IGNORED

Best Donkey Kong for Atari 2600

Jacro017

Just got a light sixer delivered today as the 1 I had 40 years ago has long been gone so I really don't want to sell it already!!Will probably get an NES and get that version of Donkey Kong.Sorry to cause a Congo Bongo melee!!

Melee! :lol:

Here, express interest in or better yet… get yourself a Jaguar next and check out our totally awesome and supportive community! While visiting, be sure to ask if the Jaguar could handle certain games. Or why people pay a premium for ST ports. Hold tight and grab yourself some popcorn! :rolling:

ColecoVision Congo Bongo was an excellent translation and one of my favorite games to play. Whenever I'm playing that system, it always gets lots of playtime.

2600 Congo Bongo is, well, not great.

And yes. Colecovision DK is better then 2600 DK. But NES DK is better then ColecoVision DK.

^ your font choice sucks so bad, I don't even want to quote it for fear of duplication. :lol:

I agree, that font is horrible. Every time I try to read something he posts, I feel like I'm going to get a headache. Luckily, I don't miss anything by skipping over his posts. :P

FIXEDSYS WASN'T A FREAKING OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

So just use the default font.

Back to the real subject, the original Coleco DK is the only on available on a cartridge, and probably will always be the only one available on a cartridge (Nintendo gets a little cease-and-desist-y when you use their properties without permission). DK VCS looks amazing, but I think DK Arcade is more fun to play. If you want to play either of 'em on your 2600, you'll need a Harmony Cart.

• Like 1

Melee! :lol:

Here, express interest in or better yet… get yourself a Jaguar next and check out our totally awesome and supportive community! While visiting, be sure to ask if the Jaguar could handle certain games. Or why people pay a premium for ST ports. Hold tight and grab yourself some popcorn! :rolling:

and dont forget the cream soda