IGNORED

the official Channel F thread!

Dennis have been working on the time line for a long time, I'm guessing about 15 years or so, have a look:
http://fndcollectables.com/CHANNEL_F_INFO/U_S_/Time_Line/time_line.html

Christmas 1981 seems to be the release date for #26.

I recall some carts could only be bought by orderform directly to the company and wasn't sold from any retail store. 

According to the information it's not surprising the #19 is unusual. 

• Like 1

FYI On Ebay right now, He is taking offers but I highly doubt he'd take my counter-offer of what I can afford right now which is only about $20,  so i'll just post it here in case someone was looking for one. Also, love to hear any info you guys may have about these Evaluation Cartridges. 

*Edit, O.K. I feel dumb, just realized it's Efrog selling it..lol. Hey buddy, can you school me on these? 

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 9.39.01 AM.png

Edited by Ashevent

59 minutes ago, Ashevent said:

*Edit, O.K. I feel dumb, just realized it's Efrog selling it..lol. Hey buddy, can you school me on these? 

XD yeah I saw it the other day as well. Its a difficult one, if you offer it on bids it would probably never get to its true value, and you open it up to upsellers. I'm fascinated by these things but ultimately I'm a gamer first collector second. 

I needed some money for bills so I thought I should give it a try with a rather high price - who knows. Money issues are handled for now though, have forgotten to take it down again - apart from the mentioned bid of $20 (which would have been fine for a plain #4) there has been very little interest, 99 views, 4 watchers and no other offers.
As far as I know it's the very earliest copy of the game from the assembly line, I think Sean Riddle dumped these way back and they're the same as the later ones. This one has a very worn label compared to my other two evaluation carts (another #4 and a #5).

EDIT:
Taking it off the market. 

EDIT2:
@Ashevent, school_girl_in_a_short_dress ? Really?   :D

Edited by e5frog

I wouldn't be surprised for the console to be rare in Tunisia, so the seller adjust price for his market.

I guess with shipping from Europe he's still competitive. Prices for Saba carts rose over the last years.

On other news :

The Nordmende and Pac-man had a great success.. as far as curiosity goes.

I was sadly poorly placed so I think not everybody went and saw my stand. - FYI, the RGC welcomed 400 people, all retrogamers.

Another  nice channel f lot carts 1-21, except ha,ha you guessed it 19

On 12/8/2019 at 9:27 AM, CatPix said:

I wouldn't be surprised for the console to be rare in Tunisia, so the seller adjust price for his market.

I guess with shipping from Europe he's still competitive. Prices for Saba carts rose over the last years.

On other news :

The Nordmende and Pac-man had a great success.. as far as curiosity goes.

I was sadly poorly placed so I think not everybody went and saw my stand. - FYI, the RGC welcomed 400 people, all retrogamers.

that's a nice looking variation on the console

• Like 1

4 hours ago, masschamber said:

Another  nice channel f lot carts 1-21, except ha,ha you guessed it 19

that's a nice looking variation on the console

Yes, thanks. I did a presentation post on this very topic, page 2, but since then the picture hosting method changed and all the pics are dead links. I guess I'll have to redo it here soon.

Edited by CatPix

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Let the fun begin!  I’ll be watching from sidelines on this...

I had already bid on it before I saw it here dammit! 

im sure I’ll lose this one but I saw it earlier and had to try. I’m sure I’ll lose now that this room knows...lol.  19 and 20 are all I need but I know once it’s seen 19 is up. Shit gonna get craaaaazy. 

Edited by Ashevent