IGNORED

Flashed my first Gotek today...

eightbit

Update: Just for the heck of it, I decided to reverse the data cable. Now it boots to the menu and it shows a list of ADF files.

However, after about five or ten seconds it almost looks like it reboots and then goes back to the list again. And sometimes a white line moves up or down the screen. It almost looks like a selection line.

When I try using the front buttons to scroll through the items, nothing happens.

Thoughts?

- Amiga 500

- FlashFloppy v. 0.9.19A

- GoTek jumper set to drive zero with GoTek connected internally

- 1 GB USB stick formatted FAT32

Tried both the front buttons and all the keys on the Amiga keyboard.

The menu's kind of stuck in an infinite loop. Rebooted and power-cycled numerous times with the same result.

Is the white bar that moves up and down the selection highlight for the FlashFloppy menu system?

Solved!

There were two problems at the same time.

1) The rebooting was because the GoTek didn't like the first USB stick. I switched to an 8GB stick and it stopped restarting.

2) The mouse was enabled on the port that FlashFloppy was expecting a joystick (hence the white bar scrolling up or down the screen). That locked out any keypresses. Switched to joystick and now it's fine.

Very cool. And actually pretty simple to flash the unit. With version 0.9.19A, I didn't even have to run the File Manager since the required flash file is already included with the latest FlashFloppy archive. The only program I needed to run was the Demo flasher app.