IGNORED

Happy New Year... XM shipping this month

Curt Vendel

You know we're never going to actually get this thing, right? We still haven't even started the beta testing hell the Concerto got stuck in. A month has become two years, so far. Almost done for two years. It’s starting to feel like an Andy Kaufman prank. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Swami said:

You know we're never going to actually get this thing, right? We still haven't even started the beta testing hell the Concerto got stuck in. A month has become two years, so far. Almost done for two years. It’s starting to feel like an Andy Kaufman prank. 

Are you tring to make someone sell the Xm to someone else then buy it back from them later again? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2019 at 1:25 AM, Curt Vendel said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f4dcc336a70d5c68Package arrived from PCBWAY tonight when I got home from my trip to Boston...

The XM Bus Bridge PCBs have arrived.  Now I'm just waiting for the XM boards to arrive next.

I decided the production boards are all going to be done in 7800 Purple, I think they look nice.

77427173_10221487031307883_6364616799337578496_o.jpg

So did the XM boards show up yet?

• Like 1

These are truly beautiful !!!   Okay,

First batches going to:

@PacManPlus

@tep392

@Mitch

@RevEng

and of Course Mark over in the UK...    This'll give some key people a chance to start coding on the real hardware and go deeper into compatibility testing as well, just to be certain.   Mark is finishing up the End User version of the built in BIOS and feature selection settings and some other things.    I'll get to work getting the 2nd batch of boards ready and start preparing emails to the 1st pre-order people...

7800XM-Rev36a.thumb.jpg.507a13f882dd8e29a663e14742006752.jpg

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, Jinks said:

When you do have the next batch ready can you always post who it is going out to in this topic just like you did with the fantastic four? 

I actually think that would be a great idea, then people will see who's receiving theirs and know theirs are on the way and it lets every know whats happening.  Thanks Jinks!

• Like 6

These are truly beautiful !!!   Okay,

First batches going to:
[mention=1787]PacManPlus[/mention]
[mention=24519]tep392[/mention]
[mention=11]Mitch[/mention]
[mention=23476]RevEng[/mention]

and of Course Mark over in the UK...    This'll give some key people a chance to start coding on the real hardware and go deeper into compatibility testing as well, just to be certain.   Mark is finishing up the End User version of the built in BIOS and feature selection settings and some other things.    I'll get to work getting the 2nd batch of boards ready and start preparing emails to the 1st pre-order people...

7800XM-Rev36a.thumb.jpg.507a13f882dd8e29a663e14742006752.jpg

I hadn’t checked up in a long time, but I guess I picked the right time to take a look at this thread again. Can’t wait! I just pasted my order number and other info from original confirmation email onto the preorder confirmation website.

Looking forward to the fun ahead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Booting up of the 1st production shipping 7800XM, has the basic functionality on it just to show it booting and working in both 2600 and 7800 mode.   This particular one is going to PacManPlus (Bob) and another to Perry Thuente next week and the other 3 are going to Mitch Orman, RevEng and Mark Ball so that they can start developing games for the XM and also to heavily stress test them.   These I'm just hand building to make sure everything is good before I move to mass building.   But lo and behold, the shipments are starting.   As I ship (as Jinx suggested) I'll post up who's orders are shipping out, please don't start PM'ing me asking when yours is going out, I'll be contacting everyone, so when I contact you, yours is shipping.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Curt Vendel said:

FYI... the video is just to show that the new 100 pin PLD code is working correctly and the XM is booting up.    The units shipping out this coming week will be fully populated and fully function, just so anyone who might be confused understands.

The units are finally shipping this week? Where do I go to update my address? 

I remember reading about the original boxes for these won't come with the xm. I was thinking that it would still be neat to get the box just for the ones who have been on the preorder list. I fear that getting a new box made could take years to get done if at all. Unless you already have something cooked up. Just my 2 cents. Really excited to see this getting done, looks great! 

4 hours ago, killersquirel said:

The units are finally shipping this week? Where do I go to update my address? 

If you pre-ordered 7800xm.com

These first 5 are going to developers, will start shipping out units to everyone else in batches of 10-20 at a time, you'll be contacted before hand for final shipping verification, names will be listed of who's units are shipping in each batch posted here and on the 7800 expansion module group on FB as well.

• Like 2