IGNORED

Scan of PCB foil pattern of logic board

Tornadoboy

Is there a picture or scan of the logic board's bare foil pattern available somewhere? I've got to take mine out to replace all the caps and IC sockets, and I was thinking while I'm at it of stripping it entirely, taking some scans of the bare board then reassembling it so the PCB pattern is available to reproduce, experiment with etc, but I won't bother if it's already been done.

Edited by Tornadoboy
  • Like 3

Which version do you need? There are at least three.

Would love to have your scans. Also any information documenting the board. Brand, Region, Case stickers data (back and bottom). Board Data.

Whichever one works the best!

Mine is like a 3GE, my ultimate goal is to make a Vectrex arcade cabinet using a Battlezone monitor I have, but I'd rather not cannibalize an original Vectrex if I can at all avoid it, the one I have is in rather nice shape aside from needing the buzz kit and a recapping.

Edited by Tornadoboy

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1060033634089063?view=permalink&id=1522544717837950

Not sure if you can get to that link but there's a guy on Facebook who has made a PCB Vectrex to run an vector monitor that he's made from scratch. The group is called "Vectrex, XY and Vector monitors The technical side", the guy's name is Fred Konopaska. It's not the same shape as the real thing, but that's probably a good thing for your use. Maybe he'll share this layouts with you.

Edited by D-Type

Ron Reuter has made some artwork of a board with parts populated he posted on Mainbyte. It's accurate. Perhaps he has the original art in a format that can be used for real world purposes.

See here:

http://www.mainbyte.com/motherboards/mb_graphics.html

I've seen that around, and it's certainly useful for IC location and general parts placement, but it doesn't really help with the foil pattern.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1060033634089063?view=permalink&id=1522544717837950

Not sure if you can get to that link but there's a guy on Facebook who has made a PCB Vectrex to run an vector monitor that he's made from scratch. The group is called "Vectrex, XY and Vector monitors The technical side", the guy's name is Fred Konopaska. It's not the same shape as the real thing, but that's probably a good thing for your use. Maybe he'll share this layouts with you.

I've seen that around too, although I'm not getting my hopes up because I see cool projects like that show up on the internet all the time and far too often they wither and die on the vine or the creator just makes one for himself and never sells and/or releases the board patterns and parts placements for them. Hopefully that's not the case with that particular board as it would be AWESOME to have a plug & play Vectrex board for Asteroids cabs, I've always thought a lot of the games were more than arcade worthy and hopefully it'll spark the creation of new ones designed for coin-op cabs. I'm tempted to get a Vectrex32 module and take a crack at making my own too, but I've already got a gazillion other projects far ahead of that one. But since I'm already going to take half the parts off my logic board for IC sockets and recapping it's not a huge leap for me to strip it entirely for a scan, I've done it for other boards, but again I won't take the risk or waste the time if it's already out there somewhere.

Edited by Tornadoboy