Elias2600

Atari 5200 Flashback

On 1/31/2019 at 8:56 AM, Elias2600 said:

So the Controller case was a fail. Need some internal redesign.....

Why not just make your console compatible with existing 5200-compatible controllers already out on the market, we can then use our favorites with this unit, I already have a Redemption 5200 for 2600/7800 controllers as well as some Best Electronics-modded OEM (CX52) stock controllers and the Trak-Ball (CX53). Other than that just use both an HDMI output and composite a/v jacks and also the power supply jack (preferably a micro-USB jack running at 5v, like the current Flashback 9 I use has) and it will be fine.

Here you go, perhaps I myself can inspire you as I put this post up a few months back:

On 12/1/2019 at 2:02 AM, BIGHMW said:

Why not just make your console compatible with existing 5200-compatible controllers already out on the market, we can then use our favorites with this unit, I already have a Redemption 5200 for 2600/7800 controllers as well as some Best Electronics-modded OEM (CX52) stock controllers and the Trak-Ball (CX53). Other than that just use both an HDMI output and composite a/v jacks and also the power supply jack (preferably a micro-USB jack running at 5v, like the current Flashback 9 I use has) and it will be fine.

sorry for not replying for so long .iwas busy ,sadly here in germany 5200s are kinda hard to get and i also wanted to learn through this project more about 3d printing and modeling thats why i didnt went with the original stuff.

also my reason of making this is that the 5200 is such a piece of shit that they would never make a flashback .so this was more of a joke project

Edited by Elias2600

On 11/30/2019 at 4:29 PM, coachbrj said:

Any updates? This is great so far.

thanks . i finished the main unit.gonna post some photos later

Edited by Elias2600
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elias2600 said:

thanks . i finished the main unit.gonna post some photos later

We're looking forward to seeing your work 😊