IGNORED

LiveDVD Atari Emulator

AtariJam

Don't run Linux myself, also saying that if you get paid you will then make newer versions makes this 'ransomware' to me which puts me off...

Asking for donations is ok but when its no more versions until I get it, then that's pushing it in my book.

Others may feel differently..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Not the first time I've seen the mention or site... though it's been a number of years... I still remember it. It's great to try something.... though I would have posted or asked if it were the same person.... which it appears it is. In any event glad to see you back around...I pretty sure you have an old account under a different name, if you remember it you can just pick up where you left off under that account.

I wonder... is the Windows PE enough to run such software? Probably not as most of it is heavily reliant on DirectX. IMO it'd be a much better solution.

Though that said, I see no point running emulators standalone unless it's something like a multi-game cabinet or HTPC.

Don't run Linux myself, also saying that if you get paid you will then make newer versions makes this 'ransomware' to me which puts me off...

Asking for donations is ok but when its no more versions until I get it, then that's pushing it in my book.

Others may feel differently..

The definition of ransomware is little different ... I give out a modified version of SLAX linux which starts immediately with configured Atari800. You dont have to pay antything nor i block your computer.

The donations as you can see are in just exotic cryptocurrencies and its not obligatory to pay so i dont know where is the problem.

• Like 1

Okay, I don't want to be negative right away, but here are some points you might consider to see some more enthusiasm:

• Make download link clickable
  • Provide source code for all the (L)GPL code incorporated in this binary-only release
  • Some repo that allows me (and others) to build the image myself and check the diffs to vanilla Slax
  • A YouTube video demonstration
  • Boot times?
  • Explain why I should reboot my machine to run this instead of a native emulator or Altirra with Wine
  • Like 2

The definition of ransomware is little different ... I give out a modified version of SLAX linux which starts immediately with configured Atari800. You dont have to pay antything nor i block your computer.

The donations as you can see are in just exotic cryptocurrencies and its not obligatory to pay so i dont know where is the problem.

You have my apologies, due to pain I speed read (too long an explanation) and didn't quite pick up on emulators of others machines part, I saw just other versions of the emulator.

First to admit when I screw up...

Paul...

Is the emulator based on an already out one or all your own?

• Like 2

No.

Nothing to do with me!

It looks like someone spent 20 mins setting up a cut down slax linux with a copy of atari800 and bundled a bunch of © software and a config file with it. The configured Atari has 192K of RAM which is pretty special! I can't see why _anyone_ would want or need to run this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

post-62759-0-46133000-1516726481_thumb.jpg

post-62759-0-26222600-1516726668_thumb.jpg

post-62759-0-59267900-1516726469_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr Robot

I wanted to save time some people and do completely configured atari emulator with the software that can run on almost any computer ..

I didnt expected gratitude but also didn't expected the Spanish Inquisition ...

Page and a link to the ISO file has been removed.

Regards,

This criticism is just ridiculous. The guy just posted the configuration work he did. With all do respect he should just make a script and have an icon to launch it ..using wget to access the roms and games. Then it would be perfectly fine to distribute. Asking for donation is perfectly fine. Good grief.

It looks like someone spent 20 mins setting up a cut down slax linux with a copy of atari800 and bundled a bunch of © software and a config file with it. The configured Atari has 192K of RAM which is pretty special! I can't see why _anyone_ would want or need to run this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wow. Classy!

Please keep in mind that this person certainly does not speak for everybody here.

Page and a link to the ISO file has been removed.

Not that I blame you for being upset at some of the stupid remarks in this thread but removing it is also a rather d__k move.

What's ridiculous is someone asking for money for what's essentially half an hour worth of work at no expense, and IP that doesn't belong to them.

Can I have Paypal donations every time I post a snippet of code?

The guy obviously is not a programmer. He did something he thinks is cool. No need to belittle his effort as it may have not been an easy task for him. Though I do agree what he did is easily and quickly done and I personally see no value in it. It's just self accomplishment by the poster.

Edited by thetick1

Says I have to sign in?

Never booted a Linux CD or DVD before ? Try the default Slax login/password .. google is your friend. Anyway again would be better if was made to automatically login and then have an icon that launches a script that wgets roms, but it's pretty clear it's not a well thought out project.