IGNORED

the official Channel F thread!

Yes, if it's a shallow cylinder with a lid, seems to be one of few ways to break these carts. It's just glued on there so it's not surprising that that happens. Later versions have square covers with a pin in each corner, the don't have that problem. While on the subject, apart from two 40 pin PSU IC:s on the really early ones they also tried tranparent silicone (? or some rubbery stuff), there's another size of square cover and late in the production a dark rubbery substance. That seems common on #22 and #19 - and it seems to have been a bad method. 

Atari2600land already linked to my site so I won't do that again. When inspiration hits me I'll rescan all of them and make pdf:s... I think I need to buy more space for that though. 

I'm going to need to buy more parts so, yes, it will help development. 

First on the hobby-agenda is to finish atari2600land's trimerous-cartridge, still some left to do on KHoL. Unfortunately it's not first priority, work and food (well all living costs) is.
As I mentioned, I have an offer option, if you want a Pac-Man cart and can't afford the suggested price. I have been selling them for around $95-120 before - but as they seem to be sold for double the money as soon as offered on eBay I thought - why not? Someone mentioned it would be clever to always have one on eBay with a reasonable price so nobody will attempt to sell one for a shit-load of money... but I guess if it's an early version the game may differ somewhat (as the game was still developed further after carts started to be sold) that one might be worth a little extra, if it's known that it's different. 

Next on the Fairchild hobby agenda is trying to work more on the reprogrammable cartridge. Simplest method is probably to use RAM, battery backup, some µP like PIC or Atmega with enough I/O and I guess a bus switch as well, to be able to disconnect the memory interface when needed and a Prolific type of device so you can send data over USB and still only have to receive data over serial interface - so it doesn't need USB stuff in the µP as well. 
Don't seem to get there though - in the last 6-7 years or so, maybe next year when the wife is done studying - and I don't get sick (again), it's mainly a question of money, you need some to buy parts, some trial and error then a prototype etc. 

I have two Pac-Man carts left, one box has a beauty mark on the back, I'll probably put it down for $666 and call it a Cindy Crawford cartridge.  :D
Reason for this is that I have two more boxes left from the 2016 batch and it's an investment to get a new set printed - that I may never sell so unless there's a sudden demand for a bunch of Pac-Man carts I guess the Pac-Man making days are over. I have been tempted on correcting some details but that will end up on the Multi-Cart in that case.