IGNORED

Happy New Year... XM shipping this month

Curt Vendel

Be ready for the potential that some of those remaining people may have actually died over the last 10 years. On average we are not exactly a young crowd. It might sound morbid but it's true.

On top of that, several people may have left AA all together and can't even read this thread. Also a possibility, that some were banned.

Shit, I almost died.

On top of that, several people may have left AA all together and can't even read this thread. Also a possibility, that some were banned.

Anyone can read the thread, even guests who don't have accounts. As well as people who are banned (obviously they cannot use the banned account to do so).

..Al

Anyone can read the thread, even guests who don't have accounts. As well as people who are banned (obviously they cannot use the banned account to do so).

..Al

People went on with their life, don't care about Atari anymore, no longer have equipment and are no longer interested in reading AA. That is what I meant.

• Like 4

I know of one member that probably pre ordered this and has passed away. I can pm Curt with his name.

If you are talking about Pure Energy, I've already let Curt know about this. PE was a personal friend of mine and many others involved with the OVGE. I've reached out to his next of kin to notify them and see what they want done with PE's pre-paid order. I made the suggestion of providing his to a charity auction, but his next of kin didn't seem to be too onboard with that. Then again, they have not contacted me with a decision on what they want to do with his pre-order either.

If you are talking about Pure Energy, I've already let Curt know about this. PE was a personal friend of mine and many others involved with the OVGE. I've reached out to his next of kin to notify them and see what they want done with PE's pre-paid order. I made the suggestion of providing his to a charity auction, but his next of kin didn't seem to be too onboard with that. Then again, they have not contacted me with a decision on what they want to do with his pre-order either.

Yes I was talking about Brad . I thought maybe he had a nephew that kept his gaming items ? If so I would hope they could receive his xm .

• Like 1

Yes I was talking about Brad . I thought maybe he had a nephew that kept his gaming items ? If so I would hope they could receive his xm .

I have been in touch with Brad's sister and she said she would ask her son (Brad's nephew) about it to see if he wanted it. I haven't heard anything else from her since and that was at least a week ago now.

I almost counted the XM as a lost where as I sold all my 7800 stuff a couple of years ago... But I'm finally glad its coming out; I just have a get game console off ebay and strike the collection back up again. Also I've been meaning to Dev on the 7800 for some time now thus the XM is a nice incentive for me to get back on board with that sort of thing especially with the added memory and two sound processors. Don't exactly know how far I get with it, but if I good a strong foot hold on this programming thing, I'll take things to the moon God willing.

• Like 3

I do have one question... Will there be any technical documentation, schematics, programmers references and things of that nature for the XM?

Hi,

Absolutely, we have a full set of technical docs on the registers and some coding examples so we'll make sure that the coders have what is needed to be able to enable functions to enhance their games.

• Like 5

If I ever meet you at a retro expo, Curt, I do want to shake your hand in thanks for persevering through all this. You're a hell of a physically-resilient guy, and the fact you stuck through all of that to finish this project, that's some outright HARDCORE dedication sir. I tip my 35th Anniversary EPCOT Center cap to ya.

• Like 18

• 2 weeks later...

Any news? It's been another couple weeks since any activity in this thread. Hoping to hear good things.

Oh, thank goodness... I thought there was a forum glitch and posts weren't working or something.

Ditto on the request for an update. I recently moved for the first time in many years, and updated my pre-order info on the official page.

It's so exciting to see this project finally coming so close to completion!

And while I don't understand some of the more technical stuff, thank you to everyone for keeping the communication going strong throughout this very long process --- it's truly a testament to the commitment and resiliency of the community.

• Like 1

Any news? It's been another couple weeks since any activity in this thread. Hoping to hear good things.

My ears were ringing...

Actually I came on to post a quick update. I'm now getting output from the Yamaha 3012 Ch1 and Ch2 lines, its getting lost in the OpAmp, so I'm trying to find why its not coming through the speakers. On a positive note regarding the OpAmp, all of the POKEY from Cart and OnBoard POKEY audio is cleaned up very nicely and sounding quite smooth, so now that is all completed.

One of the RAM mapper test games which wasn't working is now working very nicely and its a fun game to play too, it'll be hidden in the XM along with another game which is similar to Vanguard in a way, with colors, graphics and audio that push the XM fully and its a damned hard game but fun...

Lemme find where the Yammy audio is being lost so I can post another update, maybe by Sunday, I am hopeful.

• Like 9

My ears were ringing...

Actually I came on to post a quick update. I'm now getting output from the Yamaha 3012 Ch1 and Ch2 lines, its getting lost in the OpAmp, so I'm trying to find why its not coming through the speakers. On a positive note regarding the OpAmp, all of the POKEY from Cart and OnBoard POKEY audio is cleaned up very nicely and sounding quite smooth, so now that is all completed.

One of the RAM mapper test games which wasn't working is now working very nicely and its a fun game to play too, it'll be hidden in the XM along with another game which is similar to Vanguard in a way, with colors, graphics and audio that push the XM fully and its a damned hard game but fun...

Lemme find where the Yammy audio is being lost so I can post another update, maybe by Sunday, I am hopeful.

Thanks for the update. Worst case? Toss the Yamaha :P

• Like 1

I'm now getting output from the Yamaha 3012 Ch1 and Ch2 lines, its getting lost in the OpAmp, so I'm trying to find why its not coming through the speakers. On a positive note regarding the OpAmp, all of the POKEY from Cart and OnBoard POKEY audio is cleaned up very nicely and sounding quite smooth, so now that is all completed.

Curt if you don't mind can you post the schematic for the audio section? I might be able to help with some remote troubleshooting :) .

• Like 1

I'm in a similar boat as some others with no email confirm. The one I had at the time is long gone. I do remember exchanging some emails with Curt about 4-5 years ago verifying my order, but that email is also gone. I've moved, but know what the address would have been and probably the email address, so hopefully that will suffice.

I remember your order, so I definitely will be sending you one, no worries. Just so long as the form was filled out with your latest info so I'll know where its gotta go.

• Like 1