IGNORED

the official Channel F thread!

Thought I'd throw this out there - I have an un-working Videocart-12 that I'd love to send to anyone, free of charge, who wishes to repurpose or needs a cartridge for their homebrew or other needs.

I also have a loose end label that belongs to a text-label Videocart-2 with the F on it that I'm not sure what to do with. If anyone wants that I'll throw it in an envelope and mail it to you as well.

23 minutes ago, poppalarge said:

Thought I'd throw this out there - I have an un-working Videocart-12 that I'd love to send to anyone, free of charge, who wishes to repurpose or needs a cartridge for their homebrew or other needs.

I also have a loose end label that belongs to a text-label Videocart-2 with the F on it that I'm not sure what to do with. If anyone wants that I'll throw it in an envelope and mail it to you as well.

PM sent. Always looking for cart shells.

On 6/29/2020 at 2:15 AM, Atari_Bill said:

Absolute insanity.  I’m not sure if this is a case of a few people to which money means nothing or if Channel F has legitimately increased in value. 

It must be the first + lockdown, these weren't the prices we were paying 12 or even 6 months ago. Its just a bit daft, even checkers comes out regularly enough on ebay that anyone who wants a copy will get one eventually I'm sure.

7 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

It must be the first + lockdown, these weren't the prices we were paying 12 or even 6 months ago. Its just a bit daft, even checkers comes out regularly enough on ebay that anyone who wants a copy will get one eventually I'm sure.

Whatever the reason, this should be a pretty good tell of the market.  Personally I’d love to have that extra box!  I’m not sure I agree with it being that available though.  Aside from the 2 back to back here, I haven’t seen but maybe 1 per year come up over the last 5 years.  

While we wait to see how high double box Checkers will go for, does anyone know why my version 1 Channel F would suddenly stop sending a visual output? The sound still comes out of the system, but the video is nowhere to be found anymore.

I have it running through a VCR and then a distribution amp, and I have also tried running it directly into the TV to no avail.

i made a channelf album containing both originals and covers. you can listen to it here if you want: https://kleeder.bandcamp.com/album/press-f-to-pay-respect

all the tracks are rendered with mame because im not able to play them via real hardware atm. if you wanna play them yourself, heres a folder with all .bin files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YP_UHYxd9pmN7NrLi8bnp86SpH5QdVjZ

sorry for abusing my first post here for blatant self promotion xD i'll try to be active here in the future tho

1 hour ago, poppalarge said:

Loose Checkers for $2,247 last week. Double boxed copy just went for $1,525. Interesting turn of events.

I don’t get it.  Horrible deal for the buyer of the last one, but the person in second place for the last one won this one and has to be ecstatic!  A better copy with 2 boxes for $700 less.  Great deal!

Edited by Atari_Bill

45 minutes ago, e5frog said:

Not unless I really have to.
We'll run out of high paying bidders eventually - when all of them has a copy. 

Well, hopefully you never encounter circumstances that force you to sell away your labor of love.

But if you ever do decide to sell, I'll be here!

I just got home and saw how it ended. The seller was very foolish to end that listing at 5pm ET (2PM PT) on a Thursday. The $2,200 incomplete copy had a very well calculated ending time on a Sunday night when people would actually be around to bid on it and to snipe it. The seller also should have sold that second box separately, perhaps with a moderately high BIN. It won't be a surprise to see the buyer do exactly that.