IGNORED

the official Channel F thread!

I've eliminated the dashed line/screen garbage problem on my System II by swapping in one of the four RAM chips from another Channel F.  Success, now I can finally play all the new stuff that's on my Multicart!  I'm still surprised this fixed it because it looked more like a 'video' problem.  

69273767_815769508824625_616595705561088000_n.jpg

Edited by frenchmarky

So there is some interesting ebay items at the moment including an ITT Tele match system, which I quite like the shell of but not interested in buying! 

There's a few carts out there too at the moment: boxed 24 Pro football and a couple of loose "rares": 23 and 26, that's the alien Invaders and galatic space wars. 

I'll be honest and say I've never been tempted by boxed copies of the zircon games, too expensive for me! 

2 hours ago, atari2600land said:

If someone is stupid enough to pay $152.00 for Pro Football, I say "Let them."

I was the first bidder on this and then shit got stupid. I knew I was screwed when it was up for 9 days. I'm 3 away from whole set and this hasn't come up in over 2 years so..yeah, what's my option? sadly, it's gotten past what i'll pay for it now so congrats to whomever wants it. Last time I missed out on a "buy it now title" it sold for $20 and a week later same game was $200. Resellers are killing it lately I guess. 

16 minutes ago, e5frog said:

If you can afford it... why not. The only other option (unless trading with collectors) is to wait for one to pop up again.

Ive asked around here but no one has extra of the 3 I need. Of course..who has #19 at all!?  My only console as a kid,  so was hoping to get a complete set years and years ago and still trying. Who knew the darn Fairchild was gonna be so hard to complete? ..lol. and yeah..waited 2 years for this one only to pull up short because someone REALLY wants it and obviously has more $$ than me..lol. Thanks bro..i'll just keep plugging away!

I've got a working, complete, #19. It's one of few I have found broken (not being vandalized) so I stole the shell and ditched the labels... back in the 90's, saved the PCB.

I've been in contact with a guy that does wire bonding but it's a waste if the chip is damaged anyway - and what collector wants one with no labels? (even if good reproduction labels could be made) We want the real thing, right, or I'd have no problems pushing out reproductions. ;)

6 minutes ago, e5frog said:

I've got a working, complete, #19. It's one of few I have found broken (not being vandalized) so I stole the shell and ditched the labels... back in the 90's, saved the PCB.

I've been in contact with a guy that does wire bonding but it's a waste if the chip is damaged anyway - and what collector wants one with no labels? (even if good reproduction labels could be made) We want the real thing, right, or I'd have no problems pushing out reproductions. ;)

Lucky for me, I know a hoppy guy that makes amazing multi-carts so at least I can play it ;)  

24 minutes ago, e5frog said:

Not familiar with the term "hoppy", but I know him better than you.   :D :D

Multi-Carts are great for playing, a single cart in the shelf (or in the machine) would not be much of a collection.  ;)

It was my attempt at a Frog pun..lol. Frogs hop..or wait, is that just rabbits?...lol

11 hours ago, Ashevent said:

I was the first bidder on this and then shit got stupid. I knew I was screwed when it was up for 9 days. I'm 3 away from whole set and this hasn't come up in over 2 years so..yeah, what's my option? sadly, it's gotten past what i'll pay for it now so congrats to whomever wants it. Last time I missed out on a "buy it now title" it sold for $20 and a week later same game was $200. Resellers are killing it lately I guess. 

It's frustrating I know. If it was going cheap I wouldn't have published it here in the hopes one of us could nab it but I felt it went into the boundaries of expensive so what's the point. I might have been tempted to pay the loose cart prices (about £65, but then shipping from Australia) if I was desperate to finish a collection and not bothered by boxes. 

I have alien invasion with instructions which I think I paid about 50 for, got a loose copy of pro football for less than that, and I have a boxed saba version of galactic space when I got a set to fill gaps. I get doubles occasionally so I'm happy to post here first from now on but it's usually unboxed, semi rare but not the rarest. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ... so I totally disassembled this bank of 5 pushbuttons .. despite my best efforts I can only get 2/5 working reliably .. I’ll look at it again this weekend.

weirdness:  whereas all five buttons on model 1 are momentary contact .. on model 2, only reset is momentary contact, the other four are momentary open when pushed (normally closed).  Anyone ever notice this?

03A12DED-4767-4EF6-80BE-A545857FD17B.jpeg