IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 21st 2018

Pixelboy

Hello ColecoVision fans.

Lately, I've been receiving e-mails from people who have expressed concern about the state of their pre-orders of Team Pixelboy games, and although I wanted to wait a little bit longer before posting this news bulletin, I think I should just set the record straight right now, and then afterwards direct anyone with questions to this forum thread instead of typing out long-winded e-mail replies over and over again.

A few weeks ago (a couple of days before January 1st) I updated teampixelboy.com by moving the latest releases (Ghostbusters, Secret of the Moai, Wizard of Wor, etc.) from the "ongoing projects" to the "completed projects" section of the web site. I did this because I shipped a few copies of these games to a few selected people during the Christmas break, and in my book, once I ship a complete-in-box copy of a game to someone, then that means this game is officially released. Usually, the moving of games to the "completed projects" section of the web site coincides with me starting to honor all pre-orders and shipping games to customers.

However, the current situation is different, and far more complicated, than previous years: Many customers are not only waiting for the latest Team Pixelboy releases, but also for boxes of budget games (for which they received only the cartridges and manuals so far). So my plan was (and still is) to wait until I've received the last lot of budget game boxes from the printer company before I start shipping everything. The goal is the ship the budget boxes together with the new games, in one single package, for each customer.

The good news at this point is that the final lot of budget games boxes is currently on its way to me as I write this, and I'm actually expecting to receive them within the next 3 or 4 days (and this is the main reason why I wanted to delay this news bulletin). But that doesn't mean that the wait is almost over. Far from it, for the greater majority of my customers.

Right now, I have roughly 40 copies of each new Team Pixelboy game ready to ship. These copies are reserved for customers who paid for these games way back in 2015, and all of them are also waiting for budget game boxes. So when I receive the last budget boxes from the printer, my first order of business will be to ship the games and budget boxes to those customers who have been waiting for a very long time. That alone is going to keep me busy for a while.

Once that first group of pending pre-orders will have been processed, I will be faced with the challenge of gluing over 530 more boxes and assembling over 530 more cartridges, in order to honor all the remaining pre-orders. And of course, many of those remaining customers are also waiting for budget boxes, so I think you can perfectly understand when I say that I'll be busy gluing boxes, assembling cartridges, processing orders, buying shipping boxes and preparing/shipping packages over the next couple of months. I'm just one guy doing this, I have an 8-to-5 job, I go to the gym three times a week, and I have all kinds of real-life stuff to take care of, so I manage my available free time accordingly, as best I can.

So to you who is asking "when am I going to receive the game(s) I pre-ordered", my answer for now is simply "I don't know". I haven't decided yet who I'm going to prioritize after the first group of pending pre-orders. But the bottom line is that I won't stop until every pre-ordered game on my waiting lists has been shipped. I can only hope that's enough for you, because for me this is just the calm before the storm. Some people are going to receive their games only in late March, perhaps even early-to-mid April. This is really the best I can do.

Thanks for reading. :)

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities.

• Like 19

I know I have said this many times, but I think it's needs repeating...

I am constantly impressed and amazed by the people who continue to produce games for a system that hasn't seen a retail shelf in 30+ years. As someone who used to make games professionally, I know how much hard work it is when you work with a giant team of people putting together games. I cannot imagine the work load it must be for just one person. And for that, you have my respect and my patience.

IMO, everything you have said in this news bulletin had been made clear in the others you have posted also. It's a shame people couldn't take the time to read and understand the time-frames that were laid out for them, or display a little bit more patience.

Thank you again for all that you do for the rest of us.

• Like 7

The thing is, not everyone visits the AtariAge forums to keep up with what's happening, and I'm not on Facebook, Twitter or anything else of the sort (no time for that, really).

Some people just visit my web site directly, which doesn't provide immediate answers to questions linked to pre-ordering or shipping. It wasn't really a problem before, but it seems to be this time around.

Those darn budget boxes can't get here soon enough... And incidentally, I'm not buying a single shipping box until they do. Call me superstitious, but I don't want to jinx that last big package by assuming it's coming. Really, every time I jump the gun on stuff like this, something happens that produces more delays. So I'm just going to sit on my butt until those boxes finally arrive.

• Like 2

Pixelboy, you take as long as you need. I cannot speak for everyone, but I am sure most of everyone on this board is just really happy and thankful for all of the work you have done and continue to over extend yourself over and over again. I realize that life happens, things get delayed, but your track record for always delivering speaks for itself and that is good enough for me.

When it arrives, is the right time... making developers and publishers stressed by sending "where's my stuff" requests only serves to dishearten them and drive them to ... "Why do I even bother, I am not making any real money from this and it takes up sooo much of my time.."

