IGNORED

Vector Patrol by Tutstronix

LS650

How long was it from the time you emailed him, time you received wait list email, to the time he actually got back to you so you could order?

Four days from initial email to waiting list then about 16 days til I could order. Last time Kristof posted a game to me took about 4 days to arrive so I'm reckoning that it will arrive by middle of next week latest. Til things die down, it will probably take new requests about a month in total, give or take depending on where you live.

As I stated I originally emailed Kristof on the 3rd. He replied like 5 days later saying he had me in the queue. Then I think about 5 days later from that I had the ordering information. I paid within an hour of receiving that email. I then received my copy last Friday so even with my contacting him failry early, it still took about a month.

Padawans must learn patience.... Long wait it is worth!

• Like 1

Is the number that's being shared by buyers the reservation number (that could have been given ahead of release) or the actual paid up and shipped out product total?

Hopefully it's the latter as I think it's a great potential audience for a grade A release and quite motivating for other potential developers and others in the supply chain.

I knew he would sell 200 copies of the game before the end of January! Amazing work and for Kristof pretty much being a one man operation on the releases themselves, it is no small feat to get 200+ copies of a game made up and released out in about a months time!

Wonder if this will eventually go on to sell more copies than Vector Pilot? I know he has sold over 500 copies of that game as mine was over the 500 number.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

I knew he would sell 200 copies of the game before the end of January! Amazing work and for Kristof pretty much being a one man operation on the releases themselves, it is no small feat to get 200+ copies of a game made up and released out in about a months time!

Wonder if this will eventually go on to sell more copies than Vector Pilot? I know he has sold over 500 copies of that game as mine was over the 500 number.

not really much of a prediction there if you've paid attention to other full game releases in recent years. The hype around this title (not unfounded) was pretty massive, and the only thing working against it is is NOT a limited edition. In that he makes these one at a time including burning a custom rom each time (time consuming) and people (who know) don't stress about ordering it the second they hear about it because you'll "always" be able to get it. The people buying early are either vectrex fanatics and/or want a low serial number (I missed the low serial number on this one but a round number like #200 is pretty cool too.)

Vector Pilot is now around the 800 mark I believe.

Wow! So he has sold another 300+ copies of Vector Pilot since I got mine about a year ago?! That's crazy and awesome!

Wonder if there is a list that has "unofficial" sales numbers for homebrews over the years on various systems to know what homebrew has essentially sold the most over its current life?

Well I know mine was #500 something and I want to say it was a lowish number. Would have to check later. But I do know for a fact that I got mine just about a year ago as my FB feed popped up reminding me of the day I took pics of it and posted about it in FB. It did that just about a week ago.

Could it be that he has batches of Vector Pilots and Vectrexians already made up and just grabs one to send off? So that might explain the out of sequence numbering if they were already pre-made? But we do know that the Vector Patrol's are being made one at a time on request so those are going to much closer sequentially to when people receive them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...