IGNORED

New house, new beginnings

Opry99er

So, the never-ending adventure that is my life continues with yet another move. This time we bought a house in a small town northwest of Milwaukee. This will HOPEFULLY be one of the last moves we ever have to make... I've said that many times before, but this time I have a good feeling. I bought a house in Hustisford, WI... a strange little town on a lake. We bought a lake-front property that is 120 years old and has some amazing character... including a neat little separated cottage that is sovreign.

I've been absent again for a bit due to the new house, re-locating, getting acclimated at the job, etc. I appreciate whoever has updated the High Score Competition thread for January. Greg asked me to do that a month ago, but things have been quite crazy, as you can imagine. Glad everyone is doing well--and I hope to be able to spend some more time around here going forward.

Here are some pictures of our house.

oIRNlwv.jpg

ZVMRZiP.jpg

m8svFPZ.jpg

kvf9P6k.jpg

gj6u2ku.jpg

MTehKg8.jpg

blhN2OI.jpg

qUqily7.jpg

• Like 12

Thanks for the well wishes, guys. The temps are in F, (Ill be ice fishing in Green Bay this coming weekend). :)

We got a steal on this house.... truly cleaned up. Took a few months of searching to find just the right house, but we found it. We are on a 2000+ acre lake in a really neat part of Wisconsin. It is quiet and peaceful here. I have quite a commute to get in to work every day, but it is worth the drive to live out here.

Hope to get my TI set back up again soon. For now, Classic99 never fails. :)

• Like 1

Thanks Richard!! Unfortunately we have VOIP here at the new house, so once we get set up, there is still no guarantee we will be able to dial in.

Fingers crossed. :)

Actually, this will be a very interesting test as the Hidden Reef has been converted from the old AT&T copper line to a fiber line. AT&T will no longer support copper after 2/2018 and will only support fiber lines. So far, it has worked out well. Callers are still able to connect with their old 8 bit machines at 110 and 300 baud. VOIP may actually work. :)

Digital is supposed to convert modem and fax tones to allow better relay, but home VOIP doesn't always do that. Even so, even crappy VOIP /should/ be able to manage 300 bps if you really want to try that slow, since it's designed to work entirely within the voice band, with poor quality pickups. ;)

• Like 1