IGNORED

the official Channel F thread!

Just $200... that will go up.   ;-)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/392626921035

How to link to ebay: ebay.com or co.uk or .de or whatever /itm/ auction number   There's usually a bunch of extra data that can be removed. 
Some fora have a special eBay link thing - but you can also use the three link chain between strike through S and " (in web-browser at least). 

@Mikebloke - that sucks, ask again and point out you'll pay the extra shipping. 
I could ask a friend in NY if you need an in-between guy (and have no friends in the US). 

Edited by e5frog

9 hours ago, e5frog said:

I could ask a friend in NY if you need an in-between guy (and have no friends in the US). 

Thanks for the offer :) I think really I need to watch my spending though, so it's a good excuse to leave it and let someone else complete their collection! 

On 1/8/2020 at 6:06 AM, e5frog said:

Just $200... that will go up.   ;-)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/392626921035

How to link to ebay: ebay.com or co.uk or .de or whatever /itm/ auction number   There's usually a bunch of extra data that can be removed. 
Some fora have a special eBay link thing - but you can also use the three link chain between strike through S and " (in web-browser at least). 

Yeah that’s me, there’s a few bids under me but they haven’t gotten to my limit yet. 

Person did reply in the end, they've had another sale go bad transporting to the middle east so they are holding off shipping abroad at the moment, kind of get it so I don't blame them for keeping it US only. Good luck everyone else. 

@atari2600land big shame about that :( no luck after cleaning contacts I assume? My spitfire game had some extremely weird glitches which has now magically fixed itself.. Maybe it can still be salvaged somehow. 

Well I couldn’t go past $500, and I’ve pretty much reconciled myself to knowing that I’ll never get Checkers but it was fun to be in the running for awhile. Just need #20 still though. HOPEFULLY whoever won it was from this group or a real collector and not some re-seller that’s gonna hold checkers for hostage for some crazy ass price in a few weeks. 

48F5F524-0561-4DB8-B67A-725664862DA8.jpeg

With tax and shipping would have cost me $921, It would have been a nice starter set for anyone I guess, but I feel like even then it was collectively more than its individual games. Not too sad that I wasn't able to bid, but still crying inside how hard its going to be to get my last 3, of which that order had 2 of them ?

That relatively low ending price isn't entirely a surprise. Checkers and Slot Machine were the only real gems in the lot, and those weren't complete copies. They also weren't shown to be working, and neither was the system.  Beyond that, the listing itself had a terrible ending time of a Monday morning while potential East Coast bidders are on the road or just getting in to work, and West Coast bidders are still asleep or just waking up.

14 minutes ago, masschamber said:

and the sellers that don't understand why the auction with cart 19 went so high are trying to cash in

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Videocart-6-Fairchild-Channel-F-1977/352935063530?epid=56234875&hash=item522c91afea:g:F-wAAOSwI4teH7nZ

Not only that, 0 feedback!

• 2 weeks later...