IGNORED

8bit-Slicks: Promo Video

8bit-Dude

Wow that takes us leading up into 2003 I think as a release, but much earlier for dev.... I think someone is using a younger picture of themselves for the interwebs.... that's about 15 years back, but savage had a long run and was resurrected... Might be on steam as is the case for most comebacks... that was quite the time to be an online gamer!

Edited by _The Doctor__

Although when I look in the mirror, I look to myself like I'm 49 now, but others still guess me at about 10 years younger. I always looked young for my age, looked 25 until I was 40, but once the hair started going...well, I think I look about my age now...but someone was really surprised just last week when I said I was 49, they thought I was their age; mid 30's. So that made my day!

That would make a decent set if people wanted a full package retail deal on the game, game with DC. Conversely this might be the impetus to get that other Ethernet card project going. Less reliant on the Atari doing all the heavy lifting... Both would be excellent!

@danwinslow how much you selling those now hot to have dragon carts for?

Edited by _The Doctor__

Do you plan to produce another batch soon?

If the game is received as well as I hope, you may get quite a few inquiries...

For Altirra setup, see: http://8bit-slicks.com/?topic=how-to-setup-altirra-with-dragoncart

I was mostly the money, Mark Dusko was the actual hardware guy. He has his design up on his website, though. I am sure he would have no problem if someone wanted to make another run. I have not heard from him in some time, but his atariage handle is puppetmark. I would imagine that dropcheck or one of the other folks still producing boards would be able to handle it. I think a pass-through cart would be much better, and/or a PBI device. The CS8900A is hard to source in 5 volts. Lots of people seem to think that a 'all in one' with its own TCP stack is the way to go, but unless it has a memory mapped transfer bus it won't work very well. SIO is not capable of handling it. And, as you've seen, a dedicated single purpose stack is very doable on the eight bits, especially to support UDP.

Edited by danwinslow
  • Like 1