nosweargamer

Does Kool-Aid Man Have An Ending?

The manual says the game has 13 levels (although you can use the difficulty options to skip some of the earlier levels).

Does anyone know what happens if you beat level 13? Is there an ending? Does it loop? Does it just end showing your final score?

I can't even get to level 10 myself, and no one I know has been able to even reach the 13th level.

It ends by having Kool-Aid Man break through your wall, saying "Oh yeah..."

lmao !!! Good one Eric..

• Like 1

It ends by having Kool-Aid Man break through your wall, saying "Oh yeah..."

This needs to be in the VR remake! :P

That's an odd video. Intellivision koolaid man normally has smooth scrolling, not what you see in that video. I wonder what emulator they used.

And that "oh yeah" animation happens at the completion of every level.

Edited by mr_me

Jokes aside, I'd love to know the actual answer to this one too. People at TASVideos have been doing tool-assisted speedruns for Intellivision lately; problem is that this game is too slow and "unsexy" for that to be a likely possibility.

So your post #2 was simply a speculation, then? Or have you seen someone beat Level 13?

I took it as a joke. Technically, Kool-Aid man does it twice a level, once after each child part, but not at the end of the level (In each level you control the kids, then Kool-Aid Man, then the kids again, then Kool-Aid Man and then you move onto the next level)

Could he show up at the end of the 13th level? Maybe. Does the game freeze after the 13th level showing you your final score? Maybe. Does it just loop the 13th level. Maybe.

I was just hoping someone here knew, but I have yet to find anyone who has ever made it that far.

Yeah, we can guess or assume what might happen at the end of Level 13, but it'd be great to know what actually happens for sure. There have been a few games that surprised me at the end!

• Like 1

Should start another highly valued IntelliSpecial® Poll:

Do you still play Kool-Aid Man?

Do you still drink Kool-Aid?

If you answered yes to either... why? :rolling:

• Like 1

I do remember playing in the Kool-Aid Man phase as a kid and catching the second of the Thirsties at the far right edge of the playfield a few times.  Since the screen pans slightly to the right to display your score for a few seconds before returning to the kids' phase, it might go one background card beyond where it should, and display garbage on the far right side of the screen, which I think was GROM card 116, yellow foreground.

When I saw that as a kid, I thought it was the shingles from a neighboring house, seen close-up, and I wondered why the kids never ran to the neighbors' house to call the police and report they had been kidnapped by the Thirsties.

• Like 1