IGNORED

Happy New Year... XM shipping this month

Curt Vendel

So Yamaha is fully working, its just an issue with the amplifier circuit. Michael St Pierre assisted with reviewing the circuits and I have full faith in his opinions because he did extensive audio/video work when he sold his Studio II enhancements for the 8bits. So listen very carefully and you can hear the Yamaha working.

6E8DB79C-FD69-44B5-93BB-33786700468E.MOV

• Like 5

Perry... time to test your Yamaha enable arcade game, let’s blow some minds! :-D

The Yamaha sounds fantastic! I really hate to burst your bubble, but I haven't worked on Dig Dug yet. Sorry. :( I decided to work on D2K Jumpman Returns, which will be able to take advantage of the extra RAM and POKEY on the XM. And I haven't progressed on that since moving to a new(old) house last July. I've been swamped with house projects. What I do have for Yamaha is some simple Pac-man sound tests I did a while back. I'll send those to you so you can check them out and post if you want. Great job on getting the circuit working!

• Like 6

Perry... time to test your Yamaha enable arcade game, let’s blow some minds! :-D

The Yamaha sounds fantastic! I really hate to burst your bubble, but I haven't worked on Dig Dug yet. Sorry. :( I decided to work on D2K Jumpman Returns, which will be able to take advantage of the extra RAM and POKEY on the XM. And I haven't progressed on that since moving to a new(old) house last July. I've been swamped with house projects. What I do have for Yamaha is some simple Pac-man sound tests I did a while back. I'll send those to you so you can check them out and post if you want. Great job on getting the circuit working!

Curt please don't wait on any outside software that isn't programmed or ready in regards to releasing the XM.

If it's ready to ship I'm ready to finally have it in my hands after all these years :) The software support will come at it's own pace.

• Like 1

Curt please don't wait on any outside software that isn't programmed or ready in regards to releasing the XM.

If it's ready to ship I'm ready to finally have it in my hands after all these years :) The software support will come at it's own pace.

No, I don't intend to. Software will come as it comes. Just the first units to ship out are going to the Dev's, they should be the first ones to get it, without their passion and love for coding on the console, their wouldn't be any software to use all of its features. Then everyone else gets theirs from the pre-orders. Once those are done, then I will start preparing new batches for everyone else. The hardware being readied and shipping is whats my focus is on.

• Like 5

Here's my thoughts on Dig Dug. I will do the sound coding for the Yamaha and implement with the original Atari source code that I already have. This won't be too much work so shouldn't take too long. Then publicly release it so there will be an enhanced sound version available. If people want to get custom carts made thru Atariage, or if they are lucky enough to own a flash cart, they are welcome to do that. Then I will get to work on a full update of game play and graphics, to be officially released on cart.

• Like 11

Here's my thoughts on Dig Dug. I will do the sound coding for the Yamaha and implement with the original Atari source code that I already have. This won't be too much work so shouldn't take too long. Then publicly release it so there will be an enhanced sound version available. If people want to get custom carts made thru Atariage, or if they are lucky enough to own a flash cart, they are welcome to do that. Then I will get to work on a full update of game play and graphics, to be officially released on cart.

I love you! did I say that out loud?? :-)

• Like 2

So has Donkey Kong XM been verified to work on this thing? I have the cart that doesn't have the pokey inside, it requires the xm.

I sent Curt both DK XM and Beefdrop to test with. Both work perfectly with the XM POKEY. I'm very happy that people will finally be able to use their DK XM carts to their full potential, including high score save. :)

• Like 8

Just need to sort out the amplifier on the Yamaha, but yes now with the Yamaha verified working, it and the audio summation are the final pieces.

So now its a matter of finishing the changes to the amp. Going through the cuts & straps made to the pcb, applying them into the cad file and running a small run of boards to build and send to Devs and beta testers.

Meanwhile Mark will make the user version of the XM Bios and if there are no further issues found the the full board run can be made and about 10 or so XMs can ship each week till the preorders are done, maybe more, Im going to looking to have a pcb fab do parts placements as that will speed things up and maybe I could get 30 out a week.

• Like 16

90 boards? Yeah, I'd use a fabricator.

More like 190 boards. Most fab houses will put all the TTL logic and other population like resistors, capacitors and other like components on for a song. It's not even worth putting them on yourself for the price you can get a machine to do it for you.

I don't even think the YM is really necessary for this title, but obviously more options is always a good thing. I think an A8/5200 POKEY audio option would rock... then again, that goes for all of the 7800 titles that were available on the A8/5200/XEGS....