IGNORED

2017 Game Of The Year?

mr_intv

OMG! I just went through this entire thread. I guess I should have been prepared when a one-day-old thread already has 6 pages. :o

Anyway, I'm with Ignorama in this: All this drama and animosity in the community comes from homebrews. They are the root of all evil and we should destroy them all. All homebrew programmers should be put against a wall and shot... twice!

Down with homebrews! Kill all homebrew programmers!

Oh... wait!

• Like 1

OMG! I just went through this entire thread. I guess I should have been prepared when a one-day-old thread already has 6 pages. :o

Anyway, I'm with Ignorama in this: All this drama and animosity in the community comes from homebrews. They are the root of all evil and we should destroy them all. All homebrew programmers should be put against a wall and shot... twice!

Oh... wait!

lol

There was no animosity or anything this all started from a publisher getting his back up with a comment about a certain game and a personal opinion on why they were not going to vote for it for game of the year compared to another game in their opinion was a little more polished when released.. Which was stated in a polite way with no malice intended.. That's all period ext..

Nothing to do with anything else, Homebrews, publishers, programmers ext....

A lot of work is done by a lot of people in this community... with homebrews and such... Which everyone appreciates for sure..

Cheers

• Like 1

Oh... wait!

lol but this did give me a laugh this morning...

Cheers DZ

OMG!

Oh... wait!

Sure, but before programmers, let's start with forum billboarders, then publishers, then hoarders, then whiners, THEN programmers...there are few enough that we can just play a few rounds of gunfight with real guns until last man standing. Last one can jump into the Grand Canyon...

Yeah, I say allow all 2017 games. If it's a reissue without significant updates, it's disqualified if it participated in a previous year. Every game should be allowed to run once.

Well I guess who ever starts the polling thread for Game of the Year 2017, Will decide.. ;)

With all this debate , debating on what to put in the 2017 Game of the Year vote thread. Just throw all 2017 game releases in and let the voting begin. lol

Cheers

we might break the releases into multiple categories as we did last year, but we should keep in mind that in 2016 we had 15 new releases, in 2017 only 7. In some categories it would be a competition with 2 contendants: for example, for the category "Best bootleg/hack/update-physical release" we had 7 titles in 2016, only 2 this year.

By the way, for me it doesn't matter the way we do it. But let's do it!

Edited by intellivotion

back to topic

we have actually some different options.

no discussion (or at least I believe so...) that the following games can be included in the poll (strictly in alphabetical order):

- Hotel Bunny

- Jawcrusher

- Jr. Pac-Man

- Moon Blast

- Oregon Trail

The remaining titles are:

- Fight For The Cup Super Pro Hockey

- Sydney Hunter & The Sacred Tribe (Standard Edition)

- Laser Sharks (cartridge)

- Space Beaver (Mattel Version)

- BC's Quest for Tires (Standard Edition)

- The Lost Caves of Kroz (re-release)

Personally, among those I would only include Fight For The Cup Super Pro Hockey and Space Beaver in the poll. There are major differences between their ROM and those of the previously released versions (Super Pro Hockey and Space C*nt) and in my opinion that's enough to make me consider them as new releases. It actually happened the same last year with Mystic Castle, Super Pro Baseball and also Lock'n'Chase Collapsing Lupin in the Legacy Version of the GOTY.
I would not include Sydney Hunter & The Sacred Tribe (Standard Edition) and BC's Quest for Tires (Standard Edition) because a new packaging (with or without new artwork) doesn't change the fact that the games are the same as the already released ones. It would be like to judge a book we have already read by its new cover.
I would not even include Laser Sharks because it's just a Stand-Alone Easter Egg of another game, moreover included in the poll, put into a cart. If one wants to vote for Laser Sharks as GOTY he may simply give his vote to Moon Blast
Lastly, I don't know if the copies of The Lost Caves of Kroz released last year differ somehow from the ones made before. And if they do, in what way?
SoulBuster, enlighten us

No Changes. Just are-release after being gone for months.