IGNORED

a batari BASIC listing library?

kisrael

So in another thread I got to think outloud about "wouldn't it be cool to have, like, a listing of all games and homebrews"... with screenshots and ROMs when available

It sparked some good conversation but I realized it's beyond the scope of what I'm likely to put my energies into, and the difference in opinion between folks who were excited about "the complete list" vs "the fun list to browse archive" was a bit much.

I thought back to the original "semi-official Batari Homepage" I made - last update August 2005 :-D

I really liked the table I started at the bottom there - each with a screenshot, title, author, source and binary.

Batari BASIC is more browsable than assembly. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to start making a big collection of Batari BASIC games in that style format...

(Batari BASIC reminds me of the old days of computer magazines with type in programs - I made a blog reviewing every type-in game from Compute!'s Gazette - I still think there's something so cool when a single text file makes all the graphics and sounds for a game...

• Like 2

It might be a good start, but I wouldn't let it exclusively be bB games.

I could make an excel sheet wrapper (that could be expanded to the huge one that Arenafoot made.

If you have say: title, author, description, link, imagename/location. then that would be a good start.