Dude, seriously... My favorite Gameboy game is for you to sptop posting threads just to promote your videos. You've already done one. People interested already subscribed to you. Now you can leave it. Your youtube subscribers will be notified when you have a new video. At least if you had the decency of posting your list with the link of the video this would be less insulting, but not a single word? Seriously? That's pretty low.

• Like 5

You tell 'em Leods! We don't be taking kindly to that sorta business round here. Don't matter how many hours you spent in MS Paint making them fancy pictures, you best be typing words on that clickety-clackety keyboard if you're a wanting to articulate yourself in a way that'll make folks reply all nice like. Now get off my lawn and go wash your hands before supper, or Ma'll be taking a switch to you; and she don't got none of them new fangled Nintendos.

Edited by Jin
  • Like 2

Dude, seriously... My favorite Gameboy game is for you to sptop posting threads just to promote your videos. You've already done one. People interested already subscribed to you. Now you can leave it. Your youtube subscribers will be notified when you have a new video. At least if you had the decency of posting your list with the link of the video this would be less insulting, but not a single word? Seriously? That's pretty low.

So what you're saying is that all he has to do is change the title of his spam threads from "Top Ten" to "Hidden Gems" and he gets a free pass?

• Like 1

So what you're saying is that all he has to do is change the title of his spam threads from "Top Ten" to "Hidden Gems" and he gets a free pass?

LOL. Well, to me personally it's about the same. I seriously liked your post. I don't even understand why people do this. Is it for the couple hundred bucks a month, or for the "fame"?

Now Since I'm posting anyway, I like Mega Man II and Burai fighter on the GB I guess. I don't even know too many original GB games, and I need to get to playing some of the games I got on there.

Here are ten of my most favorite monochrome Game Boy games :

Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge

Final Fantasy Adventure

Kirby's Dream Land

The Legend of Zelda : Link's Awakening

Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge

Metroid II: Return of Samus

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

Pokemon Red or Blue

Tetris

Wario Land 2

I could easily add many more.

Hit-and-run self-promotion notwithstanding, I'll take the opportunity to list some games I like for a system I rarely discuss:

Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2
Tetris
Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (GBC)
Metroid II
Daedalian Opus

Double Dragon
Operation C

Turok 2: Seeds Of Evil (GBC)

Alleyway

When I was a kid I loved the TMNT games and Castlevania II, but I'm not that big on them now. I have to be in the mood.

Edited by BassGuitari
  • Like 1

Personally, something has to be really special before I waste time watching a video. I like reading about what people like (lists are OK if they have some kind of commentary) because I can read it fast, and a good list MIGHT entice me to watch the video, but I have to be interested first.

Random "top tens" are usually pretty stupid...one of the reasons I never really liked Letterman much.

And you can't really speed watch a video, although a transcript in the post would probably work, but nobody does that.

• Like 1

*snip*

I'm with the others, you need to knock off spamming for subs. WRITE SOMETHING. I refuse to watch the video and reported it as spam too and can hope I'm not the only one.

That said, a top 10 for the system as long as it lasted is hard.

Tetris, Super Mario Land 2, Kirby's Dream Land 2, Gradius Interstellar Assault, Castlevania II Belmont's Revenge, Gargoyle's Quest, Mega Man V, Legend of Zelda Links Awakening DX, Final Fantasy Adventure, and Donkey Kong I think work. I hate having it so 1st party weighted. In all fairness I'd love to see a top 1st party top 3rd party list of 10. :) I think the variety would expand a lot.

I feel like I have played the Gameboy a lot, but I had a hard time coming up with 10 games.

Donkey Kong
Dragon Warrior III <Struck as only for GBC
Final Fantasy Legend III (in here for my wife)
Game and Watch Gallery (multiple)
Kirby's Pinball
Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Metroid II
Revenge of the Gator
Super RC Pro AM
Tetris

I just never really liked Mario games for the sake of Mario. I think I was too old to really get into that series, and I didn't ever click with any of the Mario games on the GB. By the time fncking Wario came around, I just couldn't be bothered.

Same with Pokemon. I was just too old and I've never gone back.

Honestly, the games I played in the heyday were pretty much sh!t except for Tetris and RC Pro AM. Its after the fact that I've played some of the better games for the GB and even then I tend to stick to the games that offer a quick experience vs a longer adventure. I may have more time in the Game and Watch galleries than any other Gameboy game.

Oh, and I'm not watching some random dude's video.

Aww you haters. I didn't watch it, but my favorites for DMG would be...

Donkey Kong, often called dk94, and a great reason to have the super gameboy.

Super Mario land, like bros for new, and many unique characters and gameplay mechanics in here. Fireball collects coins and ricochets around the screen

Super Mario land 2. Like Mario world in many ways, looks great and a lot of fun.

Tetris. Who didn't have this great time waster back in the day?

Pokemon yellow. Pikachu follows you like the show, otherwise its just red/blue.

Dr Mario, a different take on puzzles, and a lot of fun, love the music.

Teenage mutant ninja turtles. Side scrolling beat em up, I still love this one to this day, despite being slow and rather easy.

Qix,great fast paced game, harvest parts of the screen while avoiding being exploded by various things.

Zelda links awakening. Much like the SNES link to the past, one of the best RPG style games of the era.

Game and watch. Several carts featuring Nintendo's old 70-80s single function handhelds.

Getting honorary mention would be pokemon pinball, a kick ass pinball game with color support and vibration feedback.

Good grief, it's been probably 20-25 years since I messed with an 'old school' Game Boy.

I'll try to go from what i remember:

Pokemon Red

Super Mario Land

Tetris

Castlevania Adventure(?)

TMNT

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Heiankyo Alien

Lode Runner

Metroid 2: Return of Samus(?)

F1 Racing

Good grief, it's been probably 20-25 years since I messed with an 'old school' Game Boy.

Really? What do you use then? I mean you still can have a favorite set of non-GBC titles and go with using the Advance I suppose as most would. I'm nuts though, in my desk drawer I have an original with 4 batteries in it next to a 101 modded cobalt blue SP. Kind of keeps everything in check that way.

I kind of regret throwing the 'DX' version of Zelda on there. That list was meant to be just original pre-GBC (black or see through dedicated) games only, nothing GBC related at all. I'd probably swap out Zelda for Pokemon Yellow, then put that DX Link's Awakening on a top10 GBC list. GBC was crazy as it has a relatively short (4~) year good life to it yet it had some insane quality bouncing off a decade worth of solid GB programming learning behind people so they knew how to really exploit the hell out of it, especially if they went into a dedicated mode only cart. Then you're jumping into the bigs like SMB DX, Metal Slug, Cannon Fodder, Warlocked, Dragon's Lair, Dragon Warrior III, Wendy's Every Witch Way and more.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Well, for what it's worth, here's my top 10 for the original black-and-white Game Boy:

1 ) The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening

2 ) Mega Man IV

3 ) Bionic Commando

4 ) Gargoyle's Quest

5 ) Mega Man V

6 ) Metroid II - Return of Samus

7 ) Castlevania II - Belmont's Revenge

8 ) Batman

9 ) Donkey Kong '95

10 ) Boxxle

• Like 1