IGNORED

Stella Gets a New Brain value

tkarner

I recently sold my original Stella CD in like new condition for $65. I saw online people asking $125+ but that is ridiulous to me. Maybe my buyer was looking to resell but it took awhile before someone would pay $65 for mine - I pretty much had given up and figured Id have it moving forward.

As others mention you can make your own from files online - I believe you can purchase an original manual for $5 so it wouldnt really cost much to make your own.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi All, any advice would be appreciated. I recently bought a Supercharger from the AA Facebook Marketplace Page and later found out about the Stella Gets a New Brain CD.

I search online and found the games in Mp3 Format.

Do I just make an audio CD converting the MP3s into wav files?

Did the original CD have have MP3 Files? or some kind of menu system?

Thanks for anytime spent on this newbie question :)

So NoSwearGamer on Youtube did some Supercharger videos recently and mentioned that the Stella Gets a New Brain CD is currently going for $200... Really? Is that right? If true, you might see mine up for sale shortly.

I was offered $150 for mine not long ago. So.. If they're going for that, cool. To be an ass, I'd undercut everyone else! :)

Play them from your phone. Just plug your phone (or mp3 player) straight into the SuperCharger.

Nice, never thought of that.

Ive been checking this thread as I have a sealed stella, I have always been scared to open it as I could never establish a value. Since you mentioned that, i'll just do that with my phone. Thanks!

• Like 1

Yeah, no. Its not like its a glass master CD, their all burned as far as I'm aware. You can get the IMG and burn your own....then again, people pay for convenience, and ignorance so...

No, both versions were released as commercial "glass mastered" silver pressings with professionally screened labels. Not CD-R's. I bought both new BITD.

Searching the net to show a quick pic, ran across this... pretty sure that's OSRG holding up his copy! :lol:

post-13896-0-01934300-1524168728.jpeg

• Like 2

No, both versions were released as commercial "glass mastered" silver pressings with professionally screened labels. Not CD-R's. I bought both new BITD.

Searching the net to show a quick pic, ran across this... pretty sure that's OSRG holding up his copy! :lol:

attachicon.gifBB197157-5732-4AFC-9463-A2A255CF4EEC.jpeg

lol That was unexpected, yep that's me! :lol: From a blog entry I did a couple years ago about the Starpath Supercharger. I never did get my own. :P Now I kind of

want one again, sure I can play most games on my Harmony Cart but would be cool to load as intended.

Here is my original Blog about it. http://www.atari.io/starpath-supercharger-atari-2600/

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 2