IGNORED

Pac-Man Suit Kohls $25 Clearance

Parrothead

I know you all hate my guts but I cant help but share this. $25 Clearance Pac-Man Suits at Kohls. Normally $120. Find one if you can! I found one tonight. Google Pac-Man Oppo Suits to see what it looks like. Includes Sport Coat, Slacks and Tie. Super high quality. Good luck!

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1

It was on one of the still remaining clearance X-Mas gift shelves. We scanned it at one of the scanners and it still said $120. Took it back to the layaway/cust service desk to question the scanned price and they marked it down 80%.

Edited by Parrothead

Ugh, that thing.

Do not wear that suit. For one thing, it's a hundred-dollar suit off the rack--it's probably going to fit horribly. For another thing, the only place it would even be appropriate to wear it would be a game convention or something, and even then, it's...a bit much.

I saw a guy wearing it at VCF and he looked like the host of a game show that never got aired, or the zany guy you see in commercials for used car lots.

• Like 4

I know you all hate my guts

Mike, this is the first time in many years I've seen you speak about gamey things in a way that wasn't trying to sell something. It's a good look for you, please keep it up.

Welcome back to the human race.

I think you will find forgiveness in the community if you can demonstrate that you've given up the get-rich-quick schemes, and always speak the truth. If you don't know something, say so or STFU. No one wants to hear any more lies.

I'm not buying that tickytack suit, because I'm not The Riddler, nor am I Billy Mitchell.

But seriously, it's nice to see you above ground again.

• Like 10

Photosensitive seizure warning

A very small percentage of people may experience a seizure when exposed to certain visual images, including flashing lights or patterns that may appear in cheap suits. Even people who have no history of seizures or epilepsy may have an undiagnosed condition that can cause these photosensitive epileptic seizures while watching cheap suits.

Seizures may be reduced by taking the following precautions:

Wear in a well-lit room

Do not wear if you are drowsy or fatigued

If you or any of your relatives have a history of seizures or epilepsy, consult a doctor before wearing.

;)

Source: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/photosensitive-seizure-warning

• Like 1

Mike, this is the first time in many years I've seen you speak about gamey things in a way that wasn't trying to sell something. It's a good look for you, please keep it up.

Welcome back to the human race.

I think you will find forgiveness in the community if you can demonstrate that you've given up the get-rich-quick schemes, and always speak the truth. If you don't know something, say so or STFU. No one wants to hear any more lies.

I'm not buying that tickytack suit, because I'm not The Riddler, nor am I Billy Mitchell.

But seriously, it's nice to see you above ground again.

Is this the suit?

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2960604/mens-opposuits-slim-fit-pac-man-suit-tie-set.jsp

I'd only wear it if I was trying to look ironic in a hipster indie band.

• Like 1

Ugh, that thing.

Do not wear that suit. For one thing, it's a hundred-dollar suit off the rack--it's probably going to fit horribly. For another thing, the only place it would even be appropriate to wear it would be a game convention or something, and even then, it's...a bit much.

I saw a guy wearing it at VCF and he looked like the host of a game show that never got aired, or the zany guy you see in commercials for used car lots.

I sent my wife the link and got approval to get one for an upcoming friend's wedding! Completely unexpected. I thought she would give an absolute "HELL NO."

Don't think I'll do it though, since I sent it to her as a joke. :)

• Like 1

I would wear this suit. However, I would wear it for exactly one specific purpose: swaying opinion.

Think of it this way: turn up at, say, a town council meeting where some resolution is going to be passed that you're opposed to. Wear the suit and speak in favor of the resolution in an entirely too-enthusiastic manner, perhaps with some odd nervous tics thrown in for good measure. Smile unsettlingly a lot and put on a thousand-yard-stare at times during your monologues.

Granted, you might not get the result you want, but you'll sure as hell be remembered.

• Like 4

I know you all hate my guts but I cant help but share this.

Only when we are drunk. For the record.

$25 Clearance Pac-Man Suits at Kohls. Normally $120. Find one if you can! I found one tonight. Google Pac-Man Oppo Suits to see what it looks like. Includes Sport Coat, Slacks and Tie. Super high quality. Good luck!

