack for my controller, so I have basically been playing Slugfest mode or doing a one-shot Career mode (usually with a character I create named "Cage" that I can't save... so I have to create him each time I play)

My son has been playing Hogan's Alley quite a bit and my daughters have been enjoying Duck Hunt.

I'm still trying for the Alpiner Record, but I always fail within 1,000 feet or so from Everest's summit. I can almost speed-run through McKinley, but Garmo is a crapshoot on the randomizer and Everest is insane because the falling rocks come so fast, you can't adjust for them. If they decide to fall in your area when you are climbing upward, you're toast. I'll get there... I've recently upgraded to a Slik Stik from my Wico Bat. The shorter throw stick helps quite a bit when you're trying to make split-second decisions. On Everest though, it doesn't really seem to matter. You have to be lucky... really lucky to summit Everest.

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 7

I have started and quit that game multiple times for the same reason. It isn't that it is a bad game. It's just so rage-quit inducingly hard. I don't understand how the franchise survived to have a sequel. However - I love almost everything that came after it. Overall it is one of my favorite franchises and certainly near the top for 3d platformers.

Weirdly the only Rayman game I've ever played was Raving Rabbids on the Wii, but I've always meant to go back and play some of the earlier ones. When the misses picked up a copy of the original Rayman for the PlayStation she got it as a set with Rayman 2 and just started Rayman 2 earlier tonight. I watched her play for a bit and was surprised that it was a totally different style of game, a 3D platformer instead of a 2D one like the original. She's enjoying it a lot more though and says the difficulty is way more reasonable. Maybe I'll have to go back and try the original at some point now that she's shelved it in favor of the sequel. :)

• Like 4

Here's the summary for Week 26, running from June 25 - July 1. We logged 3967 minutes of eligible play, playing 69 games on a total of 19 systems.

Top 10:

1. Tetris (NES/Famicom) - 360

2. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 275

3. Alpiner (TI-99/4A) - 270

4. Knockout Kings 2000 (N64) - 240

5. River Raid (Atari 2600) - 217

6. Popeye (TI-99/4A) - 140

7. Woody Woodpecker (Game Boy Color) - 137

8. Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES/Famicom) - 135

9. Pole Position (Atari 5200) - 132

10. Baby Pac-Man [homebrew] (Atari 7800) - 105

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 275

2. Alpiner (TI-99/4A) - 270

3. River Raid (Atari 2600) - 217

4. Popeye (TI-99/4A) - 140

5. Pole Position (Atari 5200) - 132

6. Baby Pac-Man [homebrew] (Atari 7800) - 105

7. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 93

8. David's Midnight Magic (C64) - 83

9. Moonwalker (C64) - 52

10. Space Invaders Invasion [Megamania hack] (Atari 2600) - 50

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (849)

2. NES/Famicom (675)

3. TI-99/4A (440)

4. Game Boy Color (320)

5. N64 (260)

6. Sega Master System (243)

7. C64 (175)

8. PlayStation (159)

9. Atari 5200 (132)

10. Philips CD-i (130)

Another week at the top for the Atari 2600, led by Kaboom on the pre-NES charts, but it's Tetris on the NES that puts the pieces together to take the #1 spot overall.

Meanwhile our #3 game, Alpiner, climbs into the 1000-minute club, with 1009 minutes logged to date giving it summit spot #332.

Mid-year stats coming soon!

• Like 7

And now it's time for:

2018 Mid-Year Stats

So far in 2018 we've played:

- 1078 games

- 69 systems

- 115,238 minutes, or just over 80 days

Compared to 2017, that's a drop in gameplay time of about a third, with just under 200 fewer games played as well. Meanwhile, the number of different systems represented (69) is one less than last year.

In any event, here are the top 100 games of 2018 so far, with all times in minutes: and guess who got its crown back?

Not only that, but the top 3 games are all Atari 2600 titles -- proving once again that the pre-NES platforms are more than capable of holding their own alongside 16- and 32-bit systems.

