IGNORED

How old are you?

mr_intv

I am only 30... in Hexadecimal.

48 in decimal :(

I am actually shocked at the younger numbers here. Even 45, I would have guessed Colecovision or even NES would be your system of choice.

In the Nintendo early days.. Most friends and myself had moved to the C=64. I didn't pick up an nes until 90 or 91? Didn't get a ton of use.

The intellivision had a little rest in 1985. But then I got that catalog in the mail from Triton... and the rest is history.

• Like 1

Great to see a young Intellivision player who was born after it supposedly died. :thumbsup:

And who is a Master Jedi , in the art of intellivision game playing. ??

I don't even come close most of the times and I've been playing these game more years than Ignorama's age.

Cheers

• Like 2

Well, to go slight off topic: I run into the Intellivision completely by accident. I was a hoarder back then and just wanted as many consoles as possible, so I not even looked for anything specific and typed "Retro Console" in on Ebay, where I found a Intellivision. I had no idea what it was and bought it. But than I was pretty fascinated by its history and its marketchanging abilities. First 16 bit console, first download games and many more. So while I sold a lot of systems in the meantime (like Gamecube, Saturn, Jaguar, Atari 7800, WonderSwan and many more) I kept the Intellivision.

Than, another accident made me to go for the complete collection. I bought a lot of new old stock from Venezuela, because the games were cheap and of course in a decent condition. But I stopped at a point when I almost had every common title. Then I discovered a Ebay-auction which contained Tutankham, as far as I knew back then a Ultra Rare game, which is the rating in many guides. So I bought this auction and thought "why stop here". Well, maybe because I had thousands of dollars to spend if I move on, but young people often do not plan very well for the future :lol: But hey, I had a goal, I had a job and so I went on and on. As some may remember it was very fast in the first place, but of course it slowed down a lot when I walked through the just "rare" games and came to the REAL ultra rare and also ultra expensive ones.

So right now I am missing Learning Fun II as my last game to complete this journey. It was a fun one and even if the market broke a bit down (man, when I bought SMB it was around 400... ) I dont regret it. Money is there to be wasted.

And in concern of the games: I like to break the mechanics. I am not really a good player in my opinion, but I try to see how the game works and how I can abuse its mechanic to get a good score. Like in Star Strike, in which I never flew left or right, because its a better strategy to just move up and down. Or in Tropical Trouble, our actual round, in which I dont even try to follow the path anymore, because its much safer to just move on and jump through the areas. Its maybe skill, but in a different way. More the skill to recognize these possibilities.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 4