IGNORED

What are you playing on iOS/droid/mobile?

What's the word on Elder Scrolls Blades?  After seeing it have a seamless transition of data between mobile and SWITCH I went and downloaded it earlier ago but I did Dragalia Lost basically all day so I haven't tried it.

Can that one be really played without being slighted by the game or harassed about buying stuff so you can succeed?  It gives me kind of a Infinity Blade vibe slightly and I've got the first two of that, but 2 was kind of a let down so I didn't get the last one.

• Like 2

Blades on mobile still says "Early Access" when you launch it but I'm not sure how much has changed since launch. The biggest improvement was the removal of multi-hour timers before you can open a treasure chest, and I think they cut the prices of stuff in the store. I played for a while and I don't remember feeling pressure to buy anything. It's a grind though. 

Blades is free and has very good graphics (as nice as Infinity Blade, which is not receiving future support), and of you can stomach the free-to-play aspects of Dragalia Lost, you should give it a try. 

It's time consuming, repetitive, and lacks the epic scope of a big Elder Scrolls game, but what it does, it does well. I'm glad to hear they'll support cross-save with Switch. When that version comes out ("spring 2020" is any minute now) I wonder if they'll continue future development?

Might as well give it a start. It should be nice on Switch with hard controls. 

Dragalia Lost wants lengthy downloads every time I start it. People still seem to like it. Seems spammy with the free to play to me but are you enjoying it past the intro?

• Like 3

@digdugnate I know the feeling -- I still prefer my phone, but Switch is pretty great too. They're two great tastes that taste great together. 

TouchArcade has a regular SwitchArcade roundup which covers my interests nicely. Shaun is well versed in retro and has excellent taste in games. Info on sales, too. 

the latest

https://toucharcade.com/2020/03/27/switcharcade-round-up-the-latest-nintendo-direct-brought-surprises-saints-row-iv-re-elected-and-todays-other-new-releases-the-latest-sales-and-more/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Blades on mobile still says "Early Access" when you launch it but I'm not sure how much has changed since launch. The biggest improvement was the removal of multi-hour timers before you can open a treasure chest, and I think they cut the prices of stuff in the store. I played for a while and I don't remember feeling pressure to buy anything. It's a grind though. 

Blades is free and has very good graphics (as nice as Infinity Blade, which is not receiving future support), and of you can stomach the free-to-play aspects of Dragalia Lost, you should give it a try. 

It's time consuming, repetitive, and lacks the epic scope of a big Elder Scrolls game, but what it does, it does well. I'm glad to hear they'll support cross-save with Switch. When that version comes out ("spring 2020" is any minute now) I wonder if they'll continue future development?

Dragalia Lost wants lengthy downloads every time I start it. People still seem to like it. Seems spammy with the free to play to me but are you enjoying it past the intro?

Exactly this. Its OK, never felt the need to spend money but got lost in the see of games out there, I can only focus on 3-4 'free' games like this not much more.

14 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

@cimerians is RAID any fun? I see ads for it constantly and it seems to have good graphics. Is it yet another card collector like Star Wars Heroes, and is it fun as a free to play?

The Reddit group /apphookup has been posting a lot of freebies lately. Monument Valley for free is a must have. 

It's basically Star Wars heroes but a fantasy setting…from all the free games I've played this one and maybe empires and puzzles are probably ‘worth’ it. All of those types of games are grinds unless you pay up but it just seems that in Raid you're always getting something, they're always giving you crap so you're not totally ‘stuck’ if you know what I mean. After a while it does get a little boring I have it on auto battle half the time and lately I've just been logging in to make sure my characters auto level. If you don't play much you can always put them in this thing called an Arena in your town and they automatically level up for you so you don't actually have to play the game every day it's kind of cool. They allow crossplay with every device along with their PC version unlike Marvel puzzle quest. 

The thing that got me hooked on it was the variety of characters you get and the equipment you can customize on each of them. Gameplay is just like Star Wars heroes, turn based with autobattle as an option for grinding etc. there's also a bunch of Raid clans that you can join that don't require you to play constantly every day I'm in one that at the very least asks you log in once a day.   You can always try it out and then just stop after a while, which I do for a lot of free games lol. Although as I mentioned earlier i still log into this one every day and a few others on my list. Overall I have to recommend at least trying it cause it's worth experiencing at the very least, there' lots of garbage out there and this one isn't one of them IMO although the ads they pepper you with when you first load up is annoying. Again a lot of games like this do the same thing. 

