IGNORED

What are you playing on iOS/droid/mobile?

Hmm maybe I need to look more into it. Screen captures had me thinking it was more live played like a MMO/COOP RPG style game like Guild Wars or perhaps like Mass Effect. I didn't realize it was turn based combat, because in that case touch would work best. I was paranoid about having to kung finger fu some crap trying to slice up someone with a light saber and not get wrecked first fighting that more than the dude on screen trying to kill me. I don't care much for the idea of digital but it would make it far easier for me to actually bother committing to play when I can just whip the phone out and go for it.

Well having never touched or bothered to even look at KOTOR other than superficially because it was on the lame xbox at the time I knew nothing of it.

It's halfway between Baldur's Gate (turn based, emphasis on party and stats) and Mass Effect (slick graphics, emphasis on story). I prefer the slow pace of KOTOR to Mass Effect's reliance on "twitch" gameplay.

• Like 1

I dislike twitch play, gets old fast. I was able to put up with ME2 and it's extra packages when they rolled it up on one disc but when I tried the other games I got fed up fast. This being between there and Baldur's Gate is encouraging. I'll have to figure out how to set some time aside and check it out. Thanks.

• Like 1

I dislike twitch play, gets old fast. I was able to put up with ME2 and it's extra packages when they rolled it up on one disc but when I tried the other games I got fed up fast. This being between there and Baldur's Gate is encouraging. I'll have to figure out how to set some time aside and check it out. Thanks.

30 hours ... but once you get off Taris (the first world that takes up the first third of the game) things really heat up and get interesting.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9111

That's great that game got another chance. I barely touch android in the last year or so but I did buy it on there like just before it was removed and found it to be a pretty solid game on mobile. I'm kind of tempted to grab the app just for my iphone. I wonder if Sega will bring other mobile classics they quietly killed like Golvellius.

Golvellius was from DotEmu on mobile. They've brought back other old games, but not this one. https://toucharcade.com/2009/09/22/golvellius-the-valley-of-doom-retro-80s-port-arrives/

Yes - Sega Forever has been good about digging up stuff previously lost to the 64-bit transition. I wasn't expecting Afterburner since it was delisted on PS3/xb360. I'd like to see the return of House of the Dead and Jet Set Radio, in addition to "new" games. Bring on Panzer Dragoon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's very pretty, and it's fun for a while. I got to the point where it was clear that I had seen all the "new" stuff it had to offer, and the rest was going to be grind. That' describes a lot of RPGs though. It's free, so give it a try and see how you like it.

They cut the timer times in half which made aspects of it a bit more tolerable. I should come back to it but haven't found the mood or time.

I didn't put any money into it. I had high hopes for liking it more than I did, and that it would hook me in a way that would make we want to play Skyrim. Didn't work.

• 1 month later...

I've had Battlevoid Harbinger for a long time (it had a different name when I first bought it) but I avoided starting it because it looked complex. It's not. It's like the old Star Trek games where you explore territory and watch out for (and usually fight) enemies. They have a cloud save system so you can save your progress between desktop, android, and iOS, much like Crashlands. I wish I had played it earlier!

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2019 at 8:36 PM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I've not once downloaded any mobile games and I never will. I have a few emulators but rarely play them. Touchscreens are not a good replacement for real buttons.

for some games its a non issue honestly especially with motion controls added in and you can add a bluetooth controller etc to the mix