IGNORED

Formatting extended tracks on 1541

OLD CS1

I was trying to write a demo to floppy and kept running into errors near the end on two different 1541-IIs. In CBMXfer the status display of the copy lags behind to real location so it looked to me to be track 35.

I threw in my trusty Indus GT and found the write was erroring out at track 36. I looked at the D64 of the demo and sure enough, it is roughly 190k instead of 170k.

Writing a D64 requires the disk be formatted so I assume the problem is the tracks beyond 35 are not formatted.

I am guessing I could copy the D64 from the SD2IEC mounted as a real disk using a copy utility like Maverick. I want to make this a little more simple. Does anyone know of a good method to format extended tracks (36-40?)

While I am going to poke around the next couple of days and see what I can find I would appreciate anyone's input.

Got it. I believe it is part of the nibtools set, but it is in with the CBMxfer and driver set:

cbmformat -x 8 name,id

The '-x' formats the extended tracks (up to 40.)

Afterward extracting the D64 to the disk worked as expected.