IGNORED

the official Channel F thread!

45 minutes ago, masschamber said:

anybody looking for democart 1?

Nice catch, even a dirty one without edge label might be a nice find if it works. 
If you happen to find one of those double labeled Zircon carts with a demo-label under - it could be restored into full glory. 

Should you be looking to get a complete Chess cart set, I'm selling one on eBay at the moment.   ;-) ;-) 

18 minutes ago, e5frog said:

Nice catch, even a dirty one without edge label might be a nice find if it works. 
If you happen to find one of those double labeled Zircon carts with a demo-label under - it could be restored into full glory. 

Should you be looking to get a complete Chess cart set, I'm selling one on eBay at the moment.   ;-) ;-) 

My heart started pounding for a brief second before I realize you´re talking about Saba and not Videocart #19. ?

• 3 weeks later...

Im waiting to see if it gets re-listed. I mean that set that had the much rarer #19 went for way cheaper. I mean it looks complete and in great shape but $900? we'll see if those are actual bids. I've seen other "fake bids" drive stuff high, pull out and then the seller has to re-list. 

4 hours ago, e5frog said:

Wow, best condition I have seen. 

So it's an "all the money I can spare"-item. 

$900 is too much (for me). ;)

Nice of the seller to start off high, 20 or so people don't have to bid, hope and pray.  :D

Actually I think it started at $4, then bidder 2 and 3 gone up to 900.

Yes I did wonder if its a fake bid, but then did the second person just keep bidding for the sake of seeing how high it would go up? 

• 2 weeks later...

Played some Multicart today. This is the best thing that has ever happened to me while playing Channel F:

slotmachine.jpg.d7591855a6d44f2ffc293bbc5f30c508.jpg

The picture quality seems to fade in and out. I pull on the cord connected to the TV and that fixes it sometimes, so I think it might have something to do with that. But I don't want to mess with it for fear of breaking it...

Yeah, I’m actively looking for one of those for three or four years now. 

It’s been two years since I’ve seen the last one on eBay. It went for some insane amount of money (USD 760 or 780 IIRC) but apparently that was an unmissable opportunity. ? 

Edited by lazzeri
Typo

10 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

I hope when a copy does come up we can still all be friends.

Sure. It'd probably be too much money for me to even bid on anyway.

#15 came. It didn't want to work very well in the beginning, but apparently as I played it more, the better it got. Now it works fine. I guess it hasn't been played since shortly after it was bought or something? I wonder why it didn't come with the manual and box then.

On 4/11/2020 at 7:14 PM, atari2600land said:

Yeah, I'll probably never get Checkers.

My Channel F collection is only missing Videocarts 6, 19, 22, and 25 (well, and Democart).

That's probably just the way it's going to be, and I've made peace with it.

It's not like I'd be playing a lot of slot machine, poker, checkers, or basic math games anyway. ?