Games:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 6470

2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 3937

3. Missile Command (Atari 2600) - 2634

4. Dragon Warrior II (NES/Famicom) - 2161

5. Army Men 3D (PlayStation) - 2003

6. Werewolves & Wanderers (TI-99/4A) - 1935

7. Tunnels of Doom [Quest of the King] (TI-99/4A) - 1770

8. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES/Famicom) - 1513

9. Hunchy II (Atari 2600) - 1433

10. Mine Storm (Vectrex) - 1365

11. Parasite Eve (PlayStation) - 1264

12. Super Breakout (Atari 2600) - 1167

13. Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean (Sega Saturn) - 1065

14. Virtual Hydlide (Sega Saturn) - 1043

15. Doom (PlayStation) - 907

16. Dragon Warrior IV (NES/Famicom) - 892

17. Zak McCracken & the Alien Mindbenders (FM Towns) - 881

18. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Game Boy) - 792

19. Ecco the Dolphin (Sega CD) - 791

20. Enduro (Atari 2600) - 774

21. Battlezone (Atari 2600) - 751

22. Beamrider (Atari 2600) - 728

23. Ecco: Tides of Time (Sega CD) - 721

24. Battletech (Genesis) - 719

25. Shaq Fu (Genesis) - 701

26. Knockout Kings 2000 (N64) - 690

26. HeroX (TI-99/4A) - 690

28. Faxanadu (NES/Famicom) - 685

29. Bigfoot (TI-99/4A) - 680

30. Davis Cup World Tour Tennis (Genesis) - 632

31. Sonic CD (Sega CD) - 630

32. Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Genesis) - 622

33. Toyshop Trouble (Atari 2600) - 620

34. River Raid (Atari 2600) - 619

35. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 582

36. Dragster (Atari 2600) - 578

37. Markus of Marinus (TI-99/4A) - 575

38. Asteroids (Atari 2600) - 570

39. Chrono Trigger (SNES) - 540

40. Alcazar - The Forgotten Fortress (ColecoVision) - 539

41. Olympic Skier (Atari 8-bit) - 524

42. Tower Toppler (Atari 7800) - 521

43. Legends (TI-99/4A) - 520

44. Laser Blast (Atari 2600) - 490

45. Tetris (NES/Famicom) - 479

46. TI Trek (TI-99/4A) - 475

47. Paperboy (Genesis) - 466

48. Bally Pin (Bally Astrocade) - 460

49. Q*Bert's Qubes (Arcade) - 456

50. Alpiner (TI-99/4A) - 445

51. Break Point Tennis [aka Break Point] (Sega Saturn) - 427

52. River Raid II (Atari 2600) - 426

53. Space Pilot II (C64) - 416

54. Desert Falcon (Atari 7800) - 415

55. Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis) - 414

56. Werewolves & Wanderers (BBS Door Games) - 410

57. Qix (Atari 8-bit) - 408

58. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis) - 401

59. Squish 'em (Atari 2600) - 379

60. Tails Adventure (Game Gear) - 374

61. Dark Cavern (Atari 2600) - 368

62. HardBall III (Genesis) - 366

63. Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 360

63. Story Machine (TI-99/4A) - 360

65. Worm War I (Atari 2600) - 354

66. Berzerk (Atari 2600) - 351

67. Jet Set Willy (TI-99/4A) - 350

68. Silent Hunter (PC (DOS)) - 341

69. Burgertime (Atari 2600) - 340

69. Virtua Racing Deluxe (Sega 32X) - 340

71. Death Trap (Atari 2600) - 338

72. Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II (NES/Famicom) - 337

73. Ballz 3D (Genesis) - 333

74. Gorf (Atari 5200) - 329

75. Sonic Triple Trouble (Game Gear) - 325

75. Stonix (Intellivision) - 325

77. Seawolf (Atari 2600) - 323

78. Popeye (TI-99/4A) - 320

79. Survival Run (Atari 2600) - 315

79. Wizard's Doom (TI-99/4A) - 315

81. Historyline 1914-1918 (PC (DOS)) - 310

82. Pac-Man (Atari 8-bit) - 306

83. Frostbite (Atari 2600) - 305

84. Deep Fear (Sega Saturn) - 300

85. Godzilla (NES/Famicom) - 299

86. Alien 3 (Game Boy) - 297

87. Soreyuke! Amida-Kun! (Game Boy) - 296

88. Sonic Spinball (Genesis) - 295

89. Galaxian (Atari 2600) - 294

90. Lemmings (Mac OS Classic) - 290

90. Chack'n Pop (NES/Famicom) - 290

92. Wizard of Wor (Atari 2600) - 288

92. Army Men: Air Combat (N64) - 288

94. Dragon's Fury (Genesis) - 281

95. Raft Rider (Atari 2600) - 279

96. Pole Position (Atari 5200) - 277

97. Doom (Sega 32X) - 276

98. Actual Reality (TRS-80 Model I/III) - 275

99. Eggomania (Atari 2600) - 272

100. Machaon (VG 5000) - 271

And here are the top 100 games on pre-NES platforms for the first half of 2018:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 6470

