IGNORED

StereoSID Player 10.3 vs SD2IEC? (WORKS!)

OLD CS1

It does have its own loader available but I choose the regular loader as the fast loader will not work. I am actually going to write the D64 to a floppy and hook up a 1541-II. I am hoping it is just a problem with the SD2IEC -- I can live with that.

Ok. Perhaps it still does something fancy like trying to send & execute code in the drive even if it is setup to use the standard loader. Would the StereoSID player work even on a machine without stereo SID chips (only playing 1/2 of the channels in the song then) in case someone else wants to try?

Confirmed:

1) Stereo SID Player does not work with my SD2IEC

As @carlsson suggests it may be using some trickery with the drive even without the fast-loader turned on

CORRECTION: SEE THIS POST

2) It will play mono without a second SID

In Menu #2 there are two options: 'A' Address and 'M' Mode, which give options $DF00 and $DE00, and MONO and STEREO, respectively.

All works fine with my Indus GT. (Now I just need to fix the power port on the Indus.)

It does and I have a few 1581 disks with the player and tons a music. Dickenson notes, however, that you can use the 1581 fast-loader to load the program, but loading files the fast-loader must be turned off to use the 1581. The settings in the program rule (menu #2) once the program is loaded.

BIG CORRECTION! This part of my post just hit me:

The settings in the program rule (menu #2) once the program is loaded.

I just loaded up the Stereo SID Player from the SD2IEC with the normal loader then went into Menu #2, and sure enough: 'F' Fast Load is ON by default.

I turned that off and BOOM! Loading songs from SD2IEC works. As a bonus, it appears using JiffyDOS makes this all the quicker.

• Like 2