IGNORED

Happy New Year... XM shipping this month

Curt Vendel

On 9/8/2019 at 11:53 PM, CPUWIZ said:

Look, I want to be clear about something, Curt was asked months before Drac passed away, to get him a beta unit, so he could play DKXM.  He should know better, with his own conditions.  It just saddens me.  Each to their own, I guess.

Anyone want to to put in a pre-order, for the most insane 7800 attachment, ever?  It most likely won't happen though, I have serious health issues myself.  Who knows though, maybe in 1 to 5 years, if I get that last LED to come on.

Nah, it mostly already works, 92 binaries, off of SD (not random shit from the internet) and WiFi upload capability, only thing not finished is the direct download from a secured server, directly into the cart. All controlled from a browser, on any device.

I'll keep that to myself.

Put a double POKEY in it and I'm in ... ?

• Like 1

Sorry I haven't jump onto AA much lately....  I'm almost done with the SMD conversion, the PLD is the hardest part, but I've gotten most of the work done on the rest of the board.    I also was working on integrating the POKEY Max directly onto the board, but the BGA is a massive pain in the ass, so I'm going to leave it as a plug in board instead onto the XM's.   Trying to work that in sadly chewed up a heck of a lot of my spare time.

SMD.thumb.png.93813716fe31052431b38aea9da72c11.png

Edited by Curt Vendel
  • Like 4

On 9/25/2019 at 8:14 PM, Trebor said:

Caught an update that was posted ~15 minutes ago:

"FYI... the conversion of the XM to production SMD components is almost completed..."

image.png.314f9d13f2d280c56d0725c19aaa6167.pngimage.png.a64fbc59f1fa47a0630c73d9230fd30c.png

Oh!!!  Ooooops, I guess I should've read the thread before posting.   Thank you Trebor for posting this up for me.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2019 at 5:38 AM, Kosmic Stardust said:

Quad pokey stereo! ??‍???????

Well, maybe you guys could install the quad pokey fpga's yourselves... I'm only putting on one Pokey max plugged into the boards.   I tried to integrate it directly on, but I started this project using an old and not very capable CAD program, was never expecting the board design to have been complex so I used it.  Should've stuck with KiCAD - there is no BGA part in the program and I wasn't fully comfortable with the footprint I made and BGAs have major issues on their own without making a poor footrpint to compound the problem, so I backed off trying and went to the 40 pin DIP carrier instead done in EAGLE.

• Like 7

Okay the 100pin QFP is mapped out, the Jedec code has to be remapped to the new pins too.   I have completed all of the GND and VSS connections and I worked on the JTAG connections to the PLD tonight.  I will be working on the other traces tomorrow and by the weekend start rechecking everything.  Then Perry and Mark will give everything a check over to make sure all looks good.   Board conversion to SMD is then done, can have the factory run off a couple and lets see how they look.   Having most of the components already placed on the boards is going to be a HUGE relief in assembling these.

• Like 11

Finished all of the lines into the QFP.    Mark suggested adding in an IRQ and moving the CLK2 line to an standard I/O and not using the PLD GCLK2 input, so I made those changes.  I also add several PLD I/O pin test points since there were several unused I/O pins on the left side of the QFP.   Sent over the updated Schematics and Board files to Mark and Perry so they can give everything and 2nd and 3rd set of eyes before I run off the test boards.  Be nice to run off boards without any further cut & straps and to move the design from its testing & development design to the final design.

image.thumb.png.55e86b847a41c7fdb4b93b3faf2fcab6.png

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, dodge ramman said:

I work long hours and don't get a chance to get on here much, when will theses be on sale and how do I go about purchasing one?

We've moved to the SMD version of the design and the first batch of test boards is being ordered this week, the game coders get these first batches to begin work on their games on real hardware.   Still some work to complete on the BIOS and manuals have to be completed and printed.   Once the 180 or so pre-orders are shipping, announcements will go out on here, FB, 7800xm.com, atarimuseum and I'm sure many other places.  New orders will be $149 + shipping.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Curt Vendel said:

We've moved to the SMD version of the design and the first batch of test boards is being ordered this week, the game coders get these first batches to begin work on their games on real hardware.   Still some work to complete on the BIOS and manuals have to be completed and printed.   Once the 180 or so pre-orders are shipping, announcements will go out on here, FB, 7800xm.com, atarimuseum and I'm sure many other places.  New orders will be $149 + shipping.

Thank you Mr Vendel I'll set the $149.00 back for when its available! Will these also have functions like/similar to a game genie? 

Edited by dodge ramman
added more content

12 hours ago, galax said:

As the thread with this post is closed, I'll post here that we reversed this deal- I sold the 7800 XM Reservation back to SalemFrost7800 and so the pre-order that he made should be shipped to him. Cheers!

As long as he’s gone to 7800xm.com and provided that information for the transfer so that the order goes to him.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:52 PM, galax said:

As the thread with this post is closed, I'll post here that we reversed this deal- I sold the 7800 XM Reservation back to SalemFrost7800 and so the pre-order that he made should be shipped to him. Cheers!

On 11/9/2019 at 10:10 PM, phoenixdownita said:

??? Mind if I ask why?

He wasn't the only one who got hammered... ??

Still patiently waiting for this to come to fruition.??

20 hours ago, Curt Vendel said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68Package arrived from PCBWAY tonight when I got home from my trip to Boston...

The XM Bus Bridge PCBs have arrived.  Now I'm just waiting for the XM boards to arrive next.

I decided the production boards are all going to be done in 7800 Purple, I think they look nice.

77427173_10221487031307883_6364616799337578496_o.jpg

Quoting because purple+gold is my absolute fave PCB combo!