IGNORED

1541+commodore64+ thin buble wrap=

the scary part is the same seller has a lot listed with a monitor

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Working-Commodore-64-lot-monitor-1541-drive/292393401456

with the packing skills used for my package I'm afraid for the safety of that monitor

soo the commodore itself was wrapped around 2 - 3 times with the small bubble wrap

then stuck in the box right up angst the side of the box

then manuals were in the box net to it with drive and power cord loose in the box with some hap hazard placed small sections of bubble wrap in-between

just heard back from the seller he wants me to take it to the post office and file a claim lol (they will laugh at me when the see the packing ) and refuses a return

(all I asked was a partial refund of half the purchase price which I think is fair )

Unless something changed, the shipping contract is between the seller and the shipper (USPS). The seller has to file the claim with USPS. They may or may not even listen to you if you go try to file the claim yourself. If seller won't handle the shipping claim then I would go through eBay's remediation process.

Unless something changed, the shipping contract is between the seller and the shipper (USPS). The seller has to file the claim with USPS. They may or may not even listen to you if you go try to file the claim yourself. If seller won't handle the shipping claim then I would go through eBay's remediation process.

yea that is correct I've dealt with damaged packages from usps and ups before and have been told that by the post office/ups dc that's why when he told me that had to chuckle (that's not going to happen )

I had a similar packing issue with a seller of a TI computer. He crammed the console into a USPS Medium Flat-Rate box, bulging out both ends of the box by about 1/4" on each side, NO protection on the ends. It showed up find but the results could have been far worse.

The problem the seller will have with a claim is all carriers have a reasonable expectation of proper protection for shipped items and claims can be rejected if they determine an item was packed inappropriately.

We all accept some level of reasonable risk with old technology. Sellers, however, should take proper precautions to ensure shipping is not a factor.

Have you filed a case with eBay? It might be worth calling to speak to a representative and explain the situation and see what they can do or recommend. If he canceled the refund and you have documentation on the agreement, in most states that constitutes a contract and he would have violated that contract.

Personally, I am not above a small claims case inclusive of court fees. People like this deserve a good smacking if not an outright ass-whipping. Legally speaking, of course.

Also, run over to the Marketplace forum and log this seller as a bad seller as a warning to others.

Have you filed a case with eBay? It might be worth calling to speak to a representative and explain the situation and see what they can do or recommend. If he canceled the refund and you have documentation on the agreement, in most states that constitutes a contract and he would have violated that contract.

Personally, I am not above a small claims case inclusive of court fees. People like this deserve a good smacking if not an outright ass-whipping. Legally speaking, of course.

Also, run over to the Marketplace forum and log this seller as a bad seller as a warning to others.

someone did end up buying his other set with monitor and paid 215$ hopefully its not someone on here

I did just escalate the claim on ebay

and sent them a screen shot of my paypal statement where the refund is listed as canceled

looks like a classy guy lol love the cheap beer can in his first pic lol(hey commodore hold my beer lol)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Working-Commodore-64-lot-monitor-1541-drive-/292400505508?nma=true&si=7HTO5H%252BpU0Bpzl8e6oWHoZGc9s8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edited by discgolfer72

hopefully I get my refund, with what I had to spend to save this machine

I could have bought 3 lol

its back in action just need to epoxy the y key back on (unless someone has a dead machine with good keyboard they want to get rid of )

and waiting on the keyboard supports

since I'm already in over my head on price ,what other things do I need to pimp this guy out (it deserves it after the beating it just got )

already have a package of heat sinks sitting here

post-63035-0-08141900-1515648988_thumb.jpg

post-63035-0-23260200-1515649007_thumb.jpg

Edited by discgolfer72
  • Like 2

Wow, sorry you had to deal with a loser seller. I have found a few of them over the years. I have also seen the old stuff the C64 in a medium flat rate box sellers too.

I must not be as nice as you because I would have filed a claim with eBay and made this ridiculous seller take back all his stuff. He would have had to give you a full refund and provide you with a pre-paid shipping label. Most sellers would just go the route of a full refund with you "disposing" of the item.

At any rate, glad you got it working again.

Looks like it needs an LED. In a couple of weeks I will be producing LEDs for these cases in red, yellow, green, blue, and white, $4 mailed. Let me know if you want one and I will make yours first.

do they have a special setup (voltage ) I still have the harness from the original setup and piles of leds here was just planning on soldering one on the old lead , I should have some square ones that will fit in that slot

do they have a special setup (voltage ) I still have the harness from the original setup and piles of leds here was just planning on soldering one on the old lead , I should have some square ones that will fit in that slot

I put a resister in-line because the newer available LEDs are much brighter and without it they are blinding. A fact which apparently misses producers of things like the Genesis HD controllers in which a super-bright water-clear blue LED flashes every time you press a button. I do not need my XU1541 lighting up my computer room, hallway, and into my bedroom.

On the Reloaded Mk2 you can use between 3.3k and 5.1k resistors to bring the brightness down to a level which is not distracting or blinding. I did not use resistors on the blue LEDs I put in my Amiga 4000D and those damned things light up the room (I will be correcting that this weekend.)

post-27864-0-86008300-1515697698_thumb.jpg