IGNORED

Vector Patrol by Tutstronix

LS650

I tried both stock and digital controller, same result. I think its just how the game is.

SiLic0ne t0aD, how is it compared to Space Patrol for you? Little slower?

I think it plays great personally but I'll have to try the other ports again to be able to make an assessment as far as the speed compared to each other goes.. . I haven't played the Coleco and Intv versions in ages. :) Won't be able to test until this weekend though, I'm out of town at the moment.

Just as a guess though, it's probably going to play a little slower compared to other versions, due to the limitations of the Vectrex and how it handles a lot going on all at once on screen. Still, a mighty fine port though nonetheless. ;)

• Like 1

Oh, man! I had no idea this came out! I don't frequent this forum as much as I should although I have his website bookmarked and I check it about once a month and since it was never updated I didn't realize it got released yet! (I sometimes just like to go right to the source!)

I'm hoping copies are still available to order?

Oh, man! I had no idea this came out! I don't frequent this forum as much as I should although I have his website bookmarked and I check it about once a month and since it was never updated I didn't realize it got released yet! (I sometimes just like to go right to the source!)

I'm hoping copies are still available to order?

Just send him an email, he still has copies of Vector Pilot as well.

I have been enjoying my copy of Vector Patrol ☺ I noticed in the demo that there seems to be more championship levels with new enemies than the original game.

I should read the manual and see if it mentions that.

Has anyone got to the new courses yet?

I'm trying to get there without using continue.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Oh there is great optional content to "unlock" by achievements.

Even as a play-tester my copy is #53, and I don't know where these achievement unlock places are. We had an "all options unlocked" version and a version like this final release.

Sort of a Spoiler Alert at the end mentions 2 achievement options I know about. It says what objects unlock, but not what those objects are. If you absolutely do not want to know anything don't read the bottom. I've seen one option on YouTube and I don't think that should have been shown in respect to gamers who want to discover it themselves. I e-mailed Kristof for permission to make a YouTube without spoilers, but not getting a reply, I didn't make a video.

He offered both overlays and the game at a small discount for play testers.

I refused and paid him more than the full price because this is just a frickin masterpiece.

I thought that this had original music. Then I noticed sometimes it's riffing off the arcade opening tune.

Anyone recognize the other song? It is from a Rock / Pop band's 2nd album in 1979, that album's 2nd single release, was #1 in the U.K. & #1 Ireland, #6 in Australia, but didn't chart in the U.S.

I remember hearing and/or owning it here in the U.S.

This first spoiler is the answer to what song:

It's a chiptune version from The Police 2nd album "Regatta de Blanc", 2nd single release following "Message In A Bottle" titled "Walking On The Moon"! How cool is that? ?

This is a vague mention of what objects unlock, but not what the objects are:

Unlock 2 additional "player transportation objects", and those come with new corresponding scrolling backgrounds, you can use Options to mix and match up to 9 different "looks".

• Like 2

Has any one else thought the moon buggy accelerates and decelerates a little slowly?

I did notice that, but as stated with everything going on, sometimes things come out running a little slower.

I just needed to change my game play a little, which I considered no big problem.

That said, it is so Arcade accurate, I find myself thinking "Oh, I always hated that particular rock-rock-pit location, or the place where there is a rock-pit- & tank on the far side of the pit - I remember that tricky place and it's the same as in the arcade!"

Yes I have to agree...I think I own just about ever release of Moon Patrol there is minus owning an actual arcade cab of it and this version feels more arcade like to me than any other home port I've played. My next favorite version is a tie between Space Patrol on the Intelly and the 5200 version. I just wish the buggy were a bit more to scale in the 5200 version.

Anyone else wondering why it says © 2106 ?
It wasn't finished, we were still play-testing it in 2017.

Joke: Maybe he started burning EEPROMS in 2016?

Maybe that's the year he considered it done, and anything extra or changed was just making things nicer?

I'll have to check the box and manual to see if there are dates anywhere else.

Maybe he was sure it would be done in 2016, so that's what he had printed. And then it was delayed in 2016 and 2017 finally shipping it this year?

Are there different "end credits"?

First time I saw the billboard. Great idea!

I made it past "Z" in the first course giving me the High Score, so I watched the credits.
They used to just cinema scroll from bottom up.

Are there different "end credits"?

First time I saw the billboard. Great idea!

I made it past "Z" in the first course giving me the High Score, so I watched the credits.

They used to just cinema scroll from bottom up.

there are at least 2 versions of the credits I have seen.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You email him through his website which, is working just fine for me btw. Make sure it isn't your AV software. For some reason Kristof's website triggers most AV software including mine. I had to add his website domain to my whitelist.

• 2 months later...

Just dropped in to say I'm a new Vectrex owner and this will be the first time I've ever bought a homebrew for any of my vintage computer or console. I've ordered the 3.0 multicart as well. I've always wanted to own one of the unobtainium second gen consoles (like the Fairchild, Astrocade, Arcadia, Vectrex, etc.) and chose the Vectrex since there is nothing else like it, has a loyal following, and has a good library of original and homebrew games. It also didn't hurt my local indie game store had a reasonably priced Vectrex for sale and I was able to extensively playtest before buying.

• Like 1