I have some Pac-Man pajama pants that look like that suit's pants that I could already be on the People of Walmart for wearing publically. So, I would totally wear this suit. Anyway, thanks for pointing it out.

• Like 3

I don't think (most) people hate your guts.

I Do think they wished you'd stepped up and been more honest with them. I think they would have appreciated more personal accountability,...They do wish you'd taken responsibility and quit throwing people under the bus etc.,

Other than that you may be giving yourself too much importance...After a snarky internet comment (or tons of pages of them, because...You know it can be fun), they move on quickly to something else.

At the end of the day, you made a mistake, or even series of mistakes, which seemingly get amplified as everyone anonymously weighs in...And that's the nature of the internet.

That suit is Crazy! Didn't I see Chris Hardwick wearing one on @Midnight for one episode?

At any rate I hope all is well...

Personally I think you should come back and weigh in on video game matters of true importance; Like whether you preferred the SNES or Genesis, or what's your favorite Atari Homebrew?... Just don't try to sell us anything :P

• Like 2

Mike,

If you are really trying to come back to the community, I would take GoldLeader's advice. Probably best not to try to explain your way out of past mistakes at this point. Certainly, don't start another pie in the sky endeavor and try to sell something. No one is going to trust it, and we will just end up with another 400+ page thread.

As for hating someone someone guts... "hate" is a bit harsh of a term... not like you took money from me or put sugar in the gasoline tank of my car. Annoyed, lost patience, and not appreciating the dishonesty definitely, but not hate.

• Like 2

I appreciate the comments and don’t take them for granted. Believe me, no one wants to forget the past more than I. And you can be assured I won’t be attempting any more gaming ventures. I woefully mismanaged things the past few years and paid the price, in more ways I can count. And, it will take a few more years for me to recover from that debacle financially. It’s true that turning your hobby into even a part-time profession is a sure-fire way to enjoy your hobby less and stress yourself half to death. Especially, when you make the mistakes I did. I nearly lost all my love for gaming and regrettably did lose a handful of great friends in the hobby.

Over the past year, I have played more video games than I have played probably in the past 9 years. I’ve rebuilt a small collection of consoles that are all out and playable including an Atari 2600, 7800, PS1, Timex Sinclair 1000, Apple IIc and Commodore 64 -- oh, and my original Sega Genesis I had growing up and all my original games (I gave it to my cousin way back when, he kept it and recently found it and shipped it back to me).

In any event, I’ll take what I can get but don’t expect anything when it comes to being completely forgiven for what I put everyone through the past few years.

• Like 6

I appreciate the comments and dont take them for granted. Believe me, no one wants to forget the past more than I. And you can be assured I wont be attempting any more gaming ventures. I woefully mismanaged things the past few years and paid the price, in more ways I can count. And, it will take a few more years for me to recover from that debacle financially. Its true that turning your hobby into even a part-time profession is a sure-fire way to enjoy your hobby less and stress yourself half to death. Especially, when you make the mistakes I did. I nearly lost all my love for gaming and regrettably did lose a handful of great friends in the hobby.

Over the past year, I have played more video games than I have played probably in the past 9 years. Ive rebuilt a small collection of consoles that are all out and playable including an Atari 2600, 7800, PS1, Timex Sinclair 1000, Apple IIc and Commodore 64 -- oh, and my original Sega Genesis I had growing up and all my original games (I gave it to my cousin way back when, he kept it and recently found it and shipped it back to me).

In any event, Ill take what I can get but dont expect anything when it comes to being completely forgiven for what I put everyone through the past few years.

I can't speak for everyone, but I do think getting some full and honest answers to what happened might go a long way toward bringing your credibility out of the negative range. Over the past few years, you've been characterized as ducking any question you don't feel like answering. Now that you're not selling anything, you don't owe anyone any answers... but if you're wanting to be on good terms with the community, you will need to offer SOMETHING up. The truth, and I mean the ACTUAL truth, not the "Whatever makes me look better" spin, would be something of value you could extend.

I don't hate you, Mike. But you've hurt a lot of my friends, and I do not take that lightly. Some of these people I know by reputation only, some I have literally broken bread with. Your lies and screwups affected them, and so I'm going to suggest the truth would go a long way toward building that bridge.

• Like 3