IGNORED

Happy New Year... XM shipping this month

Curt Vendel

I might be a Realistic Ronda and a Guarded Gail in this matter but not a Debbie Downer. Even if there was some shades of ol' Deb it's not like it isn't justified as I outlined above. That's why Ronda and Gail are the chicks that come to mind as far as I see it.

You forgot about Negative Nancy, Sarcasm Samantha, and Pessimist Patty. :roll:

As for me, Becky Believer and Optimist Ophelia are much better friends to keep in my click.

As for me, Becky Believer and Optimist Ophelia are much better friends to keep in my click.

When was the last time you spoke to those ladies? I take it you must have missed their obituaries posted to the other part of the forum. They both died do to issues stemming from self inflicted blindness years ago. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you of their unfortunate demise :(

You have to wait until we are allowed to plead our case. No one knows when that will be

Well, I hopefully will not have to 'plead my case' for something I bought and have the receipt for. Just sayin'

That said, I have no qualms waiting. I know how much work these kinds of projects are, and Curt has had some legit health issues. Life gets in the way of this stuff, sometimes.

• Like 1

You have to wait until we are allowed to plead our case. No one knows when that will be

My suggestion to everyone is to just keep an eye on this thread for updates from Curt. When he's ready to start that process, he will let everyone know. And based on the messages I have seen from Curt on the subject, I don't think any pleading will be necessary.

• Like 8

Sorry for delay in posting, Mouser didn’t have the 245’s I needed (I only had LS’s and I needed HCT’s) and Jamesco took forever shipping to me.

Now don’t get raging nerd hardons over the USB plug, it’s not what you think.

USB is supplying power only (data lines aren’t even going anywhere from the plug) this is for programming the PLD in its socket and not having to spend $250 to buy an ATF programming rig.

So plugged it in, all powered up, everything is getting 5v so power up test has passed, next is to hook up the JTAG and program the PLD and flash the BIOS and boot it up...

post-23-0-94772300-1518124510_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Sorry for delay in posting, Mouser didn’t have the 245’s I needed (I only had LS’s and I needed HCT’s) and Jamesco took forever shipping to me.

USB is supplying power only (data lines aren’t even going anywhere from the plug) this is for programming the PLD in its socket and not having to spend $250 to buy an ATF programming rig.

So plugged it in, all powered up, everything is getting 5v so power up test has passed, next is to hook up the JTAG and program the PLD and flash the BIOS and boot it up...

attachicon.gif27545299_10215838032526444_4014421253156212074_n.jpg

Exciting times! Nothing like the thrill of powering up new hardware :)

attachicon.gif27545299_10215838032526444_4014421253156212074_n.jpg

How did you procure custom 7800 connectors? Due to scarcity, most people use generic 36 pin connectors for projects that interface A7800 PCBs.