IGNORED

Atari 2600 and Sears Video Arcade: RF Shielding and Switch Box Replacement

Crimson Tibiasm

I'm already aware of the A/V or RCA composite mods out there. But some older televisions do not have composite and only support Coaxl. Nevertheless, once you modify a console there's no turning back. If a mistake is made during the modding process it can be fixed, but other times it can be permanent and once that's done only the thought of regret occurs.

I know in this day of age CRT televisions are now becoming a thing of the past and sadly they are being thrown out on the streets. Flat-panel televisions, whether it be LED, LCD, Plasma, or OLED, they have become more of the household item. It seems that to truly hold something nostalgic you have embrace and cheer the past very well, even if your fond memories depend on it. That is why I made this video to hold on to the past and keep it alive as much as possible.

Before you watch let me tell you something quite frightful. In these days digital inputs are on the rise and analog inputs are slowly fading away and this was planned out some years ago by Hollywood. Their efforts to convince the public that digital is the way of the future was a marketing strategy. Also, a way to prevent piracy which has always been around for a long time. They had pushed the use of HDMI for many years since it's introduction in 2003 and since then you probably have it on your television and computer. Yet the Analog Sunset has since then dimmed into darkness for a long time now and it started back in 2010.

Don't Believe me then read this: http://www.audioholics.com/news/aacs-hdmi-kill-component-2010

Anyways let me explain about this tutorial video I made back in 2016 and some little history. I had this video on this site and since then it was taken down... I may never know why? And honestly, I don't really care as I'm not or have broken any rules since then.

The reason I made this video was to help and also to provide an alternative to users to keep their consoles persevered the way it was originally manufactured. I'm already aware of the of the A/V or RCA composite mods on the internet as I've already mentioned this since the beginning. But since modern televisions have implemented Digital inputs and are pushing for HDMI there's no turning back! I've have heard of an HDMI mod for the Atari 2600, which I'm quite impressed.

If you still OWN a CRT Television then you are in luck, because this video was intended for a television that still supports old analog signals.

Tired of a snowy or fuzzy picture, the horrible buzzing video interference and sound coming from your Atari 2600. Well, this video can help eliminate RF or EMI interference from ruining your gameplay. Also by replacing the box switch with an RCA to F-type connector can vastly improve the signal quality. Enjoy and if so please like and share this video.

P.S: Don't share the hate! Share your Constructive Criticism I really need to hear some feedback.icon_mrgreen.gif

Edited by Crimson Tibiasm