IGNORED

New Coleco RGB board?

SiLic0ne t0aD

The snes multi out requires a square hole to be cut in the console shell and is a lot more work.  Also you would have to either cannibalize another console for the connector, or 3D print one and get a pcb manufactured.  Just make sure the connector is made with hard gold on the edge connector.  Also the standard snes cable has extra capacitors and resistors in the cable that you would have to compensate for on the mod pcb to get a proper signal.  Assuming the mod board is properly attenuated.

Edited by zanaxe

Sorry, what I meant was if the mod board was not designed to work with an SNES cable, you shouldn't use an SNES cable.  To save costs on the consoles, Nintendo and Sega put some of the necessary passive components for RGB in the cable itself instead of the consoles.  I don't know enough about that mod board to know what modifications would be required in order to support an SNES cable.

16 hours ago, Retro_Game_Lover96 said:

The R23 has the SMD resistor code, 562 which is 5.6k Ohms. While the OSHPark says 5K6.

B03F8548-B147-4547-AA0B-E189F55DC913.jpeg

Unless something has changed in electronics labeling I'm not aware of...5.6K and 5K6 are the same thing. Just two different ways of writing it with the 5K6 being more correct.

• Like 1

Oh wow, I am so divorced from the origins of this thread, and have done the exact thing I was complaining about.

Reminds me of the defining moment when the power shifted in my marriage:

Her cat: Isis
Me: "What a stupid name of a cat. Who names a cat something with two S sounds in it?"
Her: "What, like Sassy?"
My cat: Sassy

Sorry Retro_Game_Lover, and go right ahead :D

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Retro_Game_Lover96 said:

I got it working on the PVM, but the sync issue and all green, so any ideas how to fix?

It appears that you have fused all the jumpers.  They should remain unconnected.  They bypass the pots, making them useless.

With the jumpers unbridged, you can adjust the pots to attempt to get proper hues.  Each one adjusts a different color.

7 minutes ago, MrPix said:

Oh wow, I am so divorced from the origins of this thread, and have done the exact thing I was complaining about.

Me: "What a stupid name of a cat. Who names a cat something with two S sounds in it?"

:) Yeah you should probably start a dedicated new thread when you release your new mod.

5 hours ago, MrPix said:

If it makes you feel any better, I actually forgot this was the Citrus3000psi thread too. ?