• Thanks 1

@cimerians thanks for the word on RAID. I am of the opinion that if something earns my time, it can have some of my money. 

My game of choice for this style of character collector is Star Trek Timelines. In many years into it so it's hard to start another thing like it. Star Wars Heroes should do it but it's not as fun for me somehow. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I downloaded it and tried it for a couple hours at least and got up to I think lv7.  I've taken on mostly 1 skull but did a couple 3 skull things.  I think it's a far better game than infinity blade that's for sure, not sure how grindy or spammy it is, doesn't seem all that slow.  I just see it as something you do for 10min or 2hours when you care to, not something to beat the crap out of and finish in some manic short game.  I haven't felt a need to blow money either yet, but I could see annoyance on an item being tempered wasting time or little bits like that, but they are so far decent on the gems.

Dragalia Lost though, there really aren't much F2P aspects to it unless you really want to be somewhat to grossly impatient.  There's not a single aspect to that game that would make you want to spend money unless you just felt the need you'd have to as they hand out a ridiculous amount of freebies during their 6mo events, and then the standard raid/event stuff too.  I've not had to deal with many lengthy downloads, not sure what's happening on your end as those tend to only happen now and again with a large overhaul-ish sized update.  Typically they seem to range from like 5-100MB and take just a few moments on 4G.  I've been playing it since it came out so I know the ins and outs of it very very well.  I've cracked into every aspect, even a little of the nastiest bits which are Agito and High Dragon which neither are needed to enjoy the game at all, it's more of a masters area for those who want to get into intricate party building and crafting of specific skills, weapons, and perk cards called wyrmprints which can max out stock at lv80 or lv100(5 star) and then further boosted +100 on HP and ATK if you care to tack that on too.  The game has a level of complexity you would normally feel you'd find in a full blown home game adventure.  The franchise screams for a real adventure RPG, RPG, whatever, something with a start, middle, and end with sequels as the writing on it is amazingly well done and deep far deeper than any gatcha game deserves to be.

To get a taste of the depths, this site here is a solid resource on the characters, events, etc. https://gamepress.gg/dragalialost/

For those getting into the crazy depth of the high ball stuff or just to craft a damn good character someone created a DPS(damage per second) simulator. https://mushymato.github.io/dl-sim-vue/#/

This is also a gem of a building site for characters to handle the various bits of the game: https://dragalialost.info/stats/en

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I hopped on here to yell about how Lara Croft Go is free right now, but it's on that list  ?

I rarely play games on my phone/tablet, but Hitman and Lara Croft Go were 2 that completely won me over.  

speaking of SquareEnix, Final Fantasy Record Keeper is still banging around.  I want to say they just did their Fifth Anniversary stuff.

there's lots of bang for your buck- I don't think I spent a single dime on it.

Edited by digdugnate
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

Thank goodness I resisted the Square Enix sale on Switch. There's no way I can play thru all those 30 hour games, half price or not. 

They only got me for one game because i already picked up ff7 and 8 on eshop and had physical Switch copy of X/X-2. Mrs. Digdug has ff12 and Collection of Mana on cartridge. 

I ended up snagging Chocobo Mystery Dungeon since its a good time-waster.

We're the worst kind of whales, really. Lol

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 8:23 PM, 0078265317 said:

Also downloaded (bought) nba2k20 today.  Now just got to figure out how to make the initial charecter.

I finally figured it out.  Youtube videos are not very descriptive. And there is no manual.  But basically you keep clicking advanced.  The after 3 or 4 you get the name option.  Then you type your name.  Then click advanced again and it says save character.  Then you save and it boots to let you play the game.

On 3/31/2020 at 9:02 PM, Flojomojo said:

Thank goodness I resisted the Square Enix sale on Switch. There's no way I can play thru all those 30 hour games, half price or not. 

Feel the same.  I would have cracked had they put iOS Dragon Quest 4 up on the 50% block as that has been a long while.  It's easier to justify on there as it's always in my pocket and therefore easier to just pick up anywhere anytime without any effort at all.

• 1 month later...