IGNORED

MIDI Lynx Synthesizer

sage

Bach? I dont think so. *rotfl* (Maybe the quality of the recording must be bad)

But I have some nice 4 channel Mozart and Beethoven at hand.

Maybe I upload some more when I have a better recording...

Edited by sage

Was a bit lazy before. Now I changed the music driver code to something which allows for decay notes.

Module starts in "demo" mode. As soon as you connect Midi/comlynx it will go back to synth mode. Sorry for only few instrumentsa nd shitty percussion selection.

lethal.zip

... music for one of the games which are on my wishlist ;-)

Jesus man, the wod song sounds great! What game is it from? I looked through all games on W on lemon64 but couldn't find anything abbreviated WOD there at least.

The individual sounds sound so good too, especially the bass and the snare! As You mention Turrican on your wishlist I'd also like more 'action games' / 'arcade action' / platformers for the Lynx. I'm aiming for that my next Lynx project would be a platformer (something with original characters and setting though), but the small memory of the Lynx is making me worry in the planning stage, I guess I should just get on with it.

Going to try the songs on a real Lynx tonight. Exciting stuff!

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx

Jesus man, the wod song sounds great! What game is it from? I looked through all games on W on lemon64 but couldn't find anything abbreviated WOD there at least.

The individual sounds sound so good too, especially the bass and the snare!

Atari ST: Wings of Death and Lethal Excess.

The snare and Drum is silently stolen from the Zaku sound engine.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, you send midi commands to the lynx, but what do you use to play them? Your "chipper" player, or something else? In the latter case, do you intend to release it at some point?

pmidi to play. ttymidi (modified a bit) to send out the midi command on serial/tty.

yes, no, kind of.

Well, you have the rom image. What else do you mean by "release"?

it was not meant to be used for background music in games.

I have two versions (as in chipper), one, using modified BLL sound driver and one using modified zaku sound driver.

Both have pros and cons.

As I have removed/modified quiet some stuff, its (at the moment) impossible to run samples in parallel. esp as the midi data is streamed from ROM (if not send in by comlynx).

• 2 months later...

I think today is a good day to ask if someone would be interested in this any further?

I could think about the following:

• real MIDI cable to comlynx, e.g. microcontroller with usb in, midi-in, comlynx-out
  • synth on cartridge with some eeprom for instruments.
  • Like 3

I think today is a good day to ask if someone would be interested in this any further?

I could think about the following:

• real MIDI cable to comlynx, e.g. microcontroller with usb in, midi-in, comlynx-out
  • synth on cartridge with some eeprom for instruments.

The direct cable would be really nice. Most synths have build in record/playback functions. So it would be a great way to compose something.

I am currently trying a little different approach. Building a ComLynx port to Raspberry Pi UART. Due to bad concentration on one project I am very late with my Stone Age Lynx that is supposed to have this feature. (This may be due to excessive On Duty coding lately.)