2. Solar Fox (Atari 2600) - 3937

3. Missile Command (Atari 2600) - 2634

4. Werewolves & Wanderers (TI-99/4A) - 1935

5. Tunnels of Doom [Quest of the King] (TI-99/4A) - 1770

6. Hunchy II (Atari 2600) - 1433

7. Mine Storm (Vectrex) - 1365

8. Super Breakout (Atari 2600) - 1167

9. Enduro (Atari 2600) - 774

10. Battlezone (Atari 2600) - 751

11. Beamrider (Atari 2600) - 728

12. HeroX (TI-99/4A) - 690

13. Bigfoot (TI-99/4A) - 680

14. Toyshop Trouble (Atari 2600) - 620

15. River Raid (Atari 2600) - 619

16. Pac-Man Collection (Atari 7800) - 582

17. Dragster (Atari 2600) - 578

18. Markus of Marinus (TI-99/4A) - 575

19. Asteroids (Atari 2600) - 570

20. Alcazar - The Forgotten Fortress (ColecoVision) - 539

21. Olympic Skier (Atari 8-bit) - 524

22. Tower Toppler (Atari 7800) - 521

23. Legends (TI-99/4A) - 520

24. Laser Blast (Atari 2600) - 490

25. TI Trek (TI-99/4A) - 475

26. Bally Pin (Bally Astrocade) - 460

27. Q*Bert's Qubes (Arcade) - 456

28. Alpiner (TI-99/4A) - 445

29. River Raid II (Atari 2600) - 426

30. Space Pilot II (C64) - 416

31. Desert Falcon (Atari 7800) - 415

32. Qix (Atari 8-bit) - 408

33. Squish 'em (Atari 2600) - 379

34. Dark Cavern (Atari 2600) - 368

35. Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 360

35. Story Machine (TI-99/4A) - 360

37. Worm War I (Atari 2600) - 354

38. Berzerk (Atari 2600) - 351

39. Jet Set Willy (TI-99/4A) - 350

40. Burgertime (Atari 2600) - 340

41. Death Trap (Atari 2600) - 338

42. Gorf (Atari 5200) - 329

43. Stonix (Intellivision) - 325

44. Seawolf (Atari 2600) - 323

45. Popeye (TI-99/4A) - 320

46. Survival Run (Atari 2600) - 315

46. Wizard's Doom (TI-99/4A) - 315

48. Pac-Man (Atari 8-bit) - 306

49. Frostbite (Atari 2600) - 305

50. Galaxian (Atari 2600) - 294

51. Wizard of Wor (Atari 2600) - 288

52. Raft Rider (Atari 2600) - 279

53. Pole Position (Atari 5200) - 277

54. Actual Reality (TRS-80 Model I/III) - 275

55. Eggomania (Atari 2600) - 272

56. Machaon (VG 5000) - 271

57. LadyBug (Atari 2600) - 270

58. Commando Raid (Atari 2600) - 268

59. Tron: Maze-A-Tron (Intellivision) - 267

60. R2D Tank (Emerson Arcadia 2001) - 265

61. 2010: The Graphic Action Game (ColecoVision) - 264

62. Rabbit Transit (Atari 2600) - 259

63. Wheel of Fortune (C64) - 258

64. Spike (Vectrex) - 255

65. Baby Pac-Man [homebrew] (Atari 7800) - 254

66. Deceptor (C64) - 250

67. Super Pac-Man (Atari 7800) - 248

68. Star Trek S.O.S. (TI-99/4A) - 245

68. Submarine Warfare (TRS-80 Model I/III) - 245

70. Shark Attack (Atari 2600) - 240

70. Aperture (TI-99/4A) - 240

72. Skiing (Atari 2600) - 239

73. Space Jockey (Atari 2600) - 224

73. WarGames (ColecoVision) - 224

75. Super Cobra Arcade (Atari 2600) - 213

76. Flying Shark (TI-99/4A) - 210

77. Campaign '84 (ColecoVision) - 207

78. Pac-Man (Atari 2600) - 205

79. Auto Racing (Intellivision) - 204

80. Ultima IV: Quest for the Avatar (Apple II) - 200

80. Failsafe (Atari 7800) - 200

80. Moon Patrol (TI-99/4A) - 200

83. Spacechase (Atari 2600) - 199

83. Q*bert's Qubes (C64) - 199

85. Turmoil (Atari 2600) - 195

86. Donkey Kong (Atari 2600) - 190

86. Fork (TI-99/4A) - 190

88. Sky Jinks (Atari 2600) - 185

89. Megamania (Atari 2600) - 183

90. Othello (Atari 2600) - 182

91. Defender (Atari 8-bit) - 181

92. Stampede (Atari 2600) - 180

92. Old Dark Caves (TI-99/4A) - 180

94. King Kong (Atari 2600) - 179

95. Centipede (Atari 2600) - 170

