IGNORED

Found like new Warner wood grain 2600. Problems with power.

kruuth

I recently snagged an original wood grain 2600 at an estate sale, with box, manual, tv box, etc. I'd like to plug this in but it looks like the power supply is pushing extra voltage(16v) and I'm a little scared to turn that on. I've ordered a new PS for it, but I'm still a little scared someone plugged this in and possibly burned out something. Is it possible that voltage burnt something inside?

The power supply is fine. All the original ones read 15 or 16 volts when you check them with a meter. It drops to 9 or so volts, when under load. Then the power regulator in the 2600 drops it to 5 volts. The only way to know if the 2600 is working is to plug it in and try it. If it doesn't seem to work, you need to open it up and check to make sure there is 5 volts coming out of the power regulator when the console is plugged in and turned on. Try it out and see if it works, if it doesn't, we'll move on to the next step. The old RF switch box probably isn't going to work very well, so you are gonna want to buy a RCA to Coax barrel adapter.

(Never heard anyone call it a "Warner" wood grain.) :P

• Like 2

If you are interested in playing it, then by all means, keep it and buy some more games for it. If you don't think you'll play it, then it's possible someone on the forums might be interested in buying it from you, if the price is reasonable.

As far as modding it, that's really a personal choice. Some of the better mods will give you amazing picture quality, but the cheap mods are really hit and miss. The best mod of the money is the UAV. It will give you great picture quality and it's not expensive. If you can solder, it's not hard to do the mod yourself. Just steer clear of the mods that you find on eBay. If you can't solder, then there may be members near you who will mod the system for a fee. Honestly, if you are getting a decent picture with the RF, you don't need to mod it.

Also, if you are going to keep it, don't overpay for games. Common carts are super cheap and easy to find. Read everything you can on the forums and feel free to ask questions if you need to.

Post some pics of your 2600! :-D

I was thinking about selling it. I have an original vader 2600 that I already have, and a full complement of controllers. I just didn't want this to go to waste. I might keep it as a backup, but if someone on the forum might want it then I'd be ok being sure it went to a good home.

What's something like this worth? It has:

Original Activision pitfall box and manual

Original Console

Original switch box

Original controllers(and they look new)

Hockey cartridge

PSU

Original Box, manual, and catalog(box has some wear)

I was thinking about selling it. I have an original vader 2600 that I already have, and a full complement of controllers. I just didn't want this to go to waste. I might keep it as a backup, but if someone on the forum might want it then I'd be ok being sure it went to a good home.

What's something like this worth? It has:

Original Activision pitfall box and manual

Original Console

Original switch box

Original controllers(and they look new)

Hockey cartridge

PSU

Original Box, manual, and catalog(box has some wear)

Prices can vary. Post a few photos.