IGNORED

Best Tetris for a8 ?

devwebcl

Two doubts, though. No way to change direction of the rotation, no way to accelerate the descent without losing control of the brick (just plain fall by pushing the stick down).

Those were called game rules ;)

Contrary, the game is 100% professional presented. The controls are marvelous fluent. The Bricks move with an ease , giving the feedback of an arcade machine , and the ambient is great and can keep the player hours on the screen.

It also is an Atari 8-bit Original ....

Edited by emkay

Thetris is very nice, though again I miss choice between clockwise and counterclockwise rotation. But it's probably just my obsession. Also rotating bricks with pushing the stick feels somehow unusual.

Anyone would favor GETRIS? Seems nice, and the "Revenge of Bozon" tune sounds good.

When thinking about TETRIS, I have never written any TETRIS clone for Atari, just one for PC (stealing Atari's color pallette and font).

Thetris is very nice, though again I miss choice between clockwise and counterclockwise rotation. But it's probably just my obsession. Also rotating bricks with pushing the stick feels somehow unusual.

Just to remind that it's much better to play Thetris (and Rolltris) via keyboard and not joystick. Use keys I,J,K,L and Shift as fire.

Just to remind that it's much better to play Thetris (and Rolltris) via keyboard and not joystick. Use keys I,J,K,L and Shift as fire.

Great, I should have read the documentation first

Is there any chance that a version with selectable rotation direction will be ever released?

I have a Tetris game I was done by someone by the name of David Mason did using Basic many years ago. I enhanced it with TurboBasic and custom GTIA graphics mode. Joystick play. Free Download with source included. With the options, can have it play many different styles that I knew about at the time.

PetesGames.atr

post-14332-0-27800300-1515663218.png

post-14332-0-22034600-1515663223.png

Edited by peteym5
  • Like 1

What trbb says is almost my top 5:

- ACTris 2.1

- Warsaw Tetris

- Fortress (switch off KE sounds here!)

- Atartris II

and number five:

- IBM Tetris (thanks to changing background pics!)

But I do not like Dredis (but hey, I always play Tetris alone)...

Yes I forgot about IBM Tetris.

In Dredis when one player is out the other carries on, so it's still good for 1 player game and it's sideways on folks! [think Ataritris II is also good for 1 player]