95. GORF (Atari 2600) - 170

97. Pad [NRV] (Atari 8-bit) - 165

98. Breakout (Atari 2600) - 158

99. Taz (Atari 2600) - 157

100. Oink! (Atari 2600) - 155

100. Henhouse (TI-99/4A) - 155

100. Jungle Hunt (TI-99/4A) - 155

And finally, here are the total gameplay minutes for all the systems we've played so far this year, yielding a big win for the VCS:

1. Atari 2600 (33667)

2. TI-99/4A (12716)

3. NES/Famicom (10768)

4. Genesis (8613)

5. PlayStation (5040)

6. Atari 8-bit (3810)

7. Sega Saturn (3233)

8. Atari 7800 (3162)

9. Sega CD (2908)

10. C64 (2555)

11. Game Boy (2309)

12. ColecoVision (2151)

13. Vectrex (1745)

14. N64 (1637)

15. SNES (1455)

16. Sega 32X (1369)

17. Intellivision (1365)

18. Sega Master System (1350)

19. Atari 5200 (1215)

20. Emerson Arcadia 2001 (1202)

21. Arcade (1191)

22. Mac OS Classic (967)

23. Game Gear (936)

24. PC (DOS) (921)

25. FM Towns (881)

26. TRS-80 Model I/III (825)

27. Bally Astrocade (754)

28. Game Boy Color (611)

29. Odyssey^2 (521)

30. BBS Door Games (495)

31. TG-16/PC Engine (483)

32. VG 5000 (429)

33. MSX (335)

34. Dreamcast (329)

35. CoCo 3 (305)

36. CoCo 1 & 2 (295)

37. Neo Geo AES/MVS (278)

38. Neo Geo Pocket Color (265)

38. VIC-20 (265)

40. Apple II (262)

41. Amiga (243)

42. Cougar Boy/Mega Duck (240)

43. Watara SuperVision (205)

44. Atari Lynx (139)

45. Philips CD-i (130)

46. Sinclair ZX Spectrum (76)

47. Cromemco Dazzler (70)

48. Acorn Electron (67)

49. BBC Micro (65)

50. Game.com (45)

51. Sharp X68000 (43)

52. Interton VC-4000 (42)

53. Atari Jaguar (35)

54. CBM-II (34)

55. MSX2 (31)

56. CP/M (23)

57. Creativision (22)

57. Fairchild Channel F (22)

59. Atari Video Pinball (15)

59. Commodore PET (15)

61. Sord M5 (14)

62. Commodore 16 & Plus/4 (11)

63. Handheld/Tabletop (8)

64. Amstrad CPC (7)

64. Microbee 32 (7)

66. Tandy MC-10 (4)

67. Pong (3)

68. ABC-80 (2)

68. Atari ST (2)

• Like 8

And finally, here are the total gameplay minutes for all the systems we've played so far this year, yielding a big win for the VCS:

3. NES/Famicom (10733)
[...]
53. NES (35)

Am I missing something, or are those 35 rogue minutes for the NES?

• Like 3

I think all those Albert Odyssey minutes are mine... still need to finish that game. I'm close to the end, just need to get it done...

Also, I noticed that too, Opry99er. Figured the Jag would have more than 35 minutes... maybe I'll play some Raiden or something later to boost those numbers up to at least an hour. lol

• Like 2

Am I missing something, or are those 35 rogue minutes for the NES?

Ooh, quite right -- fixed. Those minutes came from a batch of games that were on a pirate-y multi-game system, and somehow lost the "Famicom" half of the label when they were entered into the system (probably because I was initially unsure about their categorization).

• Like 3

Atari 2600 at the top, Atari ST at the bottom. Of course a number of really obscure systems haven't been played at all this year, but despite being a Commodore/Amiga guy at heart, I must admit the ST deserves a little more love than it gets.

• Like 2

I have my eye on a Vectrex and a Virtual Boy at a local shop..... If I could just come off the dough, I'd be pounding some Wario Land into the tracker. For those of you who haven't had the experience, Wario Land on the Virtual Boy is a truly good game, and when played on the real console, it is quite a unique experience.

• Like 2