Thank you and to all of the developers and publishers here on Atariage and other places that care enough about the community to continue to create for those of us who are not talented enough to make games and publish ourselves.

• Like 2

The thing is, not everyone visits the AtariAge forums to keep up with what's happening, and I'm not on Facebook, Twitter or anything else of the sort (no time for that, really).

Some people just visit my web site directly, which doesn't provide immediate answers to questions linked to pre-ordering or shipping. It wasn't really a problem before, but it seems to be this time around.

Those darn budget boxes can't get here soon enough... And incidentally, I'm not buying a single shipping box until they do. Call me superstitious, but I don't want to jinx that last big package by assuming it's coming. Really, every time I jump the gun on stuff like this, something happens that produces more delays. So I'm just going to sit on my butt until those boxes finally arrive.

Cold you add a BLOG to you website and then just post your updates there? And turn off comments, so you don't have to answer question in multiple places.

I could add a news page, I guess, but I would probably never update it with any regularity. As it is, I rarely update the "project status" tabs on the individual game pages.

You wouldn't need to update it any more regularly than you do these news bulletins. You could create a page, and then just put the links to these updates for the past year or so and only update that page when you do a new one. If there are some people who don't come to AtariAge for the updates and just go to the website, having a page like linking to these updates that solves that problem.

REpK0gd.jpg

I received the Pacar boxes just minutes ago!

The bad news: The reason why I was home when the boxes arrived is because I scrapped my back shoveling snow yesterday evening, and I can barely walk today, so I couldn't go to work.

My lower back is really hurting right now, so I can't help finding this quite ironic: The shipping box is just a few meters away from me, but I can't bend over, so I can't open it to inspect its content. :P

Hopefully I'll get back on my feet soon, and then I can get started on shipping all this stuff!

Probably sitting over there drinking Pina Colada's and watching reruns of the Kardashians in your underwear!! :lol:

Actually, the only thing I can do is some computer work, and I have to take breaks often because my lower back locks up if I stay seated for too long. But it's actually a little better now. Hopefully I will be able to go back to work tomorrow.

Ouch! you were right when you said something would delay the shippings...

Get better!

I haven't bought any shipping boxes yet, so I can't say that this back pain is delaying shipping just yet. :) The important thing is that the Pacar boxes have arrived.

• Like 1

Actually, the only thing I can do is some computer work, and I have to take breaks often because my lower back locks up if I stay seated for too long. But it's actually a little better now. Hopefully I will be able to go back to work tomorrow. I haven't bought any shipping boxes yet, so I can't say that this back pain is delaying shipping just yet. :) The important thing is that the Pacar boxes have arrived.

For desk jockey's, Invest in one of these, or get work to buy you one or similar. Best thing I ever did for my back issues (other than exercise and chiropractor)

https://www.staples.ca/en/rocelco-adrmafm-adjustable-height-sit-stand-desk-riser-with-medium-anti-fatigue-standing-mat-black/product_2502794_1-CA_1_20001

Edit:Dumb iPad autocorrect...

Take your time, Luc; you can only do so much.. Ill enjoy my games just the same, whether I get them in March or some time later in April. Which reminds me: I need to respond to your last email regarding my order. :

Edit: I just read your post about being injured. Yikes! Get some rest and feel better soon!

Edited by ColecoGamer

Take your time and get as much rest you need. I certainly don't mind waiting and have actually enjoyed the lessons in patience that collecting homebrews brings. I know at the end there are wonderful new ColecoVision games to play and cherish so that's motivation enough. To do things right takes extra time and these products are so top-notch that unforeseen delays are well worth the end result. Especially considering so few are involved in making these a reality for so many of us. I also understand that newcomers like me are last in line and that others in front will have waited longer and therefore be gotten to first so it's all understandable and should be no reason to feel rushed or under a firm deadline to satisfy everyone all at once.

• Like 1

Quick update: I contacted all the people in the first group this evening, and I've already received a good number of replies as I write this, but I haven't replied to anyone yet. I will begin replying to people and processing orders tomorrow evening.

If you haven't been contacted today, then you're not in the first group, and that means you'll have to wait a while longer to get the games you pre-ordered. I will be concentrating on shipping the packages of the first group, and then I'll have a high number of boxes to glue and cartridges to assemble before I can start contacting the people of the next group.

Thanks for your continued support. :)

• Like 2

(* facepalm *) This is going to be quite tedious. :( I had to do some personal stuff tonight, and I started replying to people at 9 PM. By 10 PM, I had only sent e-mails to three people. Over 40 other customers to go...

Each customer has his own specific details to consider, and I have to go really, really slowly, double and even triple-checking everything before I press the "Send" button in order to avoid mistakes.

I streamlined my order processing method tonight, so hopefully I'll make quicker progress tomorrow evening.